warning!!!

-

mismy69swinger

Reaction score
here is a little something i would like to share with you all. I have looked for a long time for a 1969 dodge dart swinger 340 4 speed. oneday after coming home from work i got on craigslist after 6 years and there it was! not a numbers matching car didnt even have a engine they had put a 727 also but was a 340 4 speed car wearing its from the factory f8 green i took the car apart and had what little metal work done then i wanted it stripped derusted and ecoated well i found this place called "metal finishing services" in jackson ms. i talked to david he said around 4000.00 i said when can you do it? he said we are 4 weeks behind i dont put you on a list until you bring the car. so i bring them the car 2 months go by i call they say we havent started i said well you said 4 weeks he said we are behind anyway after 4 months!! i start to get mad and they start on my car when it was done i went to pick it up. as they loaded it on the trailer and unhook it they dropped this big hook on the roof 2 big dents which i am sure cost me money to get fixed which was the only thing on the car that didnt have a dent! everything was bubble wrapped so you couldnt really see it then when i get it to the body shop the guy unwraps the deck lid that i had bought because the one that was with the car was beat to crap. now they dip strip and ecoated this deck lid the backside looked like swiss cheese!!! did they call me and say hey this deck lid looks like crap oh no not at all so let me ask you all this how professional is this to go ahead and keep working on something that is trash bill them wrap it up and put 2 dents in your roof? here i set car ready to paint right now!!! been looking for a good deck lid for months cant find one and they never even said hey! sorry about the dents in the roof. hear this people dont ever!!!! use this people "metal finishing services" feel free to copy and post this on any site you would like i would hate for this to happen to someone else. :angry1:

:worthles:

really? well shoot let me drive 525 miles where the car is and get you some. my car is at a shop not even in my state but when i get a deck lid and take the rest of the parts there i will make sure i get you pics? whats the reason my word not good?

I didn't say your word isn't good. Haven't you ever heard a picture is worth a 1000 words? How many times when people are working on cars and need help on the forum do you see us ask for pictures?

Trying to read this makes my head hurt. END OF SENTENCE

Sorry to hear this stuff :(

i just dont want anyone to have the problems i had with them im not crying just getting the word out there i talk to someone else and he told me after the fact he didnt have a good thing to say either and was looking for another place to do his next car.

I didn't say your word isn't good. Haven't you ever heard a picture is worth a 1000 words? How many times when people are working on cars and need help on the forum do you see us ask for pictures?

Do to the economy a picture is now only worth 100 words :lol:

i need a 69 deck lid!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh!!!!!!!!!! i could be almost done with it by now!!!! dang im mad!!!](*,)

i need a 69 deck lid!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh!!!!!!!!!! i could be almost done with it by now!!!! dang im mad!!!](*,)
You can always click on Forums,scroll down to Cars and Parts Wanted...click...Start New Thread..Read the rules and type in exactly what your looking for.Good luck

if you have no luck finding one, AAR fiberglass sells them. they have two fiberglass versions, one is for track use & the other is for street cars (mounts the same as stock deck lid)

I can't believe you don't already have pictures of the car and damage. Hell, whenever I would be picking up a project like that from a shop I'd make damn sure to have a camera there just in case something like this happened if for nothing more than insurance....

Hope you can get things worked out....

Do to the economy a picture is now only worth 100 words :lol:
LMAO! The government is going to add more letters to the alphabet so we can use more words to make up the difference!
The light at the end of the tunnel is out because it was switched over to a windmill generator made in china that failed. Parts are on back-order.

lol guess that 'splains it

LMAO! The government is going to add more letters to the alphabet so we can use more words to make up the difference!
The light at the end of the tunnel is out because it was switched over to a windmill generator made in china that failed. Parts are on back-order.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

It seems about half the time people are getting jerked around and boarder line ripped off when getting restoration work done.

Thats why I am doing it all my self. Takes for freaking ever but its done right.

-
Back