Turbo 383 in a A-body Barracuda

-
Well I finally got the jambs cut in and the inside of the doors. I will hang the doors tomorrow and try to get the front and rear glass installed. Then I will have to set it to the side for a week to tear down the Camaro for a parts list then get back on the mechanicals. Hers a few pics,

Attachments

• DSCN1905.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,071
  • DSCN1906.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,065
  • DSCN1907.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,046
  • DSCN1908.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,061
ARE YOU F¥€$ING KIDDING ME??? YOU PUT IT IN THE CORNER TO WORK ON A BELLY BUTTON F¥€$ING CAMARO? Nobody puts baby in the corner!!!! Lmao

Lookin good man! Can't wait to see it all blue!

ARE YOU F¥€$ING KIDDING ME??? YOU PUT IT IN THE CORNER TO WORK ON A BELLY BUTTON F¥€$ING CAMARO? Nobody puts baby in the corner!!!! Lmao
Lookin good man! Can't wait to see it all blue!

LoL! Yeah, I obligated myself to a family member. Gotta get the Bowtie done. She wants it for the Super Chevy show this year.

Well,
before it gets its blue paint I hope to be testing and tuning.

I wanna drive-I wanna drive-I wanna drive!!! Screw Honda.....:D

A little more done. Waiting on some help to get the dash back in.

Attachments

• DSCN1910.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 1,013
  • DSCN1909.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,007
Is that B5? Or B7?

1968 QQ1 Electric Blue Poly

Way darker than B5 that someone painted the engine bay with. Not sure about B7! Both B5 ann B7 are 69-70 codes right?

Paint store matched it to the bottom side of the decklid beneath the old spare tire direction sheet.

Yes and paint code dont mean **** as far as shade goes either. My B5 on my 72 is different than like a 70 B5. QQ1 and EE1 dont match anything from the later years either.

Yes and paint code dont mean **** as far as shade goes either. My B5 on my 72 is different than like a 70 B5. QQ1 and EE1 dont match anything from the later years either.

I don't know whos Cuda this is but the color looks dead on!

Attachments

• 210.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 981
Well,
A little update.
Got the electronics installed on the fabbed passenger kickpanel and wired up. Fuel pump controller in the same place and run to the back. I am working on the pump and filter mount. Still some bending to do. I wish I had a metal brake and shear! Still working on the fuel lines. The plug wires are assembled but look like a rats nest! Had hell with the #7 wire. Was way to short so I had to run it under the intake. Had to disassemble the Accel 71302E Billetproof dizzy. It was the electronic/vacuum advance version so the board had to be removed since I am using MSD stuff. Just left the magnetic pickup in it. Still gotta figure out how to lock it out.
Last thing before I start it is the fuel regulator. Just sold mine so I gotta find the right one. May just throw the holley regulator on it to get it running without the turbo to hear what she sounds like.

Slow but sure!

Here is a few pics. It is pretty dirty inside right now.

Attachments

• DSCN1919.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 953
  • DSCN1918.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 940
  • DSCN1920.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 940
Your getting close!

Slow but steady! LoL....

I am working on the fuel system and missed one 90* fitting so I am waiting on that. I also found the right Aeromotive 13202 regulator and picking it up tomorrow. Still gotta seperate the engine harness and reroute the alternator wires to the driverside and hook those up. Will have the boost lines run inside the cabin for the Hallman Pro MBC and the Uego hooked up tomorrow. Sending the driveshaft out in a couple of days to be shortened and balanced. Oil filter and fuel filter then add the fluids.

Getting real close to firing this baby up!!!!

Since I decided on the automatic trans my exhaust will need a little tweeking on the passenger side. Really snug with the wider pan!

Attachments

• DSCN1926.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 905
  • DSCN1925.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 906
  • DSCN1924.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 906
Found this old vid of the Cuda when it had the 440 Six Pack setup in it. Can't wait to hear the new combo!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5IFQ3cjyqQ"]68 Six Pack Cuda - YouTube[/ame]

Sorry folks!
No real updates. I have been polishing most of the stainless and installing the weatherstriping. Waiting on fittings for the new Aeromotive 13202. Fuel system is complete except for the fittings for the regulator. Electronics are wired up. Damn front door glass channel runs are STILL on backorder and no eta.

Well its been a while since the last update.
Not alot but ALL the stainless has been polished, still working on the aluminum! Got the roofrails and weatherstrips installed, both front and rear glass installed. Decklid bodywork done, primed, cut in and installed.

Got everything in the engine compartment squared away. Got the rest of the fittings for the new regulator and finished the fuel system.

All boost lines run for the MBC, Wastegate, BOV, BTM, Pump controller and the electrical is done. The -10an fitting for the turbo drain needs to be a 90 instead of the included 45 so got that on the way as we as a steel -10an weld on bung for the fuel pump blockoff plate. O2 sensor for the Uego is installed and run inside. Seems to be more clutter seen now that everything is hooked up? I still need to fab a bracket for the oil feed line for the turbo and get a fan belt, coolant, oil filter, fuel filter and a thermostat. That should put me to the point of firing this thing up.

Also working on the horrible cracked/chipped steering wheel. Column is painted gloss black and the knuckle is rebuilt so the column is ready to install. The ProRachet is installed. I use Threadserts on everything that is added to the car. Nice clean installation and worry free fastening! I used them for the regulator, shifter, intercooler mount install and so on. Still no channel runs for the door glass. Trying to find a a-pillar pod that will hold two gauges. I'm thinking one for a mid 90's Ford pickup will work since the windshiel pillar stands close the mine and has a flat interior panel. Here is a few pics to view,

Attachments

• progress 007.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 821
  • progress 006.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 805
  • progress 005.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 804
  • progress 004.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 837
  • progress 003.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 829
  • progress 002.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 806
  • progress 001.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 820
Almost!
The -10an bung I ordered 2 weeks ago was lost in the mail. Vendor has sent a new one as of yesterday, Still no channel runs. Hours of searching for a pillar pod for my afr and boost gauge yeilded no results.
So, I decided to make one. I had some 2" pvc laying around and a few 4" couplers so I started cutting. The 52mm gauges fit nice and snug so no attaching issues. Cut a chunk of the coupler and used a quart paint can and a torch to get the right curve on the mount. Epoxied the two 2" pieces to the chunk of coupler. Used some evercoat glaze to smooth things out and primed it. Gonna let the primer cure overnight and wetsand it with 600 and shoot it gloss black. Slap a piece of 3M double sided tape on and stick it to the top of the column and wire it up. Funny thing, I was looking for a way to close the rear of the pods, I found a couple of the wifes lotion jars! Uh, she got a little mad when she noticed I swiped them lol! They fit like a glove!! I will post a few pics once it is painted gloss black and installed on the column. Turned out better than I expected. I have the AEM Uego and a Autometer boost gauge. The bezels are totally different. The Uego came with a silver bezel like the black one so I shot them both flat black and the extra bezel from the Uego snapped right onto the Autometer gauge. Whala! Matching bezels! Here is a few pics of it primed,

Attachments

• DSCN1941.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 745
  • DSCN1942.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 740
  • DSCN1943.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 744
Cool Idea looks good too,u got the intereior in?
Thanks, it will look much better when I wetsand and paint it. I just mixed up a couple ounces of primer in a cup and brushed 3 coats on it lol. Too much trouble to dirty my Sata.

The interior will be the very last thing I do to the car. Once the body is complete and refinished and the exterior is detailed then the interior will be addressed.

Looks okay for something thrown together. I even polished the brass! Later I might take it to someone for specs and get a billet one made.
O'yeah, my bung came it too!

Attachments

• DSCN1945.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 718
  • DSCN1946.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 707
Looks okay for something thrown together. I even polished the brass! Later I might take it to someone for specs and get a billet one made.
O'yeah, my bung came it too!

That looks good! How bout you make another one for the kidddd?? :D

That looks good! How bout you make another one for the kidddd?? :D

Lol! My wife would kill me if I wasted another 2 jars of her age defying lotion.:violent1:

If I get it done in billet I will cut you one helluva deal!:thumblef:

I just about got everything in order to fire this puppy up! Got the -10an bung welded to the homemade fuelpump blockoff plate and return line installed. Also got the engine oil primed lastnight and the new ignition switch installed. Still working on the Uego and Boost gauge.
I ran out of funding, I still need to get the driveshaft shortened before I can crank it. Just a few more things!

Anyone got a driveshaft around 45 3/4" center of cups they want to swap for a 4 speed driveshaft??? Give or take a 1/4"

-
Back