Thing I hate most about my/all A-bodies

-

1969dodgedartgt

Reaction score
curious to see what you guys have to say on this...

you can be serious or not. Im more interested in serious ones.

examples.
My A-body has bad habit of running away from other cars.
Leaves rubber all over your town.
340's are so popular, you cant find one any more.

i dont know, what you do you say?

heres mine...

Its a bit#h to work behind my darts dash. (thinking instrument panel in particular)

People saying-Thats not the original air cleaner wing nut,and only 70and up had 440's

Geez if you would have started this thread a little over a year ago I would have had a laundry list. Being a GM convert there were so many little things that Id never dealt with before like with my 66 Barracuda. The truth is that I truly believe thats what has turned me into a Mopar freak though. All the cussing, bloody knuckles, and head scratching have made the feeling of accomplishment even greater. There is 1 thing that I guess I can still complain about A-bodies (and Early-A's in particular) and that is.................
AVAILABILITY OF PARTS, especially here (we have a GM and Ford plant so this is by no means Mopar Alley)

I can't find a 440 hemi to stick in my scamp, I know they made them, because the guy I work with swears he had a car like mine and his had the 440 hemi.

I hate that guy at the gas station that keeps telling me nice nova :thebirdm:< right there pal.

I hate the fact that seats didn't recline back then so it's not very comfortable to drive for long periods of time.

I hate how it takes forever to fill up a stock tank, were pumps slower back in the day? It always just runs out then $10 later it runs out the tube again WTF!!!

I truly HATE the small bolt pattern
They should ALL have came with a stronger rear end,regardless of the powerplant

Wish parts were easier to find.

seats in duster not reclining or back far enough
little *** mirrors
cant see **** out back glass

Im just waiting to back into something lol

seats in duster not reclining or back far enough
little *** mirrors
cant see **** out back glass

Im just waiting to back into something lol

I hate how Chrysler has crammed in certain components under the hood with no room to spare.

Every time I get in my 1972 demon I smack the rearview mirror with the side of my head.... every freakin' time even when i try not to. Moves it about 2.5 inches to the passenger side.

I would hate to sell my rusty 340 duster
to buy 3 mint 67 camaros.

Lack of 66 cuda body parts,lack of money for said lack of unable to get body parts,constant question is that a 318,440,383 ect. See there's an info board in front read it.

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 1,894
I hate the small bolt pattern, I hate the fact that they built a series of "performance cars" ( 64,65,66,67,68,69 barracuda's) that you cant squeeze headers into gracefully...I hate the fact that a friend of mine can rebuild three Camaro's for the same cost as my ONE 66 Cuda AND when he is done they are worth more on the market!! Camaro's are like Mustangs both are like belly buttons!! but they somehow draw more resale that their much rare-er ( and faster) plymouth or dodge counterpart....piss off!!!

The fact that GM guys can tell by looking at the engine that it's NOT a 408 stroker.ha, ha.

I hate that all the ladies at car shows tell me the car is just "pure sexy". yeah right.

I hate the fact that it does not have a hemi under the hood, yet.

I hate the small bolt pattern.
I hate how I cannot find the 'CUSTOM' emblem for a 70 Dart Custom anywhere.
I hate how I absolutely cannot find the green on green upholstry pattern for a 70 Dart Custom anywhere.
I hate how hard it is to find 65 Valiant parts, (almost as hard as trying to find Sweptline parts).
I hate how the small block distributor is so close to the firewall that you have to cut a wrench in half just to loosen the bolt back there to adjust.

I hate my squeeky steering column. Every time I turn....SQUEEEEEEEEK!

small bolt pattern.

Weak door striker post, accented by weak hinges.

Chincy feel of trunk lids.

Bad ammeters in dash that cause electrical gremlins

Rear wheel openings: why not mini-tub it from the factory?

/6's bullet proof longevity, but strapped with awful compression, terrible flowing cylinder head, and exhaust manifold cracking.

Torsion bar crossmember rust tendency.

Small block headers designs.

Gas tank / spare tire brouhaha.

Super senstive seat belt mechanism.

wiper pivot seals

sealed wiper cowl

-
Back