That's dangerous, you're too old to be doing it!

-
I oughta dig it out...I got a kdx200 and a 220 out in the shed...the 200 is a 96 barney bike like yours

Yeah, mine is '96 also. I am a Minnesota Vikings fan, so purple doesn't bother me. I did paint headlight fairing purple also, but had to strip it back off, was just too much ! Just redid top end in anticipation of big ride this summer in U.P. of Michigan with my son's. It has some good Jeff Fredette stuff on it. Other is '98 bought for youngest son. A little too much for him, so now he's on '14 Yamaha TTR 230. Other boy on '04 Honda CRF 230. Sissy youngsters can't handle the two strokes !!

Yeah, mine is '96 also. I am a Minnesota Vikings fan, so purple doesn't bother me. I did paint headlight fairing purple also, but had to strip it back off, was just too much ! Just redid top end in anticipation of big ride this summer in U.P. of Michigan with my son's. It has some good Jeff Fredette stuff on it. Other is '98 bought for youngest son. A little too much for him, so now he's on '14 Yamaha TTR 230. Other boy on '04 Honda CRF 230. Sissy youngsters can't handle the two strokes !!
thats hilarious, im pretty sure my 220 is a 98
and i got the wife a TTR 125
my boy is almost old enough to ride that one

(did some digging and found some pics)

my 96 in her full glory
i got the decals from a place called "senge graphics"
i mailed him a chunk of a stock purple decal and he matched it perfect

01220left_zpsd1971812.jpg

the 220, same decals but of the rack colors

08200left_zpsd19d5198.jpg

(me on the 220, caught on the trail cam)

stc_1450-jpg.jpg

the wife's TTR
she wanted a purple bike (or told me so knowing i wouldnt find one, so i painted it (decals from Senge)

2014-05-29_17-46-35_179_zps8b6aaea1.jpg

an old 200 i pieced together and since sold

20151226_120146-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
thats hilarious, im pretty sure my 220 is a 98
and i got the wife a TTR 125
my boy is almost old enough to ride that one

(did some digging and found some pics)

my 96 in her full glory
i got the decals from a place called "senge graphics"
i mailed him a chunk of a stock purple decal and he matched it perfect

View attachment 1715878754

the 220, same decals but of the rack colors

View attachment 1715878755

(me on the 220, caught on the trail cam)

View attachment 1715878756

the wife's TTR
she wanted a purple bike (or told me so knowing i wouldnt find one, so i painted it (decals from Senge)

View attachment 1715878758

an old 200 i pieced together and since sold

View attachment 1715878759

Nice bikes ! That Yamaha looks very, very cool, also. Nice job ! I looked a long time for some graphics I liked for my '96, but never found anything, so it has just a few stickers. The other bikes I found some pretty cool stuff for. Will send you some pics of them tomorrow. Stenge does make some really nice, top shelf stuff, but I'm a cheap *** !

Nice bikes ! That Yamaha looks very, very cool, also. Nice job ! I looked a long time for some graphics I liked for my '96, but never found anything, so it has just a few stickers. The other bikes I found some pretty cool stuff for. Will send you some pics of them tomorrow. Stenge does make some really nice, top shelf stuff, but I'm a cheap *** !

thanks

the hardest part of the yama was the tank
i ran coated the inside with a 2 part epoxy used to seal up leaky metal tanks, to keep the gasoline fumes from kililng the paint

then i used krylon plastic (i believe) to paint it
its been 6 years or so and it still looks great

I turned 60 last October and have had 2 strokes since. I cant say I care much for being 60, but I am a carpenter and still out work everyone on the job site, for about 4 hours, then the younger guys take over. They are good dudes and in their 30's and take of me on the jobsite. It works out good. They do treat me like an old man, but with respect and humor as it should be on a jobsite. I can take it, I gave it the first 40 years.

I turned 60 last October and have had 2 strokes since. I cant say I care much for being 60, but I am a carpenter and still out work everyone on the job site, for about 4 hours, then the younger guys take over. They are good dudes and in their 30's and take of me on the jobsite. It works out good. They do treat me like an old man, but with respect and humor as it should be on a jobsite. I can take it, I gave it the first 40 years.
Right On Brother! I'm done Production Framing in FL, due to the influx of Foreign Labor, but also Hung and Finished Drywall for over 10 years...still work circles around most, but busted my face up a Lil w/ a pry bar today, trying to collapse caliper on my Dakota. And I'm only 51. Take it Easy Brother, YOU Deserve it! WHO else is gonna Train them Kids?

I'm still climbing ladders, trees, working way above ground, driving too fast, peeling out, trusting farts and winning, looking at nekkid women and eating whatever I want. I live like I have lived most of my life and will only change when I have no choice!

View attachment 1715878501

Well said. I don’t plan on stopping my tree climbing, ladder work 24-28ft, rock work, MTB anytime soon. Carry on you young at heart. Be safe. Craig
P.S. Ladders and trees don’t mix. Rope and saddle or gaffs for removal only.

Last edited:
Ladders, motorcycles, bikes, and flamethrowers are off limits now. Actually, flamethrowers were never a thing. Drag strip, wife and daughter think I shouldn't be racing anymore. I don't know why, it's bracket car and an 1/8 mile track so under 90 mph. Took my daughter :) with me and she loved the rush, but was afraid I would do something foolish and not be able to be put together again. My wife has always said there is know one she trusts more driving a car, yet she give me grief about the track now. My health and reactions are good, so they have to deal with it with a huff and a puff. :mad: :mad:

Coming 69 in June. I think I might actually be in better physical and muscular shape than I was 10 or even 15 years ago, But due to sitting around a lot, the cardio is down. All my junk still works the same as it ever did, and I found out last weekend, that I can still jump about 3.5/4 ft over the side of a big SuperDuty ! With no ill or lasting effects. Not saying I want to do it too many times in a row tho....
One thing I have noticed is that my body odors are changing; not talking farts, I rarely have those, but you know,armpits, scalp, toes and stuff. Even behind my ears gets a lil weird sometimes. And whats up with that aroma emanating from the backside of my knees? Weird....
I scraped and painted my two-story house a couple of years ago....... but I rented some scaffolding. It took me all summer tho, working between the wind, the rain, and the wicked heat. Last year I was up on the 12/12 roof, patching some blown off shingles; but again, I rigged up some ropes to hang on to.
Sixty stinking Eight is not old to me yet, ask me in another 10.

I went to the gun range today and since no one was there, I went rattlesnake huntin' along the tree line when I was done. Neither activity bothers my wife. I dont however keep pythons anymore.

Climbing trees this week just for exercise and fun. Went up about 32 ft today to retrieve a cambium saver stuck in a crotch of the tree. Wife snapped this while I was hanging (25ft?) and untangling my throw line. Craig
05233C41-D77D-4037-82C0-4C64E36F6FE5.jpeg

At least none of you guys get the "you can't do that because you're a girrrllll" . I'm still at the age where I can hop, skip and jump and crawl under cars and get under dashes with ease.

When I need to fart I can go stand next to any middle aged man and let out a silent but deadly and everyone kinda naturally blames him. LoL

My goal is to become the little old lady from Colorado, driving a duster and tuning carburetors until I'm pushing up daisy's.
:usflag:

I'll be 59 next month. April 1st to be exact! I've been fooling people since I've been born. :D

I don't plan on slowing down...until I'm forced to. I do a lot of physical activity at work and when I'm off I'm doing something around the house or garage. I feel good when I work the body.

On my 50th birthday I did a tandem jump at 13,500 feet. I may do it again at 60, 70, and 80!!!

I think we get old because we slow down, unlike some who think we should slow down when we get old.

I'm thankful for good health and feel that staying active helps keep us healthy.

As the president says "Go Get Him" :realcrazy:

Terry Trace 0046.JPG

58 this year. Hips and knees falling apart. Throw in the lower back for good measure. Typically im in my garage 7 days a week either earning money or working on my own stuff. Not this year. Pain has slowed me down, and the bathroom scale is telling me the same thing as my jeans. Stairs, ladders and any long distance walking is getting difficult. Can i blame the covid vaccine from last april? Maybe it played a part, but arthritis is what the doc is saying.

i did lots of roofing, climbing tv towers, tree climbing and whatever needed doing. Now i have to think things through.

Hips and knees falling apart. Throw in the lower back for good measure.

Damn. Sorry to hear. Once in a while my right knee will act up...its the one I always put on the ground when I kneel. Same with my back, just once in a while. I enjoy an Asian massage now and then to help with that. :rolleyes:

I run my huskies by attaching their leads to an apparatus on my bicycle... I let them get their exercise without me being dragged around the neighborhood... Lotta people think I'm crazy, I could be killed.. Maybe they are right... But in the past with my previous huskies I walked them allot, it got to the point I was walking them eighteen miles every day & when done they were still ready to go twice as far...

I tried harnessing them to my bike & found a five mile run would wear them out pretty good & they were content for the rest of the day....

In the first month I got crashed twice, my fault, I failed to control the dogs... Once they saw a cat, the other time a rabbit.... You need to pay attention & spot the distraction before it becomes a distraction... Whether you do that by watching your surroundings or what I actually found worked better was watching the dogs & if their attention shifted you need to correct them immediately....

After those two incidents it's been probably ten years & I haven't hit the pavement.. Had to grab the brakes & control the situation yeah but I haven't gone down...

I would love to go diving again soon, haven't been since the last trip to Hawaii back in 2016..

Last time I climbed higher than fifteen feet on a ladder? Three weeks ago....

I might be getting older but I haven't died yet... And I'd rather die trying rather than do nothing...
I'd LOVE to see a picture of the Huskie Bicycle thing!:thumbsup:

Damn. Sorry to hear. Once in a while my right knee will act up...its the one I always put on the ground when I kneel. Same with my back, just once in a while. I enjoy an Asian massage now and then to help with that. :rolleyes:
Are you talking about an Asian massage with a happy ending.???????????:thumbsup:

Just turned 65 in September and my wife doesn't want me to climb anymore.
I have a giant oak tree that needs trimmed and planned on renting an articulating lift but she said just get someone else to do it.
I have chronic pain syndrome that makes it really hard to do stuff like that anymore.

Just turned 65 in September and my wife doesn't want me to climb anymore.
I have a giant oak tree that needs trimmed and planned on renting an articulating lift but she said just get someone else to do it.
I have chronic pain syndrome that makes it really hard to do stuff like that anymore.

I got hit had on by an 85 mph drunk back about '74 or 5, I was about 26. Crushed a knee cap and cut the tendons in two. Killed the drunk. He was in a big old Lincoln. I was pulling a gooseneck loaded with a tractor and such, probably what saved me. It took a year before it would bend half way.
Now at 74, my joints are good, but that leg will sometimes just fold. You should have seen me the last time on a ladder and it folded!!

-
Back