What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Got some new wheels and tires for the rear. 275/60/R15 on 15x8 with 4.75 backspacing. Would have liked around 5.5 with the b body 8.75 but it works for now

View attachment 1715533370

View attachment 1715533371

View attachment 1715533372

I have four of those sitting in my living Room. How do u like them on the street....?

Finally got the ignition in my Dart. Still wouldnt start, WTF? Pulled the gas line to the carb, the lil orifice was plugged up. As soon as I cleaned it out, Engine fired right up and purrs like a Kitten. It better, new plugs, ignition, and wires.... O MY! :)

NOW, off to install those awesome looking Cooper GT Radials!! I went with 215/70 R14s

Last edited:
Driver side glass installed today. I'm getting quicker at doing this. It's actually getting easy.

20200528_192300.jpg

Had a great evening on a cruise set up by one of the local car clubs. We went by a birthday party in the north west corner of the city then cruised through down town ending up at the Western Development Museum!

Cley
20200528_193740.jpg

Painting the inside of my Dart that is going from F4 green to Plum Crazy. If you want a real color clash put F4 next to Plum Crazy (YUUUCK!!!). Sunday is my local Mopars club's (All Around Mopars) second No Contact Cruise - everybody suited up in PPE and 6 feet apart. 170 miles mostly on Rt 101 around the Olympic Peninsula in WA.

Reupholstering. The seat frames are 67 barracuda and the covers are 68 satellite. Legendary said this foam ,68, would work. So far it is good. I have to make a few slots in the upholstery to accommodate the metal pieces that attach to the lower seat frame. Not there yet but needed a break.
96E3C763-293D-4B8B-8D10-414C50A9E4D0.jpeg
97737F86-C23A-4CA6-B7EC-D6ADA990295D.jpeg
B32B98EA-A286-4EC5-AEF2-7AE312E9B751.jpeg
105CE569-76D8-40D6-91ED-2117FABE68D1.jpeg

Painting the inside of my Dart that is going from F4 green to Plum Crazy. If you want a real color clash put F4 next to Plum Crazy (YUUUCK!!!). Sunday is my local Mopars club's (All Around Mopars) second No Contact Cruise - everybody suited up in PPE and 6 feet apart. 170 miles mostly on Rt 101 around the Olympic Peninsula in WA.

Make sure u stop @ Tootsies in Sequim for a Cheeseburger. The Owner is the old Assistant Manager from the Frugals in Port Angeles, whose Owner is a jerk, so I dont patronize his place to much when Im in my home town.

and when u drive by the Albertsons on 101 heading out of Town, (dont take the truck route), wave to my Dad & Mom, (RIP), Walt & Bea, cuz thats where their Old Gas station was back in the day. Pumped a lot of Ethyl from those pumps and have a lot of great memories. @ the Bus Stop there is a picture of them embedded in the pavement...

and FYI, Kalaloch Lodge makes a KILLER Clam Chowder... and the Rain Forest Resort has the BEST Salmon Filet on the Peninsula, imho. Great place to stay too. Just too beautiful

dad's store.jpg

Replaced plugs and wires and fired her up....Sounded like *** all vibrating and popping through carb. Shut down the 340 and went over the firing order.....How the hell does one screw up the order while basically doing one plug at a time. Somehow 5&7 got crossed. Fixed the order and all is good now. Can't wait for a drive this weekend.

gonna finally install a decent oil pressure gauge (glowshift)
i have had cheap covidian oil pressure gauges in this car since i dropped in the V8
i think im on my 3rd one ?
finally found a deal on a glowshift one that marked all the boxes (electric sender, quality manufacturer, 270 degree sweep) so i broke down and bought it

i also really should replace the transmission mount
not looking forward to that, since it looks like the exhaust crossover might complicate thing there

Got the grille painted i like the GT look better than my base style besides it was easier to tape and paint.
20200529_154954.jpg

Thought I was gonna drive my Dart today but my Dart had other plans. Fighting the power steering; finally got the correct pump and pulley locally. Thought it would be good to go... Unfortunately the high pressure line bottoms out before it threads on all the way. I have a feeling it will leak. Then part of the K frame where the motor mount bolts to has some extra material that prevents the pump from adjusting (the line hits it). I'll be taking a carbide bit to it tomorrow.

One day I'll be able to take that new V8 out for a spin!

well, it says 5.9
us Americans would call that a 360

(just poking fun at you of course)

So I'm assuming (and you know what happens when you do that lol) that it wasn't to bad with the crossover ?

no, it wasnt bad at all
tricky to get to the bolts holding it in the transmission because the whole mount was shredded
(one of those will need a helicoil here shortly)

for some reason the passenger side exhaust was a little tighter then the drivers side but once i popped it off there it was easy enough

i installed the mount in the brace and got the furthest passenger side bolt in
then i got my second jack to lift the brace home (i was using my other jack to support the transmission)

in all honesty, it took me almost as long to write all this up as it did me to swap it out

one the new mount was on there was soo much more room, i hadnt noticed how far it has sagged

I managed to fix reverse in my 727...!

20200530_140947.jpg

Obviously the seal on the rear servo was toast...
Had to pull the valve body then remove the rear band strut. ...not bad at all...maybe 3 hours start to finish and transmission is working great!

Gonna give it a bit of a shake down drive this morning. ..

Jeff

Last edited:
Reupholstering. The seat frames are 67 barracuda and the covers are 68 satellite. Legendary said this foam ,68, would work. So far it is good. I have to make a few slots in the upholstery to accommodate the metal pieces that attach to the lower seat frame. Not there yet but needed a break.View attachment 1715537080View attachment 1715537081View attachment 1715537083View attachment 1715537084
That looks great that's an art I gotta learn soon. I cant afford to pay someone to do it that's big money!

-
Back