What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
When toys were real and so was imagination... to think, my youngest is now almost 33 and preggers. Guess I should clean the thing up.. full of blasting sand.. lol

View attachment 1715665822
haven't seen one in 47 years when my 2 year old asked what it was a couple days ago... weird!

as far as the car, I'm waiting on some fuel line fittings. I acquired a stumble when I punch it. Think the 50psi section of fuel line just ahead of the pump is sucking shut at WOT. The fuel pressure gauge drops to 3psi when i open the throttle at idle.

i dont think you are correct there
i had that happen on my duster (the soft line collapsing) but it wouldnt become notable untill the top of 2d, beginning of 3rd, in the 1/4 where the bowls would be dry

remember, the fuel pressure you are seeing is going into the fuel bowls so even if it were to drop to zero, you still need to empty the bowls to run out of fuel

the stumble (in my opinion) would be more likely caused by a bad adjustment or little junk in the carb

ill take $20 on the duck

i dont think you are correct there
i had that happen on my duster (the soft line collapsing) but it wouldnt become notable untill the top of 2d, beginning of 3rd, in the 1/4 where the bowls would be dry

remember, the fuel pressure you are seeing is going into the fuel bowls so even if it were to drop to zero, you still need to empty the bowls to run out of fuel

the stumble (in my opinion) would be more likely caused by a bad adjustment or little junk in the carb

Im with ya! Its acting like crud in the 2ndary needle. First thing I went after, since then I've been through my vacuum return line, accelerator pump, float level, control module ground, ballast resistor, distributor cap and rotor. It runs up like a scalded dog for a few seconds and then flattens out. If i keep my foot in it I can stall it. If i let up I can get it back to running ok and give it another go with the same result. To your point though, I can't imagine that I could be emptying a bowl that quickly. plugs look rich around the base but very lean at the electrode. when I throw in the towel, I'll enter a post in SB...

Last night I did the 7.25 to 8.75 swap. It was really easy, hardest part was working through all the damn undercoating someone sprayed.
2299B9E3-6319-42D5-A291-EB12BBE48DC2.jpeg

Today I’m taking the drive shaft in to get shortened. I was stupid and bought a shaft that I thought was correct (according to the charts available), but it’s 3 inches too short! Luckily I have my old long shaft...haha...so I can shorten that guy to the correct length for my car. Cheers everyone!

Im with ya! Its acting like crud in the 2ndary needle. First thing I went after, since then I've been through my vacuum return line, accelerator pump, float level, control module ground, ballast resistor, distributor cap and rotor. It runs up like a scalded dog for a few seconds and then flattens out. If i keep my foot in it I can stall it. If i let up I can get it back to running ok and give it another go with the same result. To your point though, I can't imagine that I could be emptying a bowl that quickly. plugs look rich around the base but very lean at the electrode. when I throw in the towel, I'll enter a post in SB...

Process of elimination...sounds like you got a handle on it (providing the engine doesn't move under WOT and creates an electrical problem)

Have you tried setting the floats higher, to see if that changes anything?
Last night I did the 7.25 to 8.75 swap. It was really easy, hardest part was working through all the damn undercoating someone sprayed.View attachment 1715666170

Today I’m taking the drive shaft in to get shortened. I was stupid and bought a shaft that I thought was correct (according to the charts available), but it’s 3 inches too short! Luckily I have my old long shaft...haha...so I can shorten that guy to the correct length for my car. Cheers everyone!

Is that a SBP 8 3/4?

Looks like its got the special drums on it

Process of elimination...sounds like you got a handle on it (providing the engine doesn't move under WOT and creates an electrical problem)

Have you tried setting the floats higher, to see if that changes anything?

yeah, from just under to just weeping out of the site hole. Seems like i get a little more time on the throttle but the end result hasn't changed. let me see where my fuel pressure is going first and then when Im fixin' to spend real money or redo the intake gasket I'll cry uncle on the SB forum.... thanx

I made a dumb mistake... so had to have the wife help me rebleed the brakes... then took my daughter to the school to pick up her school work for the next 2 weeks. Girls jumping on the trampoline now.

I'll set up a table in the garage to sit at to start porting the spare heads this weekend...

20210108_153351.jpg

20210108_155333.jpg

I made a dumb mistake... so had to have the wife help me rebleed the brakes... then took my daughter to the school to pick up her school work for the next 2 weeks. Girls jumping on the trampoline now.

I'll set up a table in the garage to sit at to start porting the spare heads this weekend...

View attachment 1715666395

View attachment 1715666396
Are those for me? Dude you're awesome. How can I ever Thank You? :poke:

Are those for me? Dude you're awesome. How can I ever Thank You? :poke:

Wait, what are for you? The wife and kids? How about I give you the wife in a trade for your black dart? I keep the kids though, they like me spending money on the car and like going for rides in it. Lol.

Or the cylinder heads? Lol... they are only 1.88/1.60 J-Heads I won't be using them though. Since I'd have to buy 1.88 valves to run them, my X heads have 2.02 valves...

20210108_161103.jpg

Wait, what are for you? The wife and kids? How about I give you the wife in a trade for your black dart? I keep the kids though, they like me spending money on the car and like going for rides in it. Lol.

Or the cylinder heads? Lol... they are only 1.88/1.60 J-Heads I won't be using them though. Since I'd have to buy 1.88 valves to run them, my X heads have 2.02 valves...

View attachment 1715666403
The cylinder heads. I thought you were doing those for me? Is she a good cook? You've sparked my interest. Lol

"Wanted: woman with cylinder heads who can cook. Send picture of heads" :D

I got a Bosch 5" tach with shift light in the mail - only $40 shipped. They normally go for around $100. I think it was a factory return since the blister pack had been sliced open and taped back together - but everything else looks untouched.
Anyway it is quite accurate, definitely better than my Autometer, which has memory but lacks a shift light. I think I need the light more than memory, when I start doing WOT launches in low gear!

0108211816-00.jpg

Went to In-N-Out.

Photos... all my photos on my phone are of the car, kids, dog and car parts lol... had to find one. She said to not use any bad pictures on the for sale add.

20210108_170521.jpg

20210101_160841.jpg

20210108_170942.jpg

-
Back