What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
My 4 speed got a fresh coat of paint :glasses7: Dupli-Color cast iron engine enamel.

going to hobble out and jack the fish up, getting ready to install the caltrac system.
-----------------------------(knee not well after 4 wheeler wreck)

That's freaking beautiful!

Thanks, I can't wait to get the whole thing in paint with those colors!

I found some orange fluorescent bulbs for the ceiling fan and it really makes the car & garage look sweet at night!

Attachments

• IMG_20160412_201616097.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_20160412_201538860.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 232
Also modifying my A body clutch pedal. I am using instructions from december 2010 issue of mopar muscle magazine. Article is entitled "a clutching result"

This adds 3/4" pin to pin to set it at 6.0" increasing the pedal ratio for more complete clutch plate seperation while shifting. I believe the article stated superstock 4 speed cars had this done to them, however all other 67 to 76 A bodies otherwise all made due with a 5&1/4" pin to pin pedal setup.

The side that gets extended the 3/4" is the side the clutch linkage rod attaches to.

I still have to weld it up.

Matt

I also read about this. I was going to do It before putting in the pedals but figured I would see how it shifted first. Wondering If I left enough room for adjustment though. curious to see how yours works.

Its gonna be a long time before i report on this. Car is a long way from finished.

The early As used a 6" pin to pin, and had a better clutch ratio. However they shortened the ratio to make it easier fot little old ladys with slanty 6 dodge darts to clutch n shift.

Changed the rear diff oil. Put new oil in plus some Ford friction modifier additive and it's good to go!!!

Working on the 68 Valiant this week..Got a 73 Big Bolt 7 1/4 rear from a member.Drove 400 miles round trip to pick it up.Truck gets 10 MPG. Paid $150 for the rear. Got it home,opened it up and the spider gears were all chewed up.Now I got over $400 in it with bearings,seals and what not.Moral of the story is,,, this is what I get for being cheap instead of putting a 8 3/4 under it in the first place.......Oh well I've made worse decisions........:banghead:

I retorqued the intake and fired it up and let it run for a bit. I'm also trying to find transport for another 67 Valiant I bought in CA and trying to get it home to chicago.

Working on the 68 Valiant this week..Got a 73 Big Bolt 7 1/4 rear from a member.Drove 400 miles round trip to pick it up.Truck gets 10 MPG. Paid $150 for the rear. Got it home,opened it up and the spider gears were all chewed up.Now I got over $400 in it with bearings,seals and what not.Moral of the story is,,, this is what I get for being cheap instead of putting a 8 3/4 under it in the first place.......Oh well I've made worse decisions........:banghead:

Question, why didnt you take off the cover to look inside before you buy. 7&1/4 rears are hand grenades. I had one, took the brakes off it, and threw it on the scrap pile. I wouldent give $150 for one of those.

Not a damn thing to the valiant... Did put some MIL eliminators on my lincoln tc... will see if they work...

I recently patched up a rotten frame rail installed new upper bushings and ball joint and ran some new brakes lines as the others were scary rotten! Here is one of the twins helping dad bleed the brakes :)

Attachments

• IMG_20160413_192622179.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 217
Being pissed off that my new throttle cable broke and have to wait for another one!

Just took it out for the first time this year...got some fuel and blasted it down the street..man,i love that car:D:D

I had to redo the seam sealer in the drip rail (what a PITA) and now she is out bathing in the sun to dry it. I also screwed down the console shifter and bracket. She is going to the body shop for paint on fri.

Attachments

• Picture 3467.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Picture 3468.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Picture 3469.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 169
headers sandblasted and painted... finally..

Attachments

• hdrspainted.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 172
  • hdrsunpainted.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 164
Finished the the fuel lines, and transmission lines in stainless braided. I've been having a hell of a time with the damn rattle can spray paint for the dual snorkel scoop. Im having to sand it down for the 4th time now. Never again will I buy this version of Rustoleum. It crinkles any prior coats if you let it dry to long and try to spray more. So I'm on the search to find something better.

Bought carpet to go in the 70 Swinger at the Nationals............in 2014.

Finally got around to putting it in today.

My life is way too complicated apparently...........................:)

Finished the the fuel lines, and transmission lines in stainless braided. I've been having a hell of a time with the damn rattle can spray paint for the dual snorkel scoop. Im having to sand it down for the 4th time now. Never again will I buy this version of Rustoleum. It crinkles any prior coats if you let it dry to long and try to spray more. So I'm on the search to find something better.

I have good luck with Duplicolor........Rustoleum is just KoolAde with pressure in the can.

Alright, now that I got my regular computer back, we will try again with no upside down pic's lol! I must admit, I was freaking out doing this, the car is almost all original sheet metal, the floor's still have the original paint on them, and there is no scale or anything. Hard to believe it spent most of it's life in Michigan, but someone took really good care of it. .The car was originally gold as you can see in some of the pic's . I found the build sheet, a bunch of golf tee's, and some random coins from the sixties, pretty cool! Hopefully I can get a hand this week or next and get the tub's back in. Bob (Backally) lol if your around. :D:D:D

View attachment IMG_2239.jpg

View attachment IMG_2240.jpg

View attachment IMG_2255.jpg

View attachment IMG_2256.jpg

View attachment IMG_2257.jpg

View attachment IMG_2259.jpg

View attachment IMG_2260.jpg

Waiting patiently for Leaf spring relocation, mini tubs and HDK front K frame to be completed !!

-
Back