Vinny passed away this morning.

-
Sorry to hear about Vinny. It sucks. Dogs are always there for you, always there to listen when you need to talk to someone and work out your issues, and true friends who don't judge you. All they want is a little love and affection, which they give back many times over.

I just had to put down one of my dalmatians this spring. I still miss the heck out of him. I hated having to put him down, but knew I had to do it. He was there to talk to when I had problems to work out and stuck to me like glue. I saved him from getting taken away from the Michigan Humane Society and put down by them three years earlier. At least I saved him and he had three more years left in him. I wish I was able to have him longer, he was such a great dog. He was passed through many neglective homes and at one time was shot. The vet found three pieces of buckshot in his back when I had to get some x-rays for him after being in a car accident. I promised him that nobody would do that again to him as long as I had him. At least his last three years were his best and he was happy. I still regret having to put him down, but the vet told me it was time and I knew deep down he was right. We were both there for each other when we needed it.

At least you didn't have to put Vinny down. He died on his own so you know it was his time to go. It is so tough to loose them. Just think about all of the joy and happiness he brought you while he was here. I know you wouldn't trade that for the world. It's better to have had him and miss him, than not to have had him at all.

Sorry to hear about the loss of Vinny. Our pets are like our children. My condolences to your family.

Thanks for your thoughts. Our dogs are just like our children. I tell everyone all the time I have a house full of boys which always includes the dogs.

Sorry to hear about Vinny. It sucks. Dogs are always there for you, always there to listen when you need to talk to someone and work out your issues, and true friends who don't judge you. All they want is a little love and affection, which they give back many times over.

I just had to put down one of my dalmatians this spring. I still miss the heck out of him. I hated having to put him down, but knew I had to do it. He was there to talk to when I had problems to work out and stuck to me like glue. I saved him from getting taken away from the Michigan Humane Society and put down by them three years earlier. At least I saved him and he had three more years left in him. I wish I was able to have him longer, he was such a great dog. He was passed through many neglective homes and at one time was shot. The vet found three pieces of buckshot in his back when I had to get some x-rays for him after being in a car accident. I promised him that nobody would do that again to him as long as I had him. At least his last three years were his best and he was happy. I still regret having to put him down, but the vet told me it was time and I knew deep down he was right. We were both there for each other when we needed it.

At least you didn't have to put Vinny down. He died on his own so you know it was his time to go. It is so tough to loose them. Just think about all of the joy and happiness he brought you while he was here. I know you wouldn't trade that for the world. It's better to have had him and miss him, than not to have had him at all.

Thanks for your thoughts and sorry for your loss. You did an excellent things by rescuing the dog. What a great person who are. We did the same thing with our beagle, Lex. Dogs are our best friends and they are always there to comfort us when we need it. They know when things are wrong and they try to make us happy.

I forgot all about this painting I had started many years ago and didn't finish it. Guess I will have to get back to working on it.

Attachments

• painting 2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 94
  • painting 1.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 126
I am sorry about Vinny. Although all we have are cats and a bunny now, we used to raise mini pins years ago. Animals get to be a part of the family. My 13 year old cat Stubby is layin on the couch next to me. He always has to be close by "his hyoo-mahn" all the time. I know I am gonna be tore up when he goes. My heart goes out to you.

Very nice painting btw.

John, I know you may not see this, but hopefully ABB does and can convey the message to you. Please accept my condolensces on the loss of Vinny. I always enjoyed reading "his" comments on the goings on around your place, and I could tell he was a great friend and companion. Lex will need, and I'm sure get, extra love and attention, and it will help all of you in your moments of grief.

Take care,
Grant

The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son and daughter that he had reared with loving care may become ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him when he may need it most. Man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees and do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our head. The only absolutely unselfish friend a man may have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog.

A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and poverty, in health and sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, when the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he can be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of a pauper as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert... he remains.

When riches take wings and reputations fall to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives the master forth an outcast into the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his grave side will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws and his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.

I am deeply sorry to hear of the loss of a loved one......

All dogs do go to Heaven...

I'm so sorry for your loss of vinny. I had to put down my lab a couple of weeks ago and I fully understand how you feel and it leaves a huge hole in your heart which will heal in time but you will never forget him and the love he gave you.

So sad, yet beautiful words. A better eulogy I have never read. The last four lines brought tears to my eyes. Rest in peace, Vinny.

John and ABB,

You don't know me, but I have been following you two for the past 2 years or so. As you can tell I don't post much, but I absolutely love all of your threads. They brighten my day, and help me get through some difficlut times at work. You could say I am a big fan of yours. I'm so sorry to hear about Vinny. I am a dog lover as well and losing a pet is one of the hardest things, especially an animal that has touched your heart over the years. May all these posts help you grieve in this difficult time. Take care.

Dan

Here is the poem I told you about. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• A Dog's Prayer.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 98
Awe... I don't even know you or your dog, seen your threads and such. It always kills me to see someone lose their pet, the very least you loved that dog so much... which is enough, when there's so many pet owners who abuse their animals. Nobody lives forever, sordid reminder of that to live every day to the fullest and spend as much time as you possibly can with those dear to you.

I am sorry about Vinny. Although all we have are cats and a bunny now, we used to raise mini pins years ago. Animals get to be a part of the family. My 13 year old cat Stubby is layin on the couch next to me. He always has to be close by "his hyoo-mahn" all the time. I know I am gonna be tore up when he goes. My heart goes out to you.

Very nice painting btw.

Thanks for writing StrokerScamp.
I haven't been here in a few. I'll let ABB know and tell her to catch up on her reading too!
have a good one man.
John

John, I know you may not see this, but hopefully ABB does and can convey the message to you. Please accept my condolensces on the loss of Vinny. I always enjoyed reading "his" comments on the goings on around your place, and I could tell he was a great friend and companion. Lex will need, and I'm sure get, extra love and attention, and it will help all of you in your moments of grief.

Take care,
Grant

Thanks Grant.
Vinny told me I was supposed to be getting rid of my temper and I should be open to mending fences and helping everyone as much as I can from now on.
I lurk on FABO at times I admit.
Well that was then and this is now.
Thank You for condolance.
Lex is turning into the 4th leg I never had, LOL!!:D
When mommy is at work he is in and out of the house with me all day!
Thanks again Grant.
Friends now?
John.8-)

The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son and daughter that he had reared with loving care may become ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him when he may need it most. Man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees and do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our head. The only absolutely unselfish friend a man may have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog.

A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and poverty, in health and sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, when the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he can be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of a pauper as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert... he remains.

When riches take wings and reputations fall to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens. If fortune drives the master forth an outcast into the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his grave side will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws and his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.

I am deeply sorry to hear of the loss of a loved one......

All dogs do go to Heaven...

Thanks 64X2!
Hope we get to meet sometime!
I'll be at Monster on Sat in the car corral.

I'm so sorry for your loss of vinny. I had to put down my lab a couple of weeks ago and I fully understand how you feel and it leaves a huge hole in your heart which will heal in time but you will never forget him and the love he gave you.

Gosh dusterny, sorry about your loss also.
It is really hard to put a loved one down.
I have done it many times in past years but none hit me like Vin did.

Getting better now.
I'm pretty busy now that the week started. Lex is getting spoiled.
I now see your words carry lots of wisdom.
Have a great day tomorrow dusterny.
John.

John and ABB,

You don't know me, but I have been following you two for the past 2 years or so. As you can tell I don't post much, but I absolutely love all of your threads. They brighten my day, and help me get through some difficlut times at work. You could say I am a big fan of yours. I'm so sorry to hear about Vinny. I am a dog lover as well and losing a pet is one of the hardest things, especially an animal that has touched your heart over the years. May all these posts help you grieve in this difficult time. Take care.

Dan

Wow, Thanks Dan!
I really appreatiate it!
I hope I can help with more fun musings from Lex.
He's out there with me but we both are still a little scattered brained.

The posts at FABO have been the best thing to happen to me and my family in a long time. It has made me reflect some in the last few days and I have gained some real wisdom and lifes lessons from everyone who has posted to us and Vinny.
The posts here, and Vinny have been life changing for me. I am putting forth more effort to help man and animals alike as much as I can when ever possible.

We have friends here that we didn't even know we had!

It is also a mind blower to think about this;
Vinny always was loved by friends and straingers alike. I've had 1 older gentleman on vacation bend down and give him a big kiss, then look up and ask if he bites! LOL!!
Now here is the mind blower;
Just by chance after being layed off for ever, I by chance took a pic of him and Lex and included on 1 of our restore threads. Now Vinny has freinds all over the friggin place, that I never have even met yet. That Vin dude transcendent digital media on the internet and as per his norm made friends from strangers.

It amazes me, and I am so thankful, I can't put into words that really fit.

Thanks again Dan,

and THANK YOU ALL OF FABO members who have posted.
John

Awe... I don't even know you or your dog, seen your threads and such. It always kills me to see someone lose their pet, the very least you loved that dog so much... which is enough, when there's so many pet owners who abuse their animals. Nobody lives forever, sordid reminder of that to live every day to the fullest and spend as much time as you possibly can with those dear to you.

Thank You Asktoro!
This is the exact lesson Vinny wanted me to be sure to learn!!

Nobody lives forever, sordid reminder of that to live every day to the fullest and spend as much time as you possibly can with those dear to you.[/QUOTE]

-
Back