What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Drove it to work today, with a stop along the way at my favorite Monday lunch spot.
Made an adjustment to my shift cable this morning and had to try it out.
Think I finally got it right.

B75AC36B-F388-412A-B8D3-84BAED9D91F3.jpeg

B8057D9E-67A4-490C-BFFF-D4B2306F29EA.jpeg

The big day is tomorrow!!! Camshaft break-in for the newly transplanted 68’ 340 Dart GT. I’ll first clean up the garage and all the tools. Then roll out the Dart and go over my checklist one more time.
86606BAA-4296-44DC-B1DE-4E15BC49A13A.jpeg

Went from this...
20190407_192435.jpg

To this in 90 min...
20190408_075829.jpg

To this by noon ....

20190408_101924.jpg

This thing by 3:30pm, just to be able to move it to my son''s place while the wife and I pack up to move later this Spring.

20190408_152347.jpg

Fired up two cars yesterday, but ice in the storage unit is still winning the battle. Went over and opened the door today for a few hours. Went back home and let the air circulate for about four hours. Felt bad leaving the cars exposed, being away ten miles, but the guy I rent from has all kinds of tools and other goodies laying around with the door open all the time. Plus a retired cop lives right there. And I know the town cops. So I felt ok, still bad, but ok. Started my Polara up when I went back to close it up, and a lot of ice had melted, not enough to take it home, but I'm getting there. I did see a pile of gravel around the corner, maybe it's the load he didn't get last fall?

Old pic, same view.

IMG_20181118_160013.jpg

Picked up my boy from orchestra practice, I kinda like the attention my poor old car draws! Thought since the weather is so nice, I'd dust off the engine bay when I got home.
20190409_163155.jpg

That's beautiful!

Jeff
Thanks Jeff!
Honestly, I work pretty hard keeping it spotless inside and out. Its literally only been washed once in the last 16 years, and that was by the original owner the day before I bought it.

Thanks Jeff!
Honestly, I work pretty hard keeping it spotless inside and out. Its literally only been washed once in the last 16 years, and that was by the original owner the day before I bought it.

I hear ya....and it's difficult for those of us that actually like to drive our cars to keep them that clean!
No water baths for mine either....

Jeff

I hear ya....and it's difficult for those of us that actually like to drive our cars to keep them that clean!
No water baths for mine either....

Jeff
Don't get me wrong, I drive it every chance I get!
I'm just really selective about when (no wet roads) and where (avoid road construction dirt/dust), and NEVER in the rain!

The temps were getting high enough so I took a chance and repainted the a small section of the car. Had a falling angle doing the death dance and some gassing off around one of the wiper shafts. I am a wrench type of a guy, but have to admit painting is getting easier......

IMG_3472.JPG

Decided to get a serious carb, an AED 750HO- Modified double pumper, supposed to flow over 800cfm. Called them on monday, talked to their tech man Jeff, he recommended this one for my setup, so I ordered it from Summit, got it today and on it goes. Now the fine tuning begins! Replaced a 750 Street Demon, already seems more aggressive ootb just messing with it in the garage. Fingers crossed I see et and mph improvements at the strip.

IMG_20190410_190343.jpg

Refreshing the somewhat often neglected 65 Cuda Inside the trunk !!! I have found Many first generation cuda guys never knew these parts existed... (At least here in Arizona) Early this morning had a guy here with his Red 65 Cuda tracing the 2 flat pieces so he could make them for his. As for the trunk latch cover... A mold maker i know is thinking of "maybe" making those... (If I lend him my original one)... But since I had it all apart, I did a repaint since mine were getting scratched up ... Been 25+ years since I last did that...
Not Bad for an "Old Guy"....
20190411_143926.jpg

Refreshing the somewhat often neglected 65 Cuda Inside the trunk !!! I have found Many first generation cuda guys never knew these parts existed... (At least here in Arizona) Early this morning had a guy here with his Red 65 Cuda tracing the 2 flat pieces so he could make them for his. As for the trunk latch cover... A mold maker i know is thinking of "maybe" making those... (If I lend him my original one)... But since I had it all apart, I did a repaint since mine were getting scratched up ... Been 25+ years since I last did that...
Not Bad for an "Old Guy"....
View attachment 1715318076
Man, that is lookin good!!

I did my once a year detailing for my once a year local car show this coming Saturday.

Gave my trunk some love...

image000000.jpg

image000000(2).jpg

And the rest...

image000000(3).jpg

image000000(1).jpg

image000000(4).jpg

All ready for Saturday morning!

Jeff

Man, I like that a lot!! But I'm not sure about those boxes in the trunk that look like speakers. What's the point of those?? LOL!!
Lol...they were there 4 years ago when I bought her!
They actually sound REALLY good ....but I hardly ever play the stereo. ....

Jeff

-
Back