Turning up the wick.

-
Always good to see another young gun around here! I don't know how you could like one of those tin-can mufflers on a Honda after you've heard a v-8, but at least some of us know what's up!

I feel that my car will run an 11.99 with whats in my sig. It has trapped in a 1/4 at 110 but with a worse 60' now that I got the 60' times down I think it will do it. So all this wanting to go faster has got me thinking. How much would I notice in the times with a stroker kit (408), larger cam maybe roller to match heads, ported eddy heads to the max, and pump gas friendly compression.

Would tens be possible on pump gas and not spending over 5k? NO NITROUS!

That is almost exactly the same engine combo and MPH that my old 360 was running before I stroked it, only my car is a bit heavier….it ran 12.4 @ 111 mph. After stroking it to 410 cubes, adding a small solid roller, 8” converter, and having Ryan from Shadydell port my Eddy’s to stage 2, the car ran 11.1 @ 120 mph. With some tweaking and a bigger carb, I should be solidly in the 10’s this year…So, yes I do think you could run 10’s with a pump gas stroker, but I don’t think 5k will cover the expenses.

BTW, beautiful car!

Hey flyfish,hows the solid roller working out? I remember when you put it in there were some who thought it might not last due top the oiling issues at idle.

It’s working well….haven’t even needed to adjust the valves since last May (and yes I checked it recently). Just found a fiberglass Hemi hood (used) on Sunday…Need to paint it and fix some minor issues. After I sell some parts from the garage I’m picking up a Victor intake and a 950hp carb…hopefully VERY soon.

10's HERE I COME!!

Flyfish please refresh my memory. Was it comp cam and lifters?

A stock 2009 Viper has gone in the 10s off the showroom floor with a good driver...

I prob would cage it later IF it ran that fast, but not before. The car lives on the street and sees a track maybe 10 times a year. I am not building some purpose built race car just a pump gas street car that is good at what it does.

I can understand your logic. But if you race a car in the 1/4 anywhere and it runs that hard, you'll only be sloing it down or driving home. A cage helps a car go 10s. You can have all the power you want, but in a few years the A pillars show cracks, the windsheild cracks, doors dont close right, and you're wasting a ton of power twisting the car. It's up to you, but there are reasons for having and running a cage. You're obviously pretty young and experience hopefully won't come hard for you.

I hope you have atleast frame connectors in the duster,i run my car very hard at the track ,going as often as i can but its still very streetable,i have a 6-point bar in mine and its good to 10.0's...

Flyfish please refresh my memory. Was it comp cam and lifters?

Yes, just a small comp solid roller (and lifters), 248/254 duration with .576/.582 lift. I was going to get a bigger cam that is better suited to my combo this year, but it looks like it will have to wait till I can get some new rockers...everyone says my rockers can't take anymore spring safely. Currently using comp pro magnums and 939 springs setup at 1.85" (~450lbs open)...That's ok, one thing at a time I suppose.

Thanks for all the advice guys I am really just weighing my options right now while the car is down because of the rearend.

Turbodart: I would prob do the smaller tranny if I didnt already have the new 727 which is supposed to be good to 600hp. If I wasnt surrounded by chevy people and knew I could sell my mopar stuff then I prob would heck the whole small block and tranny would prob be gone so I could just start over.

Stroked 340: The front tires are 26s but cant remember the width. And yes I have the frame tied together with a drive shaft loop as well.

Another question. Would I notice moving the battery to the trunk any in my 60' times? Maybe hike the left front a little more?

Another question. Would I notice moving the battery to the trunk any in my 60' times? Maybe hike the left front a little more?

Yup, there's a good possibility that any substantial amount of weight like a battery moved to the rear will help with weight transfer.

I would just stroke it,port the heads change,cam leave the gears that are in it.You need torque to get you out of the hole.

DSCN1967.jpg

Yup, there's a good possibility that any substantial amount of weight like a battery moved to the rear will help with weight transfer.

I second that.Gets the weight off the front and puts it over the rear axle!

Viperred,moving my battery to the trunk also,before the season starts,and as already stated if you don't want to run more gear then stroke it,my 416 ran consistent 11.0's with only 3.91's.and i'm certain it would have touch the 10's,but i blew the motor just after i installed the 4.30's..only 19 and a ride as nice as that your a lucky man..:-D:-D

Viperred,moving my battery to the trunk also,before the season starts,and as already stated if you don't want to run more gear then stroke it,my 416 ran consistent 11.0's with only 3.91's.and i'm certain it would have touch the 10's,but i blew the motor just after i installed the 4.30's..only 19 and a ride as nice as that your a lucky man..:-D:-D

Thanks man. Sorry to hear about the motor though. Yeah it was a father son project from when I was 14. It took three years and a lot of my hard earned grass cutting money. Dad said you finance and I will help so the red duster was born.

sbmmopar: that is prob what I will do as it will be most economical. btw I am glad to see a mopar in a stang. I know a guy around here putting a ls1 in one.

-
Back