User Moparofficial not responding..

-
Justin call me I'm looking for a set of ported heads from 3 1/2 years ago .
Have you seen them ?

Word was the last batch was eating either cam gears or oil pump gears and Mopar destroyed the remaining inventory and made the part number obsolete. Watercooler talk from sold old Chrysler guys I overheard as a kid.
I'm not 100% sure that was camshaft related. Long about that same time, they found that high volume oil pumps had a hand in it too. I think Dutra found a bad run of oil pump gears. That's why he recommends either not running an HV pump, or using an older oil pump gear. Your post is the absolute first I've heard of anything wrong with the Mopar cams themselves.

I'm not 100% sure that was camshaft related. Long about that same time, they found that high volume oil pumps had a hand in it too. I think Dutra found a bad run of oil pump gears. That's why he recommends either not running an HV pump, or using an older oil pump gear. Your post is the absolute first I've heard of anything wrong with the Mopar cams themselves.
This was over 20 years ago, but the two gentlemen talking both worked for Chrysler. I believe it was the oil pump gear on the camshaft itself that was machined wrong. I can’t vouch for the accuracy of what they were saying and they have both long since passed away. RIP Bill and Mike.

This was over 20 years ago, but the two gentlemen talking both worked for Chrysler. I believe it was the oil pump gear on the camshaft itself that was machined wrong. I can’t vouch for the accuracy of what they were saying and they have both long since passed away. RIP Bill and Mike.
It's entirely possible. Now that I've thought about it, it does seem like I've read about it before. Ken at Oregon has their version of it which has more lift. That's likely what I'll use if I can ever get the money together. Things are just so expensive now, there's just not room for hobby money.

It's entirely possible. Now that I've thought about it, it does seem like I've read about it before. Ken at Oregon has their version of it which has more lift. That's likely what I'll use if I can ever get the money together. Things are just so expensive now, there's just not room for hobby money.
I remember when it was a cam and lifters to my door for $125!

oh the white box days of PAW and picking a cam at the bottom of the list!
Those were actually some decent cams. Super Stock. I loved PAW. It hung on for a little while specializing in early hemis, but it's all gone now. Do you remember the all aluminum engines they sold? And I mean ALL makes. Even Mopar. I wonder who cast the blocks and heads for them and WHERE they all are now? I knew a guy in Macon years ago who had an all aluminum Olds 455 from PAW. It was pretty cool.

Those were actually some decent cams. Super Stock. I loved PAW. It hung on for a little while specializing in early hemis, but it's all gone now. Do you remember the all aluminum engines they sold? And I mean ALL makes. Even Mopar. I wonder who cast the blocks and heads for them and WHERE they all are now? I knew a guy in Macon years ago who had an all aluminum Olds 455 from PAW. It was pretty cool.
i don't recall the mopar aluminum stuff, but i certainly do remember the ford and chevy stuff. bought a whole boat load of all that.

at the time they *still* didn't have dick for 455 buick save for a few cams, stock rebuild stuff and like two intake manifolds that were precisely one million dollars. i'm kidding, they were probably like $500 but it may well have been a mil on my line cook paycheck.

i bought so, so many cams from there. i was lucky that i could ride my bike (or walk) to the north hollywood store. later when i was working elsewhere i'd swing by the big warehouse in chatsworth all the time. they did pretty good machine work are really reasonable rates too.

all of that is gone now-- where they were is now condos (i think), and a lot of the speed shops and machine shops closed up, or got bulldozed for condos.

i don't recall the mopar aluminum stuff, but i certainly do remember the ford and chevy stuff. bought a whole boat load of all that.

at the time they *still* didn't have dick for 455 buick save for a few cams, stock rebuild stuff and like two intake manifolds that were precisely one million dollars. i'm kidding, they were probably like $500 but it may well have been a mil on my line cook paycheck.

i bought so, so many cams from there. i was lucky that i could ride my bike (or walk) to the north hollywood store. later when i was working elsewhere i'd swing by the big warehouse in chatsworth all the time. they did pretty good machine work are really reasonable rates too.

all of that is gone now-- where they were is now condos (i think), and a lot of the speed shops and machine shops closed up, or got bulldozed for condos.
It's sad, really. It's becoming a hobby for old fogies.

I could be imagining things. That was a long time ago but I THOUGHT they had aluminum Mopar motors too. I was almost positive. @MOPAROFFICIAL I think still has an old PAW catalog. Maybe he will tell me if I'm fulla **** or not. lol

I could be imagining things. That was a long time ago but I THOUGHT they had aluminum Mopar motors too. I was almost positive. @MOPAROFFICIAL I think still has an old PAW catalog. Maybe he will tell me if I'm fulla **** or not. lol
i mean, i could tell ya yer fulla ****. maybe not on this, but... *gestures broadly*

however, i'm fulla **** too and together we can get a second opinion.

i mean, i could tell ya yer fulla ****. maybe not on this, but... *gestures broadly*

however, i'm fulla **** too and together we can get a second opinion.
Either that or collect more ****.

It's sad, really. It's becoming a hobby for old fogies.
we're all turning into a buncha old farts that complain about how much stuff costs and forget how much we didn't have just a few years ago and misremember the rest.

somehow we all turned into those model T dorks we said we'd never become...

we're all turning into a buncha old farts that complain about how much stuff costs and forget how much we didn't have just a few years ago and misremember the rest.

somehow we all turned into those model T dorks we said we'd never become...
I proudly accept that.

Boy I go to bed and you guys sure derail my post about CATS.
shhh. he's sleeping.

eaelcyKl.jpg

Yeah, I'm still a huge fan of the Mopar Purple Shafts. Even though some call them dated, they still slap work.
I have two I hope to use soon. I have a .528 and a 484 or 474 what ever it was I can't remember now

-
Back