What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Installed some tti muffler tips. Didn't realize how much bigger the squares were compared to the factory ones. Tone is a bit sharper now, a little louder at idle, and a lot louder when I'm on the pedal compared to the tti turn downs I had prior.

A fluid change and band tightening along with a couple new seals and we’ll be on our way! Thankful for no more transmission fluid leaks! Thanks to my buddy Brian (one mean 318) for all the help!! Nice enough weather to go for a little ride and some fresh premium. The 440 was loving the nice cool weather.

5B6D6CBC-1D5F-46ED-8279-974648287B69.jpeg

719C7B8C-0374-4CB8-ADB2-413827CBC9DD.jpeg

BBAF0B1E-42D4-4DF8-9F61-0EEEFE0E8D70.jpeg

0B3E7C2D-E8C8-41B5-B065-93F482A2BE71.jpeg

Gonna try and get to my mopar today
Wanna pull the cracked windshield out and prep, paint and install new one.
Been working on my volvo wagon since the ford threw a rod. Put a VX cam in, remaned the head. Night n day diff. I use it to run parts and long drives. Tracks like an arrow...and if it gets wrecked or dinged...who cares.

Yeah, tomorrow i am going to fill the float bowls and let it idle for a minute maybe two but that was all I had time for today.

Aren't you going to have to go through it all over again once you mount the heads on the engine?
I'm not sure why the head would distort so incredibly huge that it would be radically off. Side Play on Rocker Arms is a pretty wide tolerance.

I'm not sure why the head would distort so incredibly huge that it would be radically off. Side Play on Rocker Arms is a pretty wide tolerance.

That's not what I was referring to. How are you setting clearance (e.g. shims, moving the hold downs side to side, etc)?

6F1E6699-4F78-4EE8-944F-FA8AB6EEC3C2.jpeg

Too cold here in MN. Having trouble keeping the operating temp where I want it. Couple pool noodles and duct tape :usflag:

Last edited:
Got the deck surfaces cleaned up, and thought I might get the heads on today. I had to remove one long exhaust stud which supports the A/C bracket. I got it out of the old head OK, and then the stud in the new head broke off flush, so that wasted the rest of the afternoon.

IMG_20210327_140705.jpg

IMG_20210327_140748.jpg

Starting up the fresh rebuild this evening. Should be ready to go for drive tomorrow once we do the cam break-in.
and it went pop pop BANG!. Timing is way off. I'm thinking it's the old 180 degree dizzy problem I've read about. I'll check #1 is on the compression stroke tomorrow and see where the distributor is pointing. I for sure have fuel, spark and compression. Can't make a bang that loud without those in place. Gotta be the timing.

Did nothing else to it, I guessed the timing and it is PERFECT. It cranked twice and fired off and just did its thing. This is the reason I got into cars.

-
Back