The Post Office blows!

-

Longgone

John/68 Barracuda & Dart
Reaction score
I used the USPS parcel post (2-9 day service)
to send a bellhousing from Va. to Tn.. I sent it on the 12th of this month and it`s still not there. Their parcel post service just blows.....I`ll NEVER use them again.

I always use Priority mail....no more than 2-3 day service ever.....much better than parcel post.

This brings up a good point: Here in Canada our Post Office is pretty good (wasn't always that way though).

In the US you like to use UPS a lot, but up here UPS BLOWS! If you send something up here to us via UPS, it totally sucks and they charge us brokerage fees and all this crap.....they are complete @#$holes!

It goes both ways, I too have had things take forever but have also had thing show up darn quick. A FABO member in Florida sent me two wheels parcel post and it showed up in 3 days to Washington state. You can't get much farther apart. When I looked at the boxes it had air tags listing the two airports. Even though it was shipped parcel post they put them on an air plane.

It is better late then never. I never got my narrowed 8 3/4 with 35 spline Strange axles shipped by fedex and even though it was insured they denied my claim so I am out the part and money. Fedex found out what comes around goes around 10 fold.

Chuck

I've been shipping stuff since long before the internet and I've noticed that since the internet has become a mainstay of modern life, Canada Post has improved their services. The local post offices are always busy now, whereas once upon a time they were not. Perhaps people like Fedex are overwhelmed now.

I agree about shipping with UPS out here ih the boonies they subcontract and the service is bad. Canada post is a hundred times better .

FEDEX ground is pretty resonable cost wise. I have found them cheaper than either USPS or UPS.

I'm chasing FedEx right now for my header shipment from Spitfire headers. The passenger side arrived, and theres no sign of the drivers side. Its always something. Mike

Mike, you won't get your other header but I hope you do. Fedex sucks, I will not ever use them again, period. I decide to make a purchase from Jeg's the other day because I have not bought from them in years and thought it was time to give them some of my money (I use Summit). When the package arrived it was on a fedex truck. I called Jeg's and told them what had happened to my rear end and asked if they would ship their items with someone else. They said that fedex is who they use and it would not ship by anyone else so I said that this last order was the last and I would not use Jeg's again unless they changed their shipper or gave a choice.

Mike, thanks again for the wheels!

Chuck

340mopar said:
It is better late then never. I never got my narrowed 8 3/4 with 35 spline Strange axles shipped by fedex and even though it was insured they denied my claim so I am out the part and money. Fedex found out what comes around goes around 10 fold.

Chuck

I'm curious. What reason did they give for denying your claim? Might help the rest of us cover our asses if we have to deal with them.

I used ground mail from here in Arkansas to CO last Monday at about 11:00 am.
package weight 28 lb cost 18.50 !! I do not have any experience with this so I do not know if that was a good price or not.
ramcharger will let me know when it gets there.

I saw the topic of this thread and I thought they were finally doing something worthy of praise.... but yeah, they suck, work performance-wise at least.

Wanna hear the story about how they delivered a 3 ft. windshield molding, and stuffed it into a 2 1/2 ft. space? :?

Longgone said:
I used the USPS parcel post (2-9 day service)
to send a bellhousing from Va. to Tn.. I sent it on the 12th of this month and it`s still not there. Their parcel post service just blows.....I`ll NEVER use them again.

Hopefully it shows up at all. I always get tracking so if they do loose it they have a way to track it. Without tracking they have no way to track it in case some dufus sticks it on the wrong truck. Great system they got there ain't it!! It only costs .50 for tracking so I figure it's worth it.

I work in a shipping/receving department. We use UPS, Fed EX, Reddaway, EPX (before they went under), Danza, ect. UPS has a 6 foot drop rule, If it wont survive a 6 foot drop dont use ups, If it is longer than 2 feet, dont use ups. Fed Ex isnt too bad just as long as your murchandise stays off one of their main docks that is when some jackass decides to run into a pallet of glass with his forklift or knock it over and then igore the broken sound. I have been hearing good things about DHL but I haven't delt with them yet.
I wouldn't ship anything bigger than a shoebox with USPS.

fishy68 said:
Hopefully it shows up at all. I always get tracking so if they do loose it they have a way to track it. Without tracking they have no way to track it in case some dufus sticks it on the wrong truck. Great system they got there ain't it!! It only costs .50 for tracking so I figure it's worth it.

You would think that, even if there is no guarantee that your package will reach it`s destination in 9 days, isn`t there a courtesy or moral obligation to deliver it in a reasonable amount of time? I shipped another package on 2-27 that just reached it`s destination in Wa. on 3-26. That`s absurd!

I heard about that 6 foot drop rule UPS had quite awhile back but thought it was just something somebody that was mad at them made up until I went to ship something and the UPS shipping center told me it is true. They also told me everything has to be double boxed or the insurance is not valid.

Longgone said:
You would think that, even if there is no guarantee that your package will reach it`s destination in 9 days, isn`t there a courtesy or moral obligation to deliver it in a reasonable amount of time? I shipped another package on 2-27 that just reached it`s destination in Wa. on 3-26. That`s absurd!

Yeah you would think. Problem is some workers just don't care. Some even go as far as trying to destroy stuff. A friend of mine worked at a UPS shipping depot a few yrs. back and he told me he saw guys kicking boxes across the floor. Just the ones that had the Fragile sticker on them though. He said never put a fragile sticker on it. That just invites a problem.

340mopar said:
Mike, you won't get your other header but I hope you do. Fedex sucks, I will not ever use them again, period. I decide to make a purchase from Jeg's the other day because I have not bought from them in years and thought it was time to give them some of my money (I use Summit). When the package arrived it was on a fedex truck. I called Jeg's and told them what had happened to my rear end and asked if they would ship their items with someone else. They said that fedex is who they use and it would not ship by anyone else so I said that this last order was the last and I would not use Jeg's again unless they changed their shipper or gave a choice.

Mike, thanks again for the wheels!

Chuck

I have something about once a month coming from JEG's and have for the past couple of years. I have nothing but good things to say about the FEDEX second day delivery that JEG's provides. Plus the couple of times that I got something that was not what I expected (they shipped what I ordered) they have sent replacements before I have returned the stuff I don't want.

65s said:
In the US you like to use UPS a lot, but up here UPS BLOWS! If you send something up here to us via UPS, it totally sucks and they charge us brokerage fees and all this crap.....they are complete @#$holes!

241428627.jpg

[QUOTE='64 Cuda]I'm curious. What reason did they give for denying your claim? Might help the rest of us cover our asses if we have to deal with them.[/QUOTE]

Fedex says that being I was the receiver I can't file the claim. They say the shipper has to file the claim. The problem is the shipper, a private guy on the internet was moving and this rearend was the last of the stuff he had. By the time I realized there was a problem, about a week and a half, the guy I bought it from had already moved. It is just a lame excuse on fedex's part I faxed them proof that it was payed in full but they still denied my claim. I have talked with other people, some business that were the shippers and they were denied claims. Fedex knows it is more trouble than it's worth for us to try and collect. I contacted both my attorney generals office and the department of transportation for interstate theft but it is small potatoes for them and they won't do anything.

Here's something that is the kicker. When a fedex driver picks up an item it is scanned. Then when it gets to the depot and is unloaded it is scanned. Every time it moves to a different location, truck, plane ,etc it gets scanned. the only time it was scanned was from the driver. The driver recognized what it was and took it for him or herself and it never made it to the depot. I told fedex to think about that and that their driver stole the item. They say they only hire law abiding people and that could never happen. So when I asked them how is it them it was never scanned at the depot and only scanned by the driver. Their reply was that items can fall out of a truck unnoticed when the door is open. Then I reply look at the freight bill, 50" long, 90lbs just falls out of a truck and doesn't get noticed? seems odd. She replied it does seem odd, but that is were it ended. No money no rear end.

Chuck

-
Back