The definitive 1969 440 'cuda thread

-

69CudaFan

Reaction score
Hey all! I am back up a running and hope to post more and continue to learn from this incredible community.

I am looking to start a "one stop shopping" thread regarding the 1969 440 'cuda. Here is what I am after:

Reference Pictures
Documentation
Historical Paperwork or Corporate Communication
Articles

I have reached out to BB-Dave personally and I know he has a wealth of info, but there are also others on this site who know more about these elusive beasts as well. Not sure how much of the 383 stuff will apply to the 440s (paint markings, etc), but that is part of the point of this thread.

I hope this thread will continue to grow and grow with information and pictures. I am aware there are other threads on this topic, and I will add things as I can, but encourage others to do the same.

I have a 69 383 cuda that's never been apart. Let me know if I can help with anything.

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Excellent Posts '69 Cuda Fan'

I have an original.

The biggest mistake most people will make, is that they call the car a Cuda 440.

But we all know it is a ......... 440 'cuda

Regarding what the 440 'cuda was built for in 1969.

NHRA Class ......................... C/SA ....... {8.50 to 8.99 Wt/HP}
NHRA Super/Stock Class ....... SS/GA ......{8.50 to 8.99 Wt/HP}

Got a friend who has one - IIRC he got it as a high school graduation in 76 or so. It's currently sitting outside rusting away no motor or transmission. I've seen the VIN and fender tag and it's legit - he is gonna restore it (someday!)

I read that a original pair of 440 Cuda manifolds go for like 4K Is that true?

Got a friend who has one - IIRC he got it as a high school graduation in 76 or so. It's currently sitting outside rusting away no motor or transmission. I've seen the VIN and fender tag and it's legit - he is gonna restore it (someday!)

If you can get the VIN and fender tag info, I know BB-Dave would love to add it to the registry if it is not already in there. I think last count he was up to 104 known to exist between FB and NB M Codes.

I read that a original pair of 440 Cuda manifolds go for like 4K Is that true?

Is possible, if you can even find them. Original exhaust manifolds (Left # 3462017, Right # 2863900). The passenger side is easier to come by. The driver's side 3462017 casting is nearly impossible to find.

vbpgimage.php

If you can get the VIN and fender tag info, I know BB-Dave would love to add it to the registry if it is not already in there. I think last count he was up to 104 known to exist between FB and NB M Codes.

He already has it in the registry. Instead of being inside the garage protected from the elements, he's got 3 or 4 riding lawn mowers inside :banghead: You can see it beside the garage when you drive by - really a shame!

"Regular Production Super Stock Racer".........Same car 26 years later!

Attachments

• '69 M-code 'cuda 017 @50%size.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 284
  • '69 M-code 'cuda 021 @50%.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 293
One of my favorites...even without color matched 14x5.5in wheels. It is the only one I have seen with a weird partial vinyl top.

69440Cuda.jpg

-
Back