What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
No car stuff this week, been way to busy! I had my national dental licensing exam this weekend. I passed with flying colors (between 85-100% grades) on all the sections in the exam (dental fillings, root canals, deep cleanings, crowns and bridges).

In 1.5 months I'll officially be a licensed Dentist! Had the pleasure of having my beautiful wife be my assistant for my exam. She is the best!

Resized_20210314_104758.jpeg

Resized_Snapchat-1841568026.jpeg

Congratulations to you...and all your beautiful assistants. You’ve got a beautiful family. Keep up the good work.

Got the gauges in the run stand, checking for fitment all is good. Now on to making the wiring harness, my favorite to do....

IMG_4316.JPG

Cleaned garage and driveway...trying to get up the oil stains since the HOA is being a little B**** about stains in the driveway... Purple power didn't fix it yet so I'll try some more tomorrow.

Then bought some carpet and laid it down in the garage to hopefully prevent from getting any more stains. Put a bunch of cardboard under the carpet as well.

I also drove it to pick up my kids from school!

20210315_103437.jpg

20210315_173520.jpg

20210315_182333.jpg

20210315_183816.jpg

20210315_183454.jpg

20210315_152101.jpg

Cleaned garage and driveway...trying to get up the oil stains since the HOA is being a little B**** about stains in the driveway... Purple power didn't fix it yet so I'll try some more tomorrow.

Then bought some carpet and laid it down in the garage to hopefully prevent from getting any more stains. Put a bunch of cardboard under the carpet as well.

I also drove it to pick up my kids from school!

View attachment 1715708340

View attachment 1715708341

View attachment 1715708342

View attachment 1715708343

View attachment 1715708344

View attachment 1715708345
I use brake cleaner on the real bad stains on my garage floor, works pretty well.

No car stuff this week, been way to busy! I had my national dental licensing exam this weekend. I passed with flying colors (between 85-100% grades) on all the sections in the exam (dental fillings, root canals, deep cleanings, crowns and bridges).

In 1.5 months I'll officially be a licensed Dentist! Had the pleasure of having my beautiful wife be my assistant for my exam. She is the best!

View attachment 1715707847

View attachment 1715707848

WOW , a hippy dentist !~--------------------just yankin ur chain!

Spent quite a few hours this past weekend with a propane torch , putty knife , and wire brushes removing the undercoating. Preparing to use chassis saver on the frame and floor boards. It's a dirty nasty job but will look awesome afterwards.

IMG_0731.JPG

I use brake cleaner on the real bad stains on my garage floor, works pretty well.
Gasoline. My dad (a chemist) taught me that "likes disolve likes"
Oil and gasoline are made from the same base ("likes").
Gasoline also makes the white lettering on your tires like new....
I swear, try it - works great.
Gasoline on the payment and use kitty litter to push it around with an old broom....works great.

Jeff

Gasoline on the payment and use kitty litter to push it around with an old broom....works great.

Jeff

I'll give it a try.... im about ready to just go buy new bricks.... I've spent 2 days cleaning and buying cleaning **** and bricks probably would have been cheaper...

I'm pretty sure when it dries there will still be stains present....

20210316_183937.jpg

Jeff
This is probably a no-brainer, but be sure you don't have a water heater (or anything else that might have a pilot light) in your garage.

How we cleaned the garage floor at the gas station I worked at as a 13/14 year old. Grab the nozzle on the pump and shoot it into the garage bay and sweep it around.... and down the drain. AH, the good old days... :D

The dreaded heater core replacement on my trusty old '78 D-300 440 dually! Can we all say, "Oh, noooo!!!" together?

The heater core began to leak last summer, and I tried to convince myself that I didn't really need a heater after I read the heater core replacement procedure in the factory service manual. But it only took one winter to make me a believer in car heaters. Going without the heater was one thing, but not having any windshield defrost is what convinced me to fix it. It's a pretty terrible job. It had been leaking for awhile, and 7 of the 22 screws holding the two halves of the heater box together had rusted so badly that you couldn't get a socket or a vise grip on them, so I had to buy a Dremel tool to cut those screws. Of course they don't give you enough cutting wheels with the Dremel, so you have to buy the Dremel accessory kit, too, in order to get more cutting wheels. Since I had it all apart, I fixed everything else on the dash that didn't work.

I had to have the old heater core rebuilt because the heater core for a '72-'80 Dodge pickup is NLA. Although the rebuilt heater core should be of much better quality than a Chinesium one, it was expensive.

I sure hope I remember how all this goes back together.

mission creep.jpg

-
Back