What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Did me an impromptu brake job today

Turns out when I popped the calipers off to do the lower ball joints the retainer of one of the pads musta decided to skefaddle

And I never noticed untill I pulled out thw drive today

Luckily I had a set of pads in the garage...and the gouging on the caliper isn't nearly as bad as it looks

20210628_151705.jpg

20210628_151708.jpg

20210628_153513.jpg

20210628_160714.jpg

20210628_160719.jpg

Did me an impromptu brake job today

Turns out when I popped the calipers off to do the lower ball joints the retainer of one of the pads musta decided to skefaddle

And I never noticed untill I pulled out thw drive today

Luckily I had a set of pads in the garage...and the gouging on the caliper isn't nearly as bad as it looks

View attachment 1715757540

View attachment 1715757541

View attachment 1715757542

View attachment 1715757543

View attachment 1715757544
Be honest. You forgot to put it back on.

Be honest. You forgot to put it back on.
nope, not this time

look at the last two pictures, you can see where the retained should be on the new pad (top) and where its missing on the old pad

i actually picked that pad up in the driveway, it didnt go very far at all

nope, not this time

look at the last two pictures, you can see where the retained should be on the new pad (top) and where its missing on the old pad

i actually picked that pad up in the driveway, it didnt go very far at all
Tampering with the evidence I see. Yeah I'll just bust off the tabs & people will believe me. :poke: You know I'm pulling your chain? Lol Good catch.

Tampering with the evidence I see. Yeah I'll just bust off the tabs & people will believe me. :poke: You know I'm pulling your chain? Lol Good catch.

no worries, i can take it

im just glad that when i ordered the brakes they took a while to send them out
to make up for the shipping delay, they send me an extra set of pads...those are the ones i installed today

as for it being a good catch...it was hard to miss
i pulled out the drive and the brakes went through the floor
backed it up and pumped them back up, seemed ok
so i got moving again and then when i hit the brakes, it sounds like stepping on a cat

pretty obvious what the issue was

At least you have brakes. I have no front suspension yet. Still working on the 408. The 6 Pack goes on Friday.

it finally coming of the kitchen counter is it?

will be nice to have all new parts to work with

Don't feel bad... my Dart always made a metallic scraping noise from the front brakes when rolling it out with the engine off. (Can't hear it over the dual 3" when it's fired up)...
One day I decided to find and fix it. I'd put one of the left front pads on backwards (metal to rotor)! :realcrazy: Surprisingly, the brakes were working without pulling or grabbing...

Since I was on last , finished with the a/c and installed Deltapag fan controller.
As soon as I get my distributer back I can fire it up. Hopefully the heat wave will be done hot a hell in the garage
20210629_074900_HDR.jpg

20210629_074853_HDR.jpg

Cleaned off a car in storage so I can do a tune up, and find a clunking noise in the rear, go over a bump and I hear it. Looked last year and couldn't see anything loose anywhere. I don't remember birds in the shed, but they targeted the car I cleared off like they hate it!

If I use the wipers when it rains, the wiper pivots leak

So I only use them when its dry out

Brother, you can have as much ad you want
In a week, the level in my retention pond has risen over a foot
:steering:How I picture you driving in the rain today. Lol

I took the boy out on a wings run in the duster
While sitting inside, waiting on out wings a guy in a Chevy shirt walks in and strikes up a conversation

"Did you have it sitting with the engine out for a while?"

Sure did...back in 2015

I was surprised he remembered that

-
Back