Victoria Got Struck by Lightening!!!

-
Sad to hear, but as long as no one got hurt. Know what I mean? Hopefully the car can be repaired easily.

Hoping for at the worst, just some wiring damage and not too much on the fire damages under the hood. We are hear for you Mike so let us know what you need to get her fixed up and we can get a plan going.

Memike,
Sorry to hear.
Parts are available for the asking here to.
We are here to help.
Please post a list of needed parts too.
John

If I recall,MeMike had already relocated his battery to the trunk.8)I know I have a good 65 Dart/Valiant underhood harness sitting in a box on the shelf.:-DHope it,s not to bad MeMike.:angel9:

Non matter cause the direct batt feed go's to the alternator and starter and switch, who knows...that & the big heavy conductor called the engine might of had something to do with it.
there are better conductors out there..but..

Non matter cause the direct batt feed go's to the alternator and starter and switch, who knows...that & the big heavy conductor called the engine might of had something to do with it.
there are better conductors out there..but..
I was just stating that his battery is in the trunk,but thanks for the tech lesson.:read2:

Regardless, electricity is a mysterious beast uncontained. There are far more than one DOCUMENTED instance of a hiker getting wacked here in the mountains without a cloud in the sky.

It's kinda like I argued on a daily basis with my high school science teacher. He used to say there were conductors and non conductors. I always said "not true". Because it don't matter WHAT it is, if a bolt of lightenin hits it, it's GONNA conduct. He finally relented and said I was right. lol

At any rate Mike, we're all wishin for minimal damage.

How do you fix a biker? Vasectomy? Not getting by my dangleys with scissors. lol

Just got off the phone with memike and it was a weird fluke. The lightning struck a tree, jumped over to his dog run, ran down the chain link fence to Victoria, and jumped over to the passenger front fender. The harness for the electronic ignition is fried as well as the control box and distributor. The fire started when the rubber fuel lines melted and burst into flames. So far the electronic ignition harness, control box, distributor, fuel lines, and fuel pump will get Victoria running. The body damage is confined to what looks like tattoos on the fender and hood and the gunk from the fuel line/fuel fire under the hood. The cable company ran out of spare parts today and it will probably be tomorrow before everything is repaired and back up to speed so we can hear first hand what happened. Mike says he has some gnarly pics to share and they will be posted ASAP. The dog run was empty since Buddy was in the house at the time. Everybody on the hill is OK but pissed because the only entertainment they have is the radio and DVDs they have already seen. All things considered, not a bad position to be in after what happened. :cheers:

In a weird way that's good news. Glad all was safe and Victoria will live to tell the story. She's a sturdy ol' gal and no damn bolt of lightening will get her down. Thanks for the info Grump
Mike
LOL

Thanks for the update David!

Mike, rest assured if any of the cosmetics were damaged, it WILL be fixed at no charge. Victoria is like a rolling PSC billboard and she'll stay that way if I have anything to say about it. :-D

Please don't hesitate to pick up the phone if you need an extra hand down there. I'm aways ---- but never too far for a friend in need.

Good news grumpuscreature. Glad all is well with the dog also. No one was hurt and the car is repairable, so this incident will turn into a story to tell for years to come.

Mike is really ancey and can't wait to get the Internet up to show everyone Victorias scars. I logged on w/my iPhone and read him all u're comments. They made him feel better knowing u guys and gals are thinking of him. As most of u know Victoria is a special gift from some special folks and she is more than a classic car to him. He's really bummed out about this but does realize it can be fixed. Hopefully u will he from him sometime tomorrow. Txs everyone for all u're good wishes

Mike is really ancey and can't wait to get the Internet up to show everyone Victorias scars. I logged on w/my iPhone and read him all u're comments. They made him feel better knowing u guys and gals are thinking of him. As most of u know Victoria is a special gift from some special folks and she is more than a classic car to him. He's really bummed out about this but does realize it can be fixed. Hopefully u will he from him sometime tomorrow. Txs everyone for all u're good wishes

Well if anything is needed let us know! Mike brings so many blessings to FABO that returning the favor is the least we can do as a community

Sounds like the damage was minimal in in regards to it being a lightenin strike. Couldda been way worse. Glad Buddy was in the house and not on the run. French fried Victoria is repairable. French fried Buddy is not. Give Buddy a extra hug for me Mike.

-
Back