Thing I hate most about my/all A-bodies

-
The location of the windsield wiper switch is absolutely stupid.
Small bolt pattern and small 7/16" studs on performance cars? Stupid.
9" drum brakes
L.H. thread lug nuts
Cheap upholstery that doesn't last
Rust, rust, rust
No paint under vinyl roofs and bondo in the seams under them
And finally,
They are worth more in parts than whole except 340 and big block cars!
that covers it for me! :cheers:

Put a wire on a rag; shove it down the gas fill tube. Then take a chisel, and open it up, like it used to take leaded.

The dam money for over price parts that you got to have. ONLY MOPAR gets away with it.

I guess what I hate the most is that they are disappearing. It is becomming increasingly more difficult to find solid cars to restore. Although I have one, and it's a goodun....has WAY less rust than some I've seen on here, it's really not the body style I want. I would much rather have a 63-66 Dart or Valiant. But those cars are tough to find in good shape now. They all are getting that way.

I hate how I nearly hit my head on the vent window frame everytime I get in the car with the window open. 69 Dart

Parts availability
Cost of parts when you can find them
Most aftermarket parts do not fit out of the box
Sheet metal availabilty (I think you can buy an entire '68 Charger now...)
No meaningful support from Mopar (compare to Chevrolet or Ford), I think I can add fuel injection to my 440 for about the cost of a fuel injected crate motor from Chevrolet.
Almost all trim, lights, and bezels are one year only
Small bolt pattern (changed)
9" drums (changed)
Can not interchange small block / big block transmissions, mounts etc.
Anmeter (removed)

I think most of these - and others I can think of have already been covered.

Let's see... things I hate:

#1 by far - "Nice Nova" at the drivethru

Cardboard door panels
Plastics that disintegrate when I look at them funny
Prices going up up up
K-member and rear steer
Bulkhead connector meltdowns
Wiper arm shafts leaking and rusting out the floorpans

I've heard a lot of people say the "Nova" comment alot. But the other one I've heard quite a bit is someone seeing it and saying "WOW, you don't see those around anymore. What year of Charger is that?". Yea, it's better than it being called a "Nova" but it still irks me. I've had one guy argue with me telling me that my car was a Charger and not a Dart. He said he had one just like it when he was younger. I just had to laugh because the car says "Dart on it in several differnt places.

Biggest thing I hate about mine is the fact that even with new windshield seal and new wiper pivet seals it still leaks, I've tried everything I can think of to keep from having a floor full of water when I wash it.

I found an original Mopar TSB. Going from memory here, I think it said to "Move vehicle to Arizona. Problem solved."

shes so fun to drive she encourages me to drive a bit reckless and fast

(how long can I hold off on that first ticket?)

Wet socks and shoes when it rains...

The sight of gas spraying out the cap at $3.50 a gallon every time you make a hard right...

7 1/4 rear ends...

All my friends calling my car the "General Lee"...

is there any thing you guys like about your cars ?? or were they given to all of you ???? every tom dick and harry has a crapmaro,or mustang,,,dont get me wrong i love most all year mustangs,,i just wanna be different,,,

if you would of started collecting parts and parts cars 30 years ago you would all have a shed full of junk,,:-({|=,

the pass seat belt gets all my passengers right in the *** everytime they get in lol

I hate that people don't believe me that the "Scamp" decals are factory original and tell me that I'm lying because Dodge never made a Scamp.

I then have to calmly explain to them that it's a Plymouth Valiant Scamp which was Plymouth's version so to speak of the Dodge Dart Swinger.

....and then, they still don't believe me.

The distributor thing with small blocks. Some other minor stuff. But for me, here is the biggie.......

The fact that it is possible to get the right car, and have to replace everything mechanical, everything.......

Keep in mind my favorite mopar is a 73 Duster. Imagine one with drum brakes, P/S, SBP, 7.25 with a /6. Had one.

It is odd that you would have replace everything. I am not used to that with my other automotive pursuits.

Even Jeeps, the worst models, still have some things that you can reuse when you are building it up.

Don't get me wrong however. I do love my cars and they are unique. I drove Mustangs for a long time and they were nice. But I lived in a college town and I swear there were more classic Mustangs there than any other old car.

I had a pal with a 340 Demon or something similar, he just drove it daily and beat on it. Unfortunately, I had not become enlightened by the Mopar bug yet. So I turned my buddy onto 5-6 pretty rare Mopars because I didn't "need them".

MOPARS rule. Let's be positive here!

ROB

Defiantly the Dodge Duster Thing bugs me, even asked if thats a SuperBee Once lol, But the Best was "what do you have in there, about a 350?" D

ok, guess i'll chime in, what i hate is when some clown comes up my driveway when i'm working on the car and proceeds to tell me all the fine mopars he's had, and proceeds to tell me of models that 426 hemi never came in, right off you know he's full of s---, so i just smile and say uh-huh......he's had every mopar muscle car u can think of.....including some they never made........i wonder why i always see him walking a dog..instead of driving some brutal machine.....

my car doesn't have any trim (chrome strips/badges) on it any more.......everytime the guy says "nice barracuda" and i have to tell him it's a valiant signet........he replies "a what??"...........heh
higgs

-
Back