What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
IMG_5358.jpeg

Took the avatar to the Gainesville Raceway track today for its maiden Florida outing. Great time - met a bunch of new people. And set a new personal best with the car even at a DA of 2100. Went [email protected] today. Car was great. (Me - not so much. Fell asleep at the tree in round 2.)

Oh well, just to be racing in January in 80 degree weather was fabulous!!
20240127_121644.jpg

Removed the Lakewood bar from the demon so I could por15 (clear) the floor.It just has some surface rust and I did not want to slop it up with the black.....down the road the next owner can see condition.......Rob

20231209_100809.jpg

20231209_142806.jpg

Just finished the instrument bezel / cluster and heater bezel restoration and finally the REassembly begins..

20240204_112329.jpg

Screenshot_20240204_112126_InCollage - Collage Maker~2.jpg

Last edited:
Got my 416 Stroker build back from Mike at @B3RE and fought all day getting the motor to lock into the trans and play with spool mounts and urethane bushings, what a treat it has been.

Motor is in finally, hard part is done

IMG_0410.jpeg

IMG_0407.jpeg

IMG_0404.jpeg

IMG_0405.jpeg

IMG_0406.jpeg

When a guy is 75 with bad joints and bad muscle, anything I accomplish is NEWS! at least to me!
But in S E Texas, winter is our good time. 65 yesterday, sunny but windy somewhat. I finished all the brake rebuild on the Brand Y car. (66 Fairlane) Why a Ford? Well after many many Mopars and 5 decades I ventured off track! I wanted another 70-2 Duster builder but I found nothing worth buying or in reason or close enough as with livestock, it is hard to get away. A friend had a 63 Dart for sale that was a bargain and I should have bought it but I love learning about new things and nice that Ford (Stang) parts are cheap compared to Mopar stuff! Please NO hate!!

IMG_0521.JPG

IMG_0520.JPG

Man ya ever have huge plans but something else always gets in the way? no but really working on the interior reupholstering seats. etc.

Made a stand alone Duel O2 sensor box. Vs installation in a vehicle. Innovate 3891 kit.

View attachment 1716194759

View attachment 1716194760

View attachment 1716194761
That's a slick idea. Do you also pull the sensor when not in use? I ask because I thought about putting my AFR gauge on a switch so it wasn't on all the time, but both Innovate and Autometer said that wasn't a good idea because the sensor would not last if it wasn't powered when the car was running.

I was optimistic about getting my 74 Duster project running and driving during the week leading up to Thanksgiving..."best laid plans". Today after much struggle and false starts Donnatella finally starts, runs, drives and stops under her on power.

20230723_122241.jpg

My 71 Demon 340 put 1 too many drops of oil on the floor. So up on jack stands it went. Engine and trans were rebuilt less than 2 years ago and it probably has less than 400 miles since I put it all back together so it should not have any leaks. I hate leaks!! (But they are too common on my junk!!)

We'll have to see if I found the leak sources but I did find the trans and oil pan and valve cover bolts needed a snug up. Also filter appeared to be leaking. So it got a new filter and oil change for good measure. Car has a couple engagements this weekend so it'll get driven and I'll get a chance to see what I may have missed.

20240208_221900.jpg

My 71 Demon 340 put 1 too many drops of oil on the floor. So up on jack stands it went. Engine and trans were rebuilt less than 2 years ago and it probably has less than 400 miles since I put it all back together so it should not have any leaks. I hate leaks!! (But they are too common on my junk!!)

We'll have to see if I found the leak sources but I did find the trans and oil pan and valve cover bolts needed a snug up. Also filter appeared to be leaking. So it got a new filter and oil change for good measure. Car has a couple engagements this weekend so it'll get driven and I'll get a chance to see what I may have missed.

View attachment 1716204461
That's because you moved to a warm place. It wouldn't have happened had you stayed in Michigan.

Hmmm...if true, I'll still take this winter weather any day!! I was in a t-shirt wrenching on it with the garage door open. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

-
Back