Transmission fluid everywhere

-
Thanks for reminding me. The front front seal went out. Had the shop remove and go through the entire unit. They put fresh seal/gaskets in and replaced the fluid. They said it should be fine, but they also noticed my kickdown linkage was setup funny. I have no idea how to properly setup it up, but I did purchase replacement parts. Somebody on here also told me my linkage at the carb was setup odd. From what I can gather the geometry is wrong. They said the car is fine to drive as long as I don't beat on it out the gate. They said doing so would burn up the transmission mission prematurely. I was to told get the linkage setup properly before I beat it up the trans. I have the Lokar kickdown cable, throttle cable, and bracket in the garage. I also have the Edelbrock to Mopar adapter as well. I am waiting on a proper chrysler to throttle pin as well. I know I don't need all of that to fix the problem. I just ordered it all to see which would be the best option for a proper fix.

This is the setup when the car is off.

20200610_203508.jpg

20200610_203459.jpg

20201009_064113.jpg

Good to hear about the seal.

On the kickdown linkage, get the right throttle lever adapter, move the kickdown rod above the throttle shaft pivot to the proper hole, and it'll work fine. Your current setup is all you need - you just have to hook it up correctly.

Do NOT drive it until you get the kickdown linkage fixed properly. As it is now, it is pulling the linkage. It should be pushing it back. If you drive it, you WILL burn up your newly rebuilt transmission. Yes, it's THAT important. It appears you have all the correct stuff to fix it, just don't drive it until you do.

-
Back