What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Picked up a bunch of brats, potato salad, chips and beers for tomorrow. My best friend since 1st grade is joining me and another old, recently reconnected with, HS buddy of ours to shove the 727 back into the Duster tomorrow. We were all 25 years younger and a few pounds lighter the last time we did a job like this together. The will be a tons of laughs and ball busting for sure LOL! Gonna be frigging great!

Be well folks,
Pat

cleaning fish next to it

IMG_7703.jpg

Gonna spray two more coats of Lacquer on my 66. Recently sold it to @Ddaddy . Getting all the parts in one place to deliver to PA.

20141028_120926.jpg

Same as I've been doing for the past 10 months...waiting for it to get paroled from 'paint prison'

Id double check to make sure its the correct flexplate before putting in the car. I had to message one of the holes and it turned out it was for a 904.

Yup, it's the right part. Just minor massaging to 2 of the holes, not too serious, just a serious PITA. I'll call it "Production Variance". B&M Flexplate, Hughes Performance Torque Converter

100_7378.JPG
100_7385.JPG

Looks like the K member is in; are you dropping in the motor with the headers on?

I wish! No, I just hung them on there to dry fit the starter, oil filter adapter etc. and generally check everything out. In a lawnchair. With a beer. For quite a while...

Last edited:
Picked up a bunch of brats, potato salad, chips and beers for tomorrow. My best friend since 1st grade is joining me and another old, recently reconnected with, HS buddy of ours to shove the 727 back into the Duster tomorrow. We were all 25 years younger and a few pounds lighter the last time we did a job like this together. The will be a tons of laughs and ball busting for sure LOL! Gonna be frigging great!

Be well folks,
Pat

Well, we got the 727 back in the Duster . Storming here so my buddy had to run home early the the boss said power was out and sump pump wasn't working.

But my HS buddy and I muscled her in! Not bad for a couple old guys laying on cold concrete. We celebrated with a few beers and brats, followed by some of my oak barreled aged bourbon. Maybe a few more than we needed, but fun as hell. A big step closer to getting the car rolling again.

Be well folks,
Pat

Thanks to the Home Owners' Association :mad:I got my
IMG_20171016_162205.jpg

fish to the Tranny shop to install the 727 to replace the dying 904 (I know it eats some HP, but I only want to buy ONE drive shaft because the small block will be coming out eventually in favor of a B block), 4:10 Dana 60 (Shout out to Cass!), brakes, brake lines, drive shaft and other related bits installed. All so I don't get evicted for being a redneck hillbilly by working on MY muscle car in MY driveway in a trailer park. At least I can still say, "Watch this and hold my beer." :eek:

The boss still says that my car is a piece of ****, but she always wants to drive it, AND her perspective is warped because she likes Fords and wants a 65
moosetang-2.1-50.png
:lol::rofl:

Progress made on RobKat. I finally got he front sway bar frame brackets found. DAMMIT are those things rare. I was almost about to make some. Got the front sway bar finished and on. Now both front and rear sway bars are installed and fully functional. Never thought it would take so long. These little cars and their parts are really drying up.

Dropped off the kickdown lever and speedo gear to the shop, and what do I see? Some photos too big to upload. Check out the wrecked 7 1/4. Ha! Tires rubbing a little bit in pics 4 and 6.

IMG_20171018_164609.jpg

IMG_20171018_164621.jpg

IMG_20171018_164812.jpg

IMG_20171018_164824.jpg

IMG_20171018_164849.jpg

IMG_20171018_165347.jpg

IMG_20171018_165047.jpg

IMG_20171018_165033.jpg

Last edited:
Put the 408/727 into the Duster. With 2 helpers and a load leveller we got it all in from the top in about 4 hours. Pleased to report no scratches on the inner fenders or firewall, just a few scratches on the K-Frame (which was just rattle canned anyway) where the deep oil pan rubbed it, and the Headers in a few places you can't see, besides they just take out the trash so they will never again be perfect. Will get going on buttoning the rest of it all up and hopefully get it fired up early in the new year. OH YEAH!!!!!!!!

100_7510.JPG
100_7516.JPG
100_7519.JPG
100_7520.JPG
100_7522.JPG

More dash work today. Customizing the stock dash shell. I have the cluster and gauges done. I have added single din opening, and another one beside that for the pop out tray storage and cupholders. Need to add the power point. Yesterday, finished the switch panels and drilled all the holes for the aircraft switches. Glove box door today and ashtray assy.

More dash work today. Customizing the stock dash shell. I have the cluster and gauges done. I have added single din opening, and another one beside that for the pop out tray storage and cupholders. Need to add the power point. Yesterday, finished the switch panels and drilled all the holes for the aircraft switches. Glove box door today and ashtray assy.

Need pics!

Need pics!

Soon! Gotta cut a square hole. Decided to mount a digital voltage gauge next to the switches so when I am sitting in the car listening to tunes with the engine off, I will know when/if the voltage drops too low and not hurt the amps. Got a sinus headache so knocked off early today.

-
Back