Whadaya do for fun?

-
I think everyone that has spoken to me knows. I'ma model railroader, in 1/87th scale and an avid model car builder. being retired, early in age sucks but............. Thats OK, I'll be in the shop anyway (YES, I NEVER sold out!) But... I still play and produce at times....nothing like i used too tho!

I like to help the low income people and elderly with home repairs. Recently roofed a trailer, now I'm doing at heating and air job.

This honestly is the first thing I thought of when I read the thread title, lol.

What we do for fun, actually just find it very relaxing, is let our chickens out of the coop in the afternoons after work to let them free range. We will grab the lawn chairs, set them up, and just spend an hour or so in the back yard watching the chickens, talking about our day.

some may think it's nuts but lived cars all my life mechanic Gear Head and now I teach Automotive at a tech school I guess I'll never get over my sickness.

Might sound crazy but I find detailing vehicles very relaxing..that and drag racing..

I love working on my house and property. It'sa small horse farm so there's always something that needs tweaking or repair. I also like to golf when it's warmer, target shoot (at home), and i love to cook.

Recently I've started riding motor scooters. I have other bikes, but something about riding the scooter is different. It's riding for the sake of being out in the wind. Not trying to look cool, or impress the soccer moms with your loud pipes or flashy chrome. Just you, the wind and the road. Very relaxing.

I play the upright bass in a bluegrass band!!!.....

I started playing with the ol folks here, bass and drum, yes just a drum and brushes :D

Happiness is keeping a cool beat :glasses7:

I talk to other FABO members on the phone lol :glasses7:

Same here SEDANMAN :glasses7: I need to call Small Block and Tony soon, been to long.

Now that I am on my feet again , I enjoy tracking for the fun of doing it, walking the wood and creeks here in Arkansas and Missouri.
Then when I get hungry I know where to find food for the freezer :glasses7:.

I restore electromechanical pinball machines.

I'm almost done building my cocktail Ms.Pacman multi-arcade, for the dedicated basement arcade. The next games will be a pair of skee-ball full length 13' alleys.

I think I'm going to try my hand at bricklaying soon, for the garage, first, though. I need to get my shop out of the basement and set up proper.

I also enjoy antique shopping with Amy.

We found a vintage (photo studio promotion?) photo that has been colored, looking for vintage christmas decorations. Amy was snorting from laughing at it so hard and I couldn't seem to stop laughing, as we went through the rest of the antique mall, so we went back around and picked it up.

ChristmasCenterPiece_zps90bb38ad.jpg

We're going to hang this abomination in our new living room, so all of the relatives can scope it out for the holiday at our place, this year. I've already put it in a gold frame, ala-thrift store.

My brother has had a hand in trying that. He's done some cognac as well. He says its not something you get right, the first several times.

I'd love to do some small batch barrel stuff once I get some of these cars out of the way.

I sold my Transformers collection off on my way to the new house and I've quit collecting old skateboards for the time being, although I'm watching one on ebay right now.

Sometimes I hate having so many interests. At times I will sell stuff and it lines my pockets, and then I'll find a new interest and it will turn them back into vapor.

Priorities! Priorities!

what kind of car are you in......looks like a jeep going on the heater control buttons.

that is an awesome picture ....if you ever want to sell it. LMK

lol...

You certainly know your vehicles.

I'd been searching for a Cherokee 2 door stick for some time and Amy decides to buy me one and hide it in the garage, last Valentine's Day.

She said she just needed an excuse, because the right one came up with manual everything in good shape, so she just hid it until the nearest holiday and told me I was kicked out of the garage.

I took her out for sushi. I still feel like a bonehead, but she insists I'm not, because I built the Scamp for her.

Problems. I'm telling you. Relationships are nothing, but problems.

I also enjoy antique shopping with Treva DaveBonds, treasure hunting :color:

Right! Old stuff is the best!

Old stuff and cartoons! They rule... hehhehehh... they RULE!

Right! Old stuff is the best!

Old stuff and cartoons! They rule... hehhehehh... they RULE!

Just dun this for fun, found it, made an offer and he called and said yes :color:
They say if you see it yea better get it, it may be the last one you see for sale :D
Told yea I was gathering coal :toothy1:

Attachments

• Shop heat 1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 128
Just dun this for fun, found it, made an offer and he called and said yes :color:
They say if you see it yea better get it, it may be the last one you see for sale :D
Told yea I was gathering coal :toothy1:

I would have snatched that up too. I love the old wood burners. Here's mine

Attachments

• 20131215_151525.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 101
For the 7 years prior to last August, I got much enjoyment from repairing gauges and more inst' panel parts for other owners. When it wasn't fun anymore ( for a variety of reasons ), I quit.
The only activity I consider "fun" today is grilling.

For the 7 years prior to last August, I got much enjoyment from repairing gauges and more inst' panel parts for other owners. When it wasn't fun anymore ( for a variety of reasons ), I quit.
The only activity I consider "fun" today is grilling.

Any good juicy chicken grilling ideas?

-
Back