Thing I hate most about my/all A-bodies

-
Sorry, a little grumpy this morning, the coffee hasn't kicked in yet. Someone needs to start a "what do you love" thread.

i realy hate when people ask me if thats a bigblock 318 when i have the hood on the roof of the car at carshows, they usuly round it of with "it says 318 on the aircleaner and i have never heard a 318 in my life that sounds so mean so it must be a bigblock"
in reality its a 340 wich i dont tell everyone, its just that 318bigblock stuff i hate to hear..

Rust, torsion bars, leaf spring location, rust, plastic covered timing gear, rust, SBP wheels... oh, and rust.

I hate the small bolt pattern.
I hate how I cannot find the 'CUSTOM' emblem for a 70 Dart Custom anywhere.
I hate how I absolutely cannot find the green on green upholstry pattern for a 70 Dart Custom anywhere.
I hate how hard it is to find 65 Valiant parts, (almost as hard as trying to find Sweptline parts).
I hate how the small block distributor is so close to the firewall that you have to cut a wrench in half just to loosen the bolt back there to adjust.
On the interior, me and all the '70-'71 GT guys feel you bad. Along with the emblems for our cars. We share an interior pattern, but you cant find a Custom or GT hardly anywhere.

I hate the rust, sbp, how every damn set of seats for an A-body pops up and there is NO TRACKS!! how people look at me like im retarted when I say I have a '70 GT.

Year specific parts

The fact that B,C,E are more popular thus more parts available at a lower price.

When it comes to mods we are in pretty virgin territory I.e hemi swaps for the a body.

Feeling doomed to never get her on the road again.

I hate when your pullin up to a light and people are lookin at the clean little dart and then the little 9 " drums squeel like a damm city bus!!!!! ONLY WHEN PEOPLE ARE LOOKIN!!!!!

availability and price of parts.

I don't like the fact that i can walk into any parts store just about and find any part for a chevy 350 or ford 302 hanging on the wall but they never carry anything mopar.

I guess I'm lucky. So far, everything I didn't like about my car, I was able to change to something I did like. Being able to register it without taking out a mortgage would be nice though....Anyone check their DMV fees this year as compared to last year? I forget.....why do we need to register our cars every year? Did they forget who owns it?

I guess I'm lucky. So far, everything I didn't like about my car, I was able to change to something I did like. Being able to register it without taking out a mortgage would be nice though....Anyone check their DMV fees this year as compared to last year? I forget.....why do we need to register our cars every year? Did they forget who owns it?

:)
yeah cost me a small fortune

I want have a cathartic bit#* about my leaking rear window

electrical problems all the time. the fact that I have to spend days in junk yards trying to find parts because it always breaks at the worst times, (when its on the rack and can't get it off till I get the parts (wheel hubs).

stupid 4'' bolt pattern can't have anything but the same wheels

the fact that I got ripped off by a guy named keith pope and spent 20k fixing my car and stuff still breaks.

I could go for days but I guess it's what I get for driving a 67 cuda every day for almost 3 years. still can't figure out how i spend 20 grand and still have manual steering drum manual brakes and a 7 1/4 rear, but a crate 360 and 727 tranny. oh well I guess I'll just try to enjoy the car and forget about it I heard the feds got that guy for parting out some chargers and challengers when he was supposed to be fixing them though.

Fender tags not riveted on from the factory......... then the missing fender tag problem wouldn't occur. Different k-frames for different size engines. Mopars so dam expensive yet can't sell for much!

Patience....When I finish my Dart I will have 7k in it. This includes fresh paint, newer chrome bumpers, a 92 360 Magnum rebuilt with a cam, air gap, 750 holley with a new proform carb body, new headers and muffler, 3.91 sure grip 742 case. BFG T/A radials all the way around, new rotors, drums, reman calipers. shoes, wheel cylinders, a 904 trans, 3500 tci converter, wires, mp dizzy..... and the list goes on. It is true that I did 95 percent of the work myself and that the Dart had the HD front end with the kelsey hayes and the sway bar from the factory. The interior is all original except for recoverd front seat and is still in excellent condition. I waited 2 years to find a rust free car and had to go to Nevada to get it. I have spent the last year and a half scrounging parts here, craigslist, ebay, moparts...I am confident that anyone can put together the same package for less money if your are willing to wait and search for the best deal. 340's are great but for me the best bang for the buck is a 360 magnum.

Small bolt pattern

Weak drum brakes

Rainwater leaks in multiple places

Fuel spewing out of filler neck

Rust

Hard to find parts

Hard to find a shop that knows/likes Mopars

Few people appreciate what great cars they are

After being in an accident, feels less solid.:-(

Stuff that bugged me about my car that I have since remedied:

Factory C pillars had some of the worst factory body work I've ever seen.
Bulkhead connector that made poor connection and would cause my car to just stop running at random times.
Can't buy headers that fit unless you spend a small fortune.
Shoulder harness that clips above the window is totally useless.

-
Back