The current price of one gallon of Super Clean cleaning solvent. Wow.

-
Yes I usually get 2.5 gallon at Walmart and have had to buy single gallons lately. Price has gone up !

For the guys using “purple power”. Years ago I was cleaning my motorhome with this and carelessly plopped my cleaning glove in the bucket and got a face full of cleaner in my eyes. I ended up
In the emergency room getting my eyes flushed for 45 minutes, a shot in my rearend, and sab for my eyes for a week. I was told how lucky I was for getting to the hospital or the lye would have blinded me. Please be careful.

Yes, Purple Power Industrial Strength Cleaner/Degreaser contains 25% sodium hydroxide, which is severely corrosive to the eyes and can cause eye burns. Direct contact with the eyes can cause irreversible damage, including blindness. The cleaner also contains a chelating agent that can cause severe irritation to the eyes, corneal injury, and chemical burns. Purple Power can also irritate and burn the skin and respiratory tract, and the effects may be delayed. It's harmful if absorbed through the skin
That's probably why it works so well.

Bought a gallon container of this stuff this morning.
$6.50 a gallon, out there in California.
Gonna give it a try.
Thank's for the tip.
it works alright if you're agitating the part but i found myself a little wanting when using it as a straight soak.

it's great for aluminum, though! no staining at all

I was doing some shopping at my Lowe's store this morning, and a gallon of Super Clean is priced at $13.00 dollars, for the gallon.
I would have saved two bucks, but still, this product has gone up in price, no matter where you purchase it at.
The price we pay, in this modern world that we all live in.

Not car related, but I use Roundup Weed Killer For Lawns on my yard. NOT the regular Roundup that kills everything. The Roundup Weed Killer For Lawns kills only the weeds and not the grass. It does an amazing job. It even kills crabgrass and nut grass. Anyway, I paid $10 per quart for the concentrate that makes 8 gallons for several years. I went to Lowes to get some a few weeks ago, and it now costs $22. Wow!
That being said, it is still worth it. It really does do a great job of killing weeds. It works better than the $40 per quart stuff they sell at the nurseries.

I was doing some shopping at my Lowe's store this morning, and a gallon of Super Clean is priced at $13.00 dollars, for the gallon.
I would have saved two bucks, but still, this product has gone up in price, no matter where you purchase it at.
The price we pay, in this modern world that we all live in.
Jim, have you tried WalMart? I cannot stand the place, but they beat everyone on some things.

Not car related, but I use Roundup Weed Killer For Lawns on my yard. NOT the regular Roundup that kills everything. The Roundup Weed Killer For Lawns kills only the weeds and not the grass. It does an amazing job. It even kills crabgrass and nut grass. Anyway, I paid $10 per quart for the concentrate that makes 8 gallons for several years. I went to Lowes to get some a few weeks ago, and it now costs $22. Wow!
That being said, it is still worth it. It really does do a great job of killing weeds. It works better than the $40 per quart stuff they sell at the nurseries.
In our county, they use regular Roundup cut 50% with diesel fuel to spray on the right of ways. ALL the vegetation is brown the next day. Even small trees. I don't like it and I've questioned the county commissioner about it before. I asked what he thought it was doing to our ground water. No answer.

For the guys using “purple power”. Years ago I was cleaning my motorhome with this and carelessly plopped my cleaning glove in the bucket and got a face full of cleaner in my eyes. I ended up
In the emergency room getting my eyes flushed for 45 minutes, a shot in my rearend, and sab for my eyes for a week. I was told how lucky I was for getting to the hospital or the lye would have blinded me. Please be careful.

Yes, Purple Power Industrial Strength Cleaner/Degreaser contains 25% sodium hydroxide, which is severely corrosive to the eyes and can cause eye burns. Direct contact with the eyes can cause irreversible damage, including blindness. The cleaner also contains a chelating agent that can cause severe irritation to the eyes, corneal injury, and chemical burns. Purple Power can also irritate and burn the skin and respiratory tract, and the effects may be delayed. It's harmful if absorbed through the skin
I put some PurplePower in my solvent tank last year and soaked a couple of valuable car parts that were ruined overnight. (I can't remember what they were now, but I was Pissed!)
Never used again and I never will.

I put some PurplePower in my solvent tank last year and soaked a couple of valuable car parts that were ruined overnight. (I can't remember what they were now, but I was Pissed!)
Never used again and I never will.
ALL of the purple cleaners are caustic and will ruin aluminum parts. I just don't use it on aluminum, not even diluted.

Yeah, Lesson learned.
I soaked some Chrome Harley Footpegs in Muriatic Acid one time so I could paint them black...
I didn't know they were made of Harluminum. 25 minutes later I Pulled out some Empty/Hollow Chrome footpegs that weighed about 5 grams

Jim, have you tried WalMart? I cannot stand the place, but they beat everyone on some things.
Ya, i do go into the local Wall Mart, but very infrequently.
Target, seems to be my store of choice, down the street from me.

EDIT:
At least i should go in there more often, when I'm needing something to purchase, that i haven't in awhile.
No reason, why i don't go into the Wall Mart.

Last edited:

Target!!! I haven’t been in that store since store policy said it was ok for guys to go in the lady’s bathroom. Say what you will about Walmart but they haven’t gone this route yet.

cheap toilet paper has gone up to 1.50 a roll

Bought home paper products in bulk packaging at the "big box" store for years now since it's cheaper than buying single rolls.
I was surprised with the price increase this past week when I bought a 32-roll package of Charmin Ultra Strong at the local Sam's Club at $28.88 ($0.90+/roll). I was also surprised to find a 32-roll package of Charmin Ultra Soft with their fairly newly advertised "smooth tear" priced higher at $31.48 ($0.98+/roll).

Toilet paper: strange subject for a FABO thread unless we're discussing the Frantz "toilet paper" oil filter (remember them?)...
Toilet paper in an oil filter is actually a good idea - Hagerty Media

A new design is available...
<meta name="google-site-verification" content="bJwZ4DB81-PCe7jHq8V4a3vt_hM_1_o1DD601EGHXM8" />

EDIT:
At least i should go in there more often, when I'm needing something to purchase, that i haven't in awhile.
No reason, why i don't go into the Wall Mart.
We would go more if one was in Gray. But the closest nice one is in Milledgeville, about 25 miles from here. There's one in east Macon much closer, but you can literally stand at the front door and watch the thugs walk out with merchandise, so we seldom go to Macon for anything.

I just happened to notice the price of Superclean at Advance Auto here in Wyoming last week while waiting to check out. $19.99 per gallon.

I also noticed the RainEx All Season washer fluid that used to be $3.29 not very long ago was now $6.79!

Like I said, Wally World has it online for under $7 a gallon. The 5 gallon square jug is $22.47. You get free shipping over 35 bucks. We're gonna buy two when we get paid.

While we're on this subject, here's what I wanna know. Does anybody make a spigot valve that screws directly on the lid of a standard 5 gallon bucket? I cannot seem to find one. Kitty doesn't have a lot of strength in her hands and I want to build a simple stand to hold a bucket horizontally so all she has to do is turn a valve to get some cleaner.

While we're on this subject, here's what I wanna know. Does anybody make a spigot valve that screws directly on the lid of a standard 5 gallon bucket? I cannot seem to find one. Kitty doesn't have a lot of strength in her hands and I want to build a simple stand to hold a bucket horizontally so all she has to do is turn a valve to get some cleaner.
I washed out a jug from laundry detergent and it has the push button spigot.

I washed out a jug from laundry detergent and it has the push button spigot.
I thought about that, but surely somebody makes a valve similar for a 5 gallon bucket, but danged if I can find one.

Help me find it. When I search WalMart this is all I get.

1724430843302.png

-
Back