Ummm this can’t be good

-
Sounds cool!
It’s honestly a design that I won a national design award in 7th grade with. Never have had the gumption to actually build it until now. But it will wait until after my dart is finished. But in the meantime; I’m working on the CAD files to make sure it all fits as I upscale it.

Wonder if this is the same fluid drive trans they used in 48?

It’s honestly a design that I won a national design award in 7th grade with. Never have had the gumption to actually build it until now. But it will wait until after my dart is finished. But in the meantime; I’m working on the CAD files to make sure it all fits as I upscale it.
We’re definitely going to have to see this one after it comes to fruition!

Been trying to figure out why none of my stands, including the one that holds a Cummins 6B just fine are struggling with this hemi. The extended bell puts the CG was out in front by nearly 13 inches. where the Cummins, despite weighing more, as its CG dead centered. Less leverage.

So I think I’m gonna make some outriggers for my big stand and see if that helps much

Been trying to figure out why none of my stands, including the one that holds a Cummins 6B just fine are struggling with this hemi. The extended bell puts the CG was out in front by nearly 13 inches. where the Cummins, despite weighing more, as its CG dead centered. Less leverage.

So I think I’m gonna make some outriggers for my big stand and see if that helps much
I had mine on that HF 2000 pound stand for a long time. The red foldable one. I think it would have held two of them.

I had mine on that HF 2000 pound stand for a long time. The red foldable one. I think it would have held two of them.
I’ve got their 1200 lb model guess I need to step up to that one.

Yummy

IMG_0912.jpeg

IMG_0914.jpeg

So I picked up this old 331 Chrysler firepower aka baby hemi.

Started trying to get her on a stand to play with(btw, no off the shelf 1000 pound stands even the H stand seem to be able to handle her weight without tipping nose first, it’s just that long)

But this is what I found when I tried to take the flywheel and pressure plate off… ain’t never had an engine spin like that

PLEASE rotate the phone like this.....

Vertical vid.gif

For all future pictures and video. It looks SO much better to fill the whole screen. Vertical video looks as if we are looking through a partially open doorway. Every computer screen, TV and movie screen is set up with a screen that is wider than it is tall.
Thank you.

I'm no early Hemi expert, but I would think the heads alone would be worth more than that. I mean, wow, if the block and heads are OK, you practically stole that.
I also got a spare set of heads and factory 4 barrel intake in the deal

PLEASE rotate the phone like this.....

View attachment 1716115638

For all future pictures and video. It looks SO much better to fill the whole screen. Vertical video looks as if we are looking through a partially open doorway. Every computer screen, TV and movie screen is set up with a screen that is wider than it is tall.
Thank you.
Lol ok.

According to an older HRM article featuring HotHeads, the 331 head was the best flowing of the early Hemi heads, with a flow curve very similar to a rectangular port big block Chevrolet head. Very impressive for early 1950s technology! I’ll see if I can find a link to the article here.

Last edited:
Kinda curious what those old heads flow
From what I’ve been researching, better than even a max wedge head. Unported, they will support 500 hp, ported can support allegedly 7-800.

-
Back