What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Checked a live update to see how far the has traveled another month to wait:pale:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-29-07-41-47.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 241
](*,) Took half a day off to work on the BC. Got the wiper motor and linkage all reinstalled. Tried to move on the the heater/box/core/motor. Bought a replacement core a long time ago just assuming it would fit. Was supposed to be for my car but was 1/4" wider than the factory one. Zoomed to my radiator guy and he recognized the old and new core. Said I bought the new one from him. (who the hell knew) Anyway he is working Saturday and will try to change the core frame from the original one to the new one and call me. The dash is ready to reinstall but I won't do it until the heater box is good to go including all components.
My Rant of the day-----Cheers all---DR

Prepping my 'Cuda for another car show this week end. The show is only 100 miles from me so plan on driving the ol' girl down and back.

Going to be a little toasty, 90 degree heat. Window down time, vents open!

Pa karp:burnout:

Got my heater core back from the radiator shop, he moved the stock mount plate to the new core for only $20.00. Installing heater core in box and mounting box to firewall ect etc. Have to install some dynamat and the new firewall insulation kit. I am taking all next week off to work on the BC 12 hours a day and see if I can make some assembly progress. It's a ***** to try to put a car together while working a full time job. Have to do something about that-----------(retirement around the corner:))
Cheers and good long weekend to all-Rat:cheers:

Hopefully tonight going to rotate my Dart down off the rotisserie onto jackstands, level it up and get the sub frame connectors prepped to go on this weekend.

hopefully tonight going to rotate my dart down off the rotisserie onto jackstands, level it up and get the sub frame connectors prepped to go on this weekend.

----------------------------------------wet sanding----------------------------------------------

Going to install the K frame and suspension parts on the GTS today, since the engine bay has been repaired, primed, sanded out and painted. All new parts to install. Really enjoy this part of a build.

Going to install the K frame and suspension parts on the GTS today, since the engine bay has been repaired, primed, sanded out and painted. All new parts to install. Really enjoy this part of a build.

It's nice when all the sanding and painting is done!

I think I'll slip on a new P/S belt and try to align the pulleys better. My belt sounds terrible.
I need to get her cleaned up for a big car cruise on Sunday.

I have my last 2 cars just about as about as ready for paint as they will get. still blocking and adding some filler here and there, and then prime over that. since I paint in a shed open on the front and no heat, I plan to get final coats on in next 2 weeks. like it to cool down some and less humidity. still need to get the front valance off both cars and do them. take apart a gun and clean it good. take off the motor off compressor, enlarge the holes, and tighten belt...... the list is long!!!

Getting ready to remove the old (2.76 open diff.) rear end, housing and all, and replace it with a 3.55 SG. Getting tooled up and have all the parts. Also will be replacing the leaf springs with new ones, and replacing the fuel gauge sending unit. It's easier to get at with the rear out. Just replaced seals on the diff/housing going in- everything looks good. Removed the brake back plates and will be replacing them with the ones from the existing axle housing. Then there's the brakes and E- brake, driveshaft, shocks, sway bar etc, etc. This is all on a '67 Dart GT w/383/TF. Can't wait to feel the difference!

Now that its cooled down outside going to put the motor back together..

Getting ready to remove the old (2.76 open diff.) rear end, housing and all, and replace it with a 3.55 SG. Getting tooled up and have all the parts.

I will be doing that to mine in a couple weeks too. I have a 3:23 S/G and a Green bearing kit going in. I have a 2.76 open also. It should make a difference! tmm

Thursday is my day off, so....., I got the tag light working, dome light working. Changed the alt belt, adjusted the manual steering box and adjusted the rt torsion bar to set the ride level. In the past month, new dual 2" exhaust, new tires all around. Rebuilt front brakes, new master cyl. new brake hoses, pulled all the trim, the grille and stripped the hood. It is hard to see progress as I drive it daily. 67 Valiant 273....

Oh yeah, also adjusted the kick-down linkage, replaces the tired headlights with some new halogens and new dimmer switch. Got the turn signals working. I have a basic "need to" list before I get too serious with the body or interior. Hoping to have my 06 Charger SRT8 back in my driveway so I can start the tear down....the fun goes on !!

Left Monday morning met some friends in Owatonna, Mn and spent next four days driving down Mississippi river on Iowa & Illinois side. Got as far as Fort Madison, Iowa then turned around, spent three nights in motels getting back home Friday. Had 65 Dart, they had there bike, fun trip but hot and humid for Sept :( Car ran well, got between 16-17 mpg on mild 318. Put the top up a couple of times to get out of sun, about 1100 miles give or take. The antenna broke off, had a left rear flat (screw in it) got that fixed, one morning at motel had a $100 bill tucked into window, no note. There were some scratches on driver door, all I can think of is that he bumped it and felt bad. Can't even see them once I rubbed them out a little. The dangers of driving them but good time had by all!!! Hit a number of brew pubs on the way :)

Left Monday morning met some friends in Owatonna, Mn and spent next four days driving down Mississippi river on Iowa & Illinois side. Got as far as Fort Madison, Iowa then turned around, spent three nights in motels getting back home Friday. Had 65 Dart, they had there bike, fun trip but hot and humid for Sept :( Car ran well, got between 16-17 mpg on mild 318. Put the top up a couple of times to get out of sun, about 1100 miles give or take. The antenna broke off, had a left rear flat (screw in it) got that fixed, one morning at motel had a $100 bill tucked into window, no note. There were some scratches on driver door, all I can think of is that he bumped it and felt bad. Can't even see them once I rubbed them out a little. The dangers of driving them but good time had by all!!! Hit a number of brew pubs on the way :)

Sounds fun, but yes, it's hot and humid...I'm not doing much with my cars...they can sit inside the cool garage while I sit inside the cool house lol :glasses7:

Gonna go on a cruise with FISHYPETE tomorrow morning in his 64 Fury to meet FABO member Retractable and some other car friends for breakfast :coffee2:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:Wet sanding and buffing my car that I paintedd in my garage .

rust repair and massage out dents on the roughest panel on my wagon.

Attachments

• CIMG5163.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 164
  • CIMG5172.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 155
Took Josh to little league practice in mine this evening. Wife went to kohls in the 5.9 D'ango. I dusted her from light to light. LoL

Attachments

• IMG-20150904-00976.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 142
Fixed some rust and previous repair damage...........

Attachments

• IMG_2601.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2609.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2605.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2621.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2625.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 138
-