Victor340 and RPM manifold testing

-
Every-time I port a non race type of manifold I get kinda pissed at the after porting numbers. M1, LD340, RPM type manifolds, Speedmaster dual plane, old style Torquer intake, etc. they sound so much smoother after porting but the flow numbers don’t respond. Some are so limited in where you can reach to port or the thickness of material. I know the head hurt the Victor real bad at .700 lift and any dual plane will peter out. I expect more but it’s still capable of 500 horsepower with the right cam. But I want you guys to have 575 and up. I’ll post up the numbers and honestly on this style of intake I’m going to recommend just a nice gasket match for now on. You guys can save 300.00 plus shipping and are all capable of doing that job. Now the Victor340, super Victor, Indy, Etc you more than get your money worth. I forgot till talking to the customer tonight that he sent a beautiful Wilson Manifold spacer so I will be bolting the Victor back on but I may remove the head and fix the issue going on with it then retest both manifolds and the spacer.

9D8E9A1E-5B09-4FEB-A9B1-3ADDEBEBA277.jpeg

I hear ya there on the dual plane intakes.

The M1 single did pretty OK for an old unit.
The M1 DP has GOT to be a bear!

Every-time I port a non race type of manifold I get kinda pissed at the after porting numbers. M1, LD340, RPM type manifolds, Speedmaster dual plane, old style Torquer intake, etc. they sound so much smoother after porting but the flow numbers don’t respond. Some are so limited in where you can reach to port or the thickness of material. I know the head hurt the Victor real bad at .700 lift and any dual plane will peter out. I expect more but it’s still capable of 500 horsepower with the right cam. But I want you guys to have 575 and up. I’ll post up the numbers and honestly on this style of intake I’m going to recommend just a nice gasket match for now on. You guys can save 300.00 plus shipping and are all capable of doing that job. Now the Victor340, super Victor, Indy, Etc you more than get your money worth. I forgot till talking to the customer tonight that he sent a beautiful Wilson Manifold spacer so I will be bolting the Victor back on but I may remove the head and fix the issue going on with it then retest both manifolds and the spacer.

View attachment 1716062037
575 and up? Yes please!

damn, that's brutal to do that much work for 3cfm :( Thanks for being honest.. had planned to just gasket match mine. I think dual plane is still the right choice since i am trying to stay honest with myself and make a nice driver that doesn't annoy me too much

Ok guys to finish up this post I wanted to test a very nice Wilson spacer that the customer sent that I forgot to test. But yesterday I quickly tubed the one head bolt on this TrickFlow head and spent 20 minutes on it porting it some. I found the 10 missing cfm and it’s at [email protected] and [email protected] then slightly drops at .700. I know what I have to do next but I have to get moving on a set of Speedmaster heads today. The Wilson spacer was worth I’m going to say 3 cfm in the .400-600 lift range but their main job is to assist fuel distribution not necessarily flow. Kinda out of my budget but I like it and would like to possibly buy one someday. Being I’m dumping more alcohol than the gas guys it would probably be a good test. Here’s a few pictures of it.

6EA55012-BBC5-4C3E-A700-9E5A6D9E9A2A.jpeg

863EF565-9EC3-45A6-8208-5E222EAA3E48.jpeg

8C503A67-CC57-4D35-B498-EA27D39A6B34.jpeg

-
Back