Vin tag decode help please

-
When I went to see the 71 Duster, the owner was parting it out. I got there early enough to buy it and most of the interior. Trying to gather parts now.
20190502_163356.jpg

Actually, it has.
But! Hey! Nice ride. I see you parked in front of my house.
LMAO... IF Only....
When I went to see the 71 Duster, the owner was parting it out. I got there early enough to buy it and most of the interior. Trying to gather parts now.
G’s, I’d give ya mine but I’m not sure of there overall condition, but worse yet, your on the far left side, total opposite of where I’m at here in New York.

I just paid a hefty sum in shipping for 2 fenders and a patch panel. It is what it is...

Actually, it has.
But! Hey! Nice ride. I see you parked in front of my house.
LMAO... IF Only....

G’s, I’d give ya mine but I’m not sure of there overall condition, but worse yet, your on the far left side, total opposite of where I’m at here in New York.

I just paid a hefty sum in shipping for 2 fenders and a patch panel. It is what it is...
Thanks! That’s the Dodge residence at Meadowbrook;)

You know I got to spend a couple of weeks in Seneca Falls, Upstate New York probably twenty years ago for technology training for Goulds Pump.
Very Beautiful.
I went for the duster because it is in pretty good shape. Metal wise it needs a tail panel replaced but overall a not bad.
I'm with you on shipping, too far away can be a deal breaker.

No doubt. I paid the super cheap price of $77.50 a panel (2 - RH/LH) and a RH Duster lower rear latch panel @ $70 even. (And I could use a drivers side latch but there out of them.) That’s $225 even. Total to my door was just over $400. Over $175 in shipping. If gas did t go up so high as of recent, and d drive down to Ga., get it myself and make a week long trip visiting family in Ga. I may even still be ahead at today’s fuel prices.
It is what it is...

I can't wait to order the tail panel to see what shipping is.
I have resorted to looking for parts within driving distance if possible. I do agree it is what it is.

When I went to see the 71 Duster, the owner was parting it out. I got there early enough to buy it and most of the interior. Trying to gather parts now.View attachment 1715723748
Nicely equipped. Light group, buckets, console, remote LH mirror and matching RH mirror, A/C, undercoating and hood pad, fender mounted turn signal indicators, drip trough moldings, evaporative emissions, AM radio, and black rear body stripe. That's an early '70 Los Angeles build (Aug 18, 1969)

I've picked up a Twister hood without the scoops and uncut inlet openings and toying with getting a Go Wing for giggles. Undecided if I should because its not a Twister by the numbers.

I've picked up a Twister hood without the scoops and uncut inlet openings and toying with getting a Go Wing for giggles. Undecided if I should because its not a Twister by the numbers.
Your car has nice options and colors as it came new.
Would be wa super nice car that way. Adding all the bling hurts it IMO.

OK, enough of the fun.

As stated the OP's top was factory painted Black TX9

20210415_171246.jpg

Had it had a vinyl top the code would have been V1X, for black vinyl.
Screenshot_20210415-165813_Gallery.jpg

The OP's Duster is a VL29. Low line. Most of those had rubber floor covering instead of carpet.

that's my fight. I can see it the way it was built and I agree the twister option may be too much.
Cudamark,
the Longitudinal black Stripes called out also includes the tailpanel stripes?
I can see faint duel stripes running down the sides but the tailpanel has been worked over and there isn't a trace of a Stripe i can see.

All I have for the V6X is that it's a "rear body sport stripe". You may want to look at a sales brochure for your year and model to see what that entails. Someone here probably knows what all it includes.

Maybe just a side stripe? Here's the fender tag of a butterscotch Twister parts car I used to have. It has a V8X code, which is like a bumble bee stripe IIRC. It was a 318/904 built at the L.A. plant Apr 27th 1971, black interior, Twister package, dual chrome racing mirrors, sport hood, drip trough moldings, evaporative emissions, AM radio, and a sales bank car.

twistertag.jpg

Rumblefish360, I hope I haven't messed up your post with my questions.
Cudamark, thanks, I may get some very light wet and dry and see if I can find a trace of tail stripe.
By the way I've been looking at the different year 70 and 71 side stripes and the one I can faintly see on my 71 looks like the 70 stripe.
Any way they put a 70 stripe on a early 71?

Anything is possible I guess. There were lots of options that didn't stop exactly on a model year.

Are you kidding me? LMAO!!!

This is great. Who’s got a vin tag ready for decoding?!?!

Rumblefish360, I hope I haven't messed up your post with my questions.
Cudamark, thanks, I may get some very light wet and dry and see if I can find a trace of tail stripe.
By the way I've been looking at the different year 70 and 71 side stripes and the one I can faintly see on my 71 looks like the 70 stripe.
Any way they put a 70 stripe on a early 71?

I'll send mine in for you detective's. It's a 1970 Swinger 340. It's EB5 blue. I understand that the E is for 1970, and the B5 is the standard B5 Blue Poly Fire. it's a B7 blue (Jamaican blue) interior. It's also a V88 code, which I think is the bumble bee stripe delete. It's also an H51 factory A/C car with heavy duty cooling. I'll post a picture of the VIN without the last 3 of the VIN. She just turned 51 on April 10th. Paul.

E is 1969, F is 1970, and it keeps going.

starts in 65 with A. Just like the letters on the engine blocks. Will be at the top of the broadcast sheet also. Look for it.

V88 is stripe delete. Not any specific one.

My build sheet says EB5 in the body paint code on my build sheet. The roof paint/style top code is also EB5. My car is definitely a 1970 Swinger 340. I beg to differ, 413. I could be wrong, but I don't think so this time. I'm not trying to be a butthead, and I don't mind being corrected when I screw up, but I'm real sure on this one.

-
Back