The current price of one gallon of Super Clean cleaning solvent. Wow.

-

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I like using the Super Clean product when cleaning up, degreasing, the brake and suspension parts that i rebuild.

Needed a fresh gallon of that solvent this morning, so i stopped off at my local O'Reilly's auto parts store, when i was out doing my errands, around the city.

Haven't needed any in quite awhile, and boy was i shocked to death, when finding out that stuff is now $15.00 bucks a gallon.

Just curious, what parts prices are you guys now paying for stuff that you haven't purchased in awhile?

I like using the Super Clean product when cleaning up, degreasing, the brake and suspension parts that i rebuild.

Needed a fresh gallon of that solvent this morning, so i stopped off at my local O'Reilly's auto parts store, when i was out doing my errands, around the city.

Haven't needed any in quite awhile, and boy was i shocked to death, when finding out that stuff is now $15.00 bucks a gallon.

Just curious, what parts prices are you guys now paying for stuff that you haven't purchased in awhile?
I keep a big tub of this and let parts soak for a day or two (or so long that i forget where they are) it's $12 for 2.5gal At walmart :)

1724100089961.png

Last edited:
i switched over to zep purple industrial cleaner. the 5gal at lowes/home desperate is 48~52 bucks

berrymans used to be around $100 for a 5gal and that went up to $300. that was a bit of a shocker.

1 gallon of Purple Power at WalMart online is $6.97.

Yeah I use diesel as well, but that leaves it a lil greasy.
So then, I wipe the diesel off, and a quick blast of Brake parts cleaner, followed by air, gets the job done.
Yeah, it's an extra step, but I'm retired, I got nothing but extra time now.

It's like walking my 80 pound dog. It used to be a chore I despised. I didn't have time for that.
Now?
At 71 my body needs the exercise, and if I miss two days, I'm gonna pay
Now?
it's just time, I got nothing but extra time now.
Now?
I take the bicycle, and pedal slow; we could be gone for an hour. My dog needs the exercise too, he's 13, which in Dog years, he's like 20 years older than me. I take him off leash, and he wanders off-trail, following his nose, and giving chase to anything that moves. What a retard!
But I digress.

Last edited:
Jim, since you've used the Castrol Super Clean for years... You won't be very impressed with Purple Power... So while at Walmart notice their price on Castrol Super Clean is a lot better than O'Reilly's & consider sticking with what you are familiar with...

Speaking of expensive....

I had to buy some special eye drops last week (Pataday brand), and a 2.5 ml bottle was something like $24. I don't have the receipt with me right now at the office, otherwise I'd be more precise, but..My wife and I ran the numbers over dinner, and a gallon of that stuff would cost $8,800!

I keep a big tub of this and let parts soak for a day or two (or so long that i forget where they are) it's $12 for 2.5gal At walmart :)

View attachment 1716291766

For the guys using “purple power”. Years ago I was cleaning my motorhome with this and carelessly plopped my cleaning glove in the bucket and got a face full of cleaner in my eyes. I ended up
In the emergency room getting my eyes flushed for 45 minutes, a shot in my rearend, and sab for my eyes for a week. I was told how lucky I was for getting to the hospital or the lye would have blinded me. Please be careful.

Yes, Purple Power Industrial Strength Cleaner/Degreaser contains 25% sodium hydroxide, which is severely corrosive to the eyes and can cause eye burns. Direct contact with the eyes can cause irreversible damage, including blindness. The cleaner also contains a chelating agent that can cause severe irritation to the eyes, corneal injury, and chemical burns. Purple Power can also irritate and burn the skin and respiratory tract, and the effects may be delayed. It's harmful if absorbed through the skin

-
Back