This guy is totally SCREWED, and well he should be......

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
guy came off a ramp, ran a stop sign, hit two cars, and ran over and killed a woman. HE KNEW his brakes had a problem FOR TWO WEEKS!!

Court documents allege driver of van that struck, killed woman in downtown Spokane knew brakes didn’t work properly

"
Michael J. Lucey, the 62-year-old driver of a van that struck and killed a woman in downtown Spokane Monday morning, apparently knew his vehicle’s brakes didn’t work properly, he told officers at the scene.

In recently released court documents, Lucey told responding Spokane police officers that he knew of the issue “for about two weeks,” and that he recently had to add brake fluid to the reservoir but continued to drive the vehicle.
Police arrested Lucey Monday for vehicular homicide.

Officers talked to multiple witnesses, who all said Lucey’s 1996 Ford van failed to stop while exiting the Interstate 90 westbound off-ramp at Third Avenue and Division Street. It slammed into two vehicles parked at the red light: a 2015 Hyundai sedan and a 2013 blue Ford Escape.

Lucey tried to go in-between the two vehicles, witnesses told officers, but crashed into the left-side bumper of the Hyundai, before hitting and dragging a woman in her mid- to-late 50s who was crossing the street under his van. Witnesses said they observed Lucey get out of his van and attempt to flee the scene, before he was detained.

One witness told police that when he checked on the woman, she initially had a pulse. He told officers people tried to lift the van to get her out but were unsuccessful. She was pronounced dead at the scene. "

throwing the book at him is not enough . to operate a vehicle with bad brakes is one thing , to drive a vehicle at freeway speeds with a brake issue is just criminal . but people will do stupid stuff everyday in dangering other peoples lives , so this one was not an accident . it was a death just waiting to happen . and i guess the horn did not work either to warn everyone in his path . and why didn't he crash himself into something to save others from his stupidity . guessing there was no guard rail for him to slow him down . vehicular homicide really , it more like a murder . can i get on the jury ?

Car in my yard right now,customer wants rich running issue fixed, but not the brakes. Workorder gonna say "unsafe, do not drive"i need to hoist it, may inspect it and perhaps ground it. Funny thing is,up here a shop cannot prevent owner from driving vehicle off the lot.

I dont care how bad a vehicle runs, it needs to steer and stop. Well.

Sun cabinet 7.jpg

The guy who did this is some sort of homeless guy which means "no money no property." I'm sure he did not "mean this" to happen.

The guy who did this is some sort of homeless guy which means "no money no property." I'm sure he did not "mean this" to happen.

from the story: "According to previous news stories, Lucey worked at the Guardians Foundation Inc. – a Spokane- and Idaho-based nonprofit that helps homeless veterans find temporary and permanent housing. He declined a request for an interview Tuesday morning.

At court Tuesday, Lucey’s public defender requested at-home monitoring in lieu of jail, saying that her client had a very limited criminal history. Lucey said that he had dogs at home he needed to look after."

sounds like he had a home after all
BUT the point is, even when you do not intend to inflict harm, actions do have consequences

well homeless no more , and clothes and meals for life now on us tax payers , nice . i don't care if he meant to kill this person , he did it with neglect of safe vehicle operations . guess you would say he has poor judgement too . at least his breeding days are over . there are plenty of stupid people breeding now . and oh yes , did he even apply the e brake ? i think , no very much , and thats what it for , right , down shift to first hit the e brake , right . this guy told me , i thought is was going to stop .
69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP DRIVER SIDE.jpg
69 ROAD RUNNER HARD TOP SMASHED GRILL.jpg

Reminds me of an accident that happened near Bremerton, Washington, back in the late 90s. Not a mechanical issue, but a medical one. Girl I knew took her boyfriend's Jeep without his permission, even though she did not have a license, was epileptic, and was not properly taking her meds. The inevitable happened, and she had a seizure while driving and blacked out. She plowed into a group of people looking at Christmas lights outside a house. Ended up killing a very well known and respected foster mother. You can't fix stupid.

from the story: "According to previous news stories, Lucey worked at the Guardians Foundation Inc. – a Spokane- and Idaho-based nonprofit that helps homeless veterans find temporary and permanent housing. He declined a request for an interview Tuesday morning.

At court Tuesday, Lucey’s public defender requested at-home monitoring in lieu of jail, saying that her client had a very limited criminal history. Lucey said that he had dogs at home he needed to look after."

sounds like he had a home after all
BUT the point is, even when you do not intend to inflict harm, actions do have consequences

The pound can look after the dogs. What a transparent and bullshit failed logic whiney little punk who cares only for himself.

That would suck to have some roadside issue with a car, limp it to the parts store but due to mechanical failure ya end up causing a death on the way...then get 25 to life.

2 weeks is different just as are people.
Idk, I say a lot of old people hit the gas instead of the brake and wipe out buildings, people, and themselves...a lot.

Too many people on this rock anyhow.lol

That would suck to have some roadside issue with a car, limp it to the parts store but due to mechanical failure ya end up causing a death on the way...then get 25 to life.

2 weeks is different just as are people.
Idk, I say a lot of old people hit the gas instead of the brake and wipe out buildings, people, and themselves...a lot.

Too many people on this rock anyhow.lol
uhh.. there are limits to when you should "limp it to the parts store" and when you should call a tow truck.. knowing those limits will keep you from killing someone and doing 25 to life. uhh.. yep, that happens to old people who are typically a bit infirm and shouldn't be driving, it's a problem that has no easy answer - what does that have to do with this? uhh.. "too many people" - sooooo it's ok that someone died here - it just thinned the herd some more? you know the old "what if" game - yea, as in what if that was someone you cared about? so your answer is: BFD - just one less mouth to feed...?
If that guy had hit and killed someone close to me - he would be better off behind bars.. stupid f**k deserves whatever he gets.

Last edited:
I wont argue the foolishness of the old guy. The degree of punishment for ignorance levied by our society is charged to judge and jury.
"There is no witness so dreadful, no accuser so terrible as the conscience that dwells in the heart of every man." Polybius
The consequence of his foolishness will haunt the rest of his days and nights.
How many of us will live to become old fools?
Everyone say a prayer for everyone.

What is even more frightening than the accident is that people this stupid are allowed to vote!!

The pound can look after the dogs. What a transparent and bullshit failed logic whiney little punk who cares only for himself.

my point was, someone mentioned this person was homeless, but the very article that mentioned he worked for a place that employed the homeless, also mentioned he had dogs AT HOME

i was simply pointing out the inconsistency there

as for the dogs, people died...who cars about the dogs?
but like the song says "As we're sung to sleep by philosophies That save the trees and kill the children"

we've elevated critters to a level above humans

Some are very intolerant here as well as out of touch and not down to earth.
Wait till one of you do the best you can with very lil and have it fall apart and in the process effect others.

My uncle was hit by a car, broke his leg amongst other injury. I didn't wanna kill anyone, I just wished he didn't get hit.

You can't control everything, maybe that's why some of you get so mad.

Btw I'm sure there are some drum brake cars, considered unsafe , have a close call or plow into someone. There threads on here of those very instances. They knew those drum brakes suck....lock'em up dano...lol

what about the woman that was killed . her family is now without her by no fault of theres . so just let stupid ruin their lives now . hope she was not the bread winner in the house or had a pack of children . ya he did not mean to kill her . we can only forget or not his acts , his sins are out of our hands .

what about the woman that was killed . her family is now without her by no fault of theres . so just let stupid ruin their lives now . hope she was not the bread winner in the house or had a pack of children . ya he did not mean to kill her . we can only forget or not his acts , his sins are out of our hands .

If you get too heated...you won't notice I never said don't punish the guy...im just pointing out that it wasn't intentional, so let's not say stupid brainless **** like "I'd kill that mfkr" etc... because it sounds really lame coming from another imperfect human who I'm sure has done his share of really stupid **** that hurt other people in some way.

Some will never know what it's like to really be poor. We used glue our shoe bottoms back on when they off. This guy may have Not had any skill to change a master nor the help bleeding it. I've driven plenty of cars that I had to top off the res from cap leaks and or wheel cylinder leaks....sometimes they just popped and I was pulling the e brake and down shiftting. Some of you are just on a self rightious crusade.
Over n out.

so brainless ha ha , yes i sure everyone has done brainless acts . but how many of us took lives in the stupid process of brainless-ness . no one can for see the future . but you must plan and proceed with caution if you KNOW theres is an issue . and if he was helping vets thats great , but his act was not even up to par here . and why did he not tell someone in charge of the place , that there was an issue with the vehicle brakes and it may not be safe . being he's not a mechanic . and on the self righteous crusade . i for one think its a good thing that people take an interest in issues like this . with this in open air , it just might get people talking and get some charge in the thoughts of how we need to deal with these kinds of acts . i know its not like he strapped a bomb on himself and went into a crowd of people and set it off , killing many . but i just hope those people who saw this happen can forget this senseless act , so how many lives are now charged for ever besides the dead woman's family . well a little story . friend of mines brother got a brand new tricked out hotrod vette . he got in a street race with a bike , the bike he was racing didn't stop in time and t boned a van . yes the biker got killed . he was charge with v/m as this guy . now here where the story charges . he is a high paid vp for a company in california . he got his lawyer to being the charges down to earth , and it cost him some nights n weekends . and a bundle of cash in fines and co-pay , and of course the lawyer was a giant hunk as well . oh ya the judge made him sell his vette . so you see poor people go to jail , and the rich just pay to stay way . so stupid act cost what you got , either money or time .

If you get too heated...you won't notice I never said don't punish the guy...im just pointing out that it wasn't intentional, so let's not say stupid brainless **** like "I'd kill that mfkr" etc... because it sounds really lame coming from another imperfect human who I'm sure has done his share of really stupid **** that hurt other people in some way.
I broke into this house see - and the old guy was home ya see - and when he saw me, he had a heart attack and he died ya know - - - well what the f**k, I was just there to steal his $$ and try to find some drugs - I didn't intend to kill the old guy... SEE?

I scrolled back through this thread - who said to kill the mfkr?

psst - - really stupid **** that hurts other people in some way and unbelievably stupid **** that kills other people are different.

D
uhh.. there are limits to when you should "limp it to the parts store" and when you should call a tow truck.. knowing those limits will keep you from killing someone and doing 25 to life. uhh.. yep, that happens to old people who are typically a bit infirm and shouldn't be driving, it's a problem that has no easy answer - what does that have to do with this? uhh.. "too many people" - sooooo it's ok that someone died here - it just thinned the herd some more? you know the old "what if" game - yea, as in what if that was someone you cared about? so your answer is: BFD - just one less mouth to feed...?
If that guy had hit and killed someone close to me - he would be better off behind bars.. stupid f**k deserves whatever he gets.
Don't blame this on old age. This guy's mental age is 16 years old. Just like a teenage driver, he couldn't deal with an emergency. The idiot should have steered away from people and crashed his own ***.

-
Back