The thrill is gone?

-
I had a 2011 Camaro SS with the 6.2 and a six speed stick. It was a fun car, but the visibility is horrible and it's roof line was so low that I often hit my head getting in. It wasn't as fast as I thought it would be, but it was decent. I traded it in on a 2013 Mustang GT convertible with the 5.0 Coyote and automatic transmission (wife can't drive manual), which was also a lot of fun to drive and might have been a little bit faster than the Camaro. Sold it due to some financial reasons and I do regret that, almost as much as I regret selling my 1970 Dart.

I had a 2011 Camaro SS with the 6.2 and a six speed stick. It was a fun car, but the visibility is horrible and it's roof line was so low that I often hit my head getting in. It wasn't as fast as I thought it would be, but it was decent. I traded it in on a 2013 Mustang GT convertible with the 5.0 Coyote and automatic transmission (wife can't drive manual), which was also a lot of fun to drive and might have been a little bit faster than the Camaro. Sold it due to some financial reasons and I do regret that, almost as much as I regret selling my 1970 Dart.
My best friend had a 2010 Camaro... Agreed on all your "bullet points". Great drivetrain though!!

i confess i too am looking at modern muscle. A used Mustang GT 5.0 litre is an awesome car for very little cash.

The bug is still alive. This is my latest to the stable. I have plenty of dump, landscaping and other duties that is just too hard from a pickup and trailer bed. So I bought this cute worker. 1980 F350 small dump. A diesel mechanic a few years back replaced the inline 6cyl with a 83/84 International 6.9l diesel. The guy I bought did the cab restoration. I finished with clutch and exhaust work. It's completed 2 towing jobs and one brush dump in its first week of duties.

I'm really liking this guy now that it's working it's way to the "Circle of Trust"

01313_hBo6KyprDFe_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

01010_aEWaJW2QgMw_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00I0I_6K3lyeLnxYX_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_d5E0d1zJyie_0t20t2_1200x900.jpg

The bug is still alive. This is my latest to the stable. I have plenty of dump, landscaping and other duties that is just too hard from a pickup and trailer bed. So I bought this cute worker. 1980 F350 small dump. A diesel mechanic a few years back replaced the inline 6cyl with a 83/84 International 6.9l diesel. The guy I bought did the cab restoration. I finished with clutch and exhaust work. It's completed 2 towing jobs and one brush dump in its first week of duties.

I'm really liking this guy now that it's working it's way to the "Circle of Trust"

View attachment 1716265637

View attachment 1716265638

View attachment 1716265639

View attachment 1716265640
But I was also accused of collecting big boy toys to replace the Hot Wheels and Tonka toys I longed for as a child? Umm. Nah, she don't know what's she is talking about! Lol.

Put me down as another older guy who's passion is waning. I still get up every morning and read the threads here but can't bring myself to work on my car every day. I'm in the middle of a project that should have taken two months, but it is now coming up on six. I want to get it done and drive the car before it starts getting too hot out to enjoy. I had a minor set back and had to walk away from it for a month, but thanks to friends and family, I'm getting back on it today.

1719051449691.jpeg

I don't have any youngsters to pass my knowledge onto, but I do have an older friend who likes to "help" and I do find it fun to educate him on how the various systems work, and why we are doing something a certain way. The best feeling is getting something accomplished and then sitting back and celebrating with a couple of beers and some good tunes.

Also, as others have noted, my priorities have changed as I get older. I spend WAY more time now on prayer and trying to live a more Christian life. I have my car friends and my church friends. Some of them are in the same group. These are the guys I tend to spend the most time with. Here we are working on a buddy's dream Camaro. It's fun installing expensive parts that someone else paid for!

1719051535134.jpeg

Alot of the problem for me is what cars and trucks have become. I'd so much rather work on my 70s and 80s stuff, I have a '21 f150 that came into work on the hook, won't run. My scanner won't read it. The shop's won't either. I don't have $1k to update mine. I shouldn't have to for them. Damn POS won't come out of park either. If it was running it would put itself in park by itself as soon as I crack the door open to spot it on the lift. I despise such "features". I can still work on my /6s and 318s with the same timing light, vacuum gauge distributor wrench, and screwdriver I was using in the 80s .. no update needed. The EPA, Ralph nader types have taken all the fun out of wrenching. I'm 56 and have gotten by just fine without all their "dumbing down", you don't have to put it in park, or repeatedly turn the automatic headlights on repeatedly after I turn them to "off" over and over again, your truck will do it for you. Being able to shift my own gears isn't even a faint option any more, no more dash vents, no more wing windows, 26 function turn signal switches, and 37 functions on 4 buttons on the steering wheel//I'd rather have the dimmer on the floor, the wiper switch on the dash, where if I reach a certain direction I'm only going to be able to reach a switch that does one thing

And the tow truck driver disconnected the trans linkage on that 21 f150 because it wouldn't come out of park even with the key, so he could load the thing. and when he went to tilt the rollback, the freaking POS put itself back in park with the front wheels still 2 feet from being off the tow truck. I had to jack up the rear end with a floor jack to push it in a stall like a car I don't have keys for .. I reconnected the cable at the trans and again it won't come out of park...
I've known this tow truck guy for 30+ years, he's been towing long before that and has never seen anything like it. And yes the battery is fully charged and tests good ..

-
Back