Tunnel ram linkage

-

Fisher

Old Guy with a Cool car.
Reaction score
Is there a kit? or what have you made work for a 383 with a tunnel ram and 2 inline holley carbs. Weiand intake with 10" carb centers

Is there a kit? or what have you made work for a 383 with a tunnel ram and 2 inline holley carbs. Weiand intake with 10" carb centers
Sorry. One very bad photo and 38 years ago....but it is a 383 with the Weiand (I think).

LHeng1_zps08d318c9.jpg

I think not getting a step by step instructions with pictures and arrows is the problem.
Perhaps the B body site has such drawings?
Sorry about the inferior A body crew here.

It's very easy for in line carbs and you can buy the linkage at Baxter's auto parts and waaaayy cheaper than summit. If you have to mount them sideways like two holleys on a small block - then you have a linkage nightmare. I.e. call summit and have your wallet handy.
Sooo, do you want one to one or progressive ? I think I have pictures of both.

It's very easy for in line carbs and you can buy the linkage at Baxter's auto parts and waaaayy cheaper than summit. If you have to mount them sideways like two holleys on a small block - then you have a linkage nightmare. I.e. call summit and have your wallet handy.
Sooo, do you want one to one or progressive ? I think I have pictures of both.

Mine are sideways, but I got my linkage from Barnette Performance off of ebay. Way cheaper than the other linkages and is very good quality. Enderle makes it.

Not what you are needing, but for other guys.

I am going to go one to one. inline, i have a couple ideas. The first issue is that i dont have any intake mounting brackets to attach the throttle cable too. I will need one for the dual plane intake then a taller one for the tunnel ram. I did find a place that sells them.

I thought everybody used lawn mower parts from Tractor Supply.... ;)

A modified factory cable clamp attached to the upper segment stud and an extension rod to pull on the front carb for the angle I wanted. A ball bearing link rod between the two carbs.

vbpgimage.php

Got it worked out thank to all who replied.
I seen this reply and I thought why bother you had it figured out but I'll throw up some pictures here and show you what I did. My carburetors are not Hollys but I don't think it's going to matter much. I would look more at making some brackets to hold your throttle linkage like I did rather than trying to find something to buy. But again not just a recommendation. Actually hold on here in a minute I'll just go take some new pictures it's just too hard to find those pictures I took for the last time someone asked this question.

First with the bracket that I have hooked up to the rear of the carburetor I only have to take off the throttle linkage and the gas line to take both carburetors and everything off by the upper plenum and not have anything out of adjustment when I put it back on. That includes the return springs And the connecting linkage.
It's set up one to one in the picture which is great for drag racing. The last two pictures depict how I can set it up for progressive when I want it to have better street manners. You can see where I'm pointing to the little hole in the front carburetor and the little piece that I'm holding in my hand goes a little closer to the fulcrum point and it actually slides through it. I set both the carburetors at wide open throttle And set the little stop. When I release the throttle and both carburetors go back to idle the rod slide threw that piece just a little bit and allows the front carburetor to have one third throttle before it catches the front carburetor but both end up at full throttle as the front carburetor catches up with the lower fulcrum point setting. And if this doesn't make sense PM me your phone number and I'll call ya.View attachment 20151105_094231.jpg

View attachment 20151105_094305.jpg

View attachment 20151105_094247.jpg

View attachment 20151105_094256.jpg

View attachment 20151105_094353.jpg

View attachment 20151105_094410.jpg

Most of the issues come with the length of the OEM cable. If you are going with a new custom throttle cable lots of possibilities open up.

Well the car was a 6 cyl car. I did buy a Lokar throttle cable will how this all plays out.

Thanks for the pictures.

I'm almost positive that's the original slant 6 throttle cable that I'm using. Actually it works good and gives you extra room.

-
Back