What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Sealing up the windshield! Rain is supposed to stay on the outside.

Cley
20170106_093850.jpg

Nice save on both the car and the slant! I haven't looked at that many, but it seems the small bumper guards are always absorber mounts. Trying to figure out when they changed . I think the back absorbers started much earlier in 74 model and many still had the big rubber gaurds. I assume it is titled as 74 to have that bumper with that grille. Otherwise I previously thought the front change happened in 75 (like my Duster). If you could check...what is the date on the door sticker?
Yes it is a 74..... Now the funny thing is. We had a 74 Dodge Dart that did have the bigger stuff on it.. Hood , grill, Header, bumper guards, all Different in the make up department... :)

Putting 72 E-body seats in my 67 A-body. Trying to figure out the 3 point seat belts I bought to go with-------------------Nothings easy :-(
Made some progress today, Pulled the headliner back and installed the attachment points for the new 3 Pt seat belts. I was able to fasten the two bottom parts to the factory attachment points as the car came with optional seat belts back in the day. Got my 67 seat rails attached to the 72 seats. Of course I had to centerline the mounting and re-drill the points as they were different dimensionally both ways. Got the seats all put together and ready to go in the car as soon as I complete the new seat belt install. I will post photos on my build thread when the seats are installed. Thanks to Alaskan TA for selling me seats that exceeded my expectations, an all star to deal with!
Sore back and fish & chips calling my name with a glass of wine:) DR over & out!

sold two 340 steel cranks to a friend...moved rallye wheels for AAR from one storage shed to better storage shed...lol

and put a 360 crank in truck to take to machine shop tomorrow...

Picked up an intake and carbs yesterday for a future engine build.

IMAG0152.jpg

Cleaning the console so I can repair the holes drilled in the sides, cleaning up the chrome as best I can so it will be a nicer driver quality than currently is.

IMAG0125.jpg

Last edited:
Sitting here looking at the MSD Atomic fuel injection I've had for a few years now, might get that on!

Jeff

Not today. ..this weekend I'll install my electric door locks...I'll post a thread on it in the electrical forum.

Jeff

Something really exciting.....removing undercoat. I did the passenger side with screwdriver only, no heat. After reading a few threads thought I'd give a heat gun and a small putty knife a try, much faster!

IMG_1499.JPG

My car is close to being finished. Today I am Transferring the 1967 License plate to the title and registration, Installing the windshield washer hoses and fixtures, installing the rally wheel inserts onto the wheels in preparation for new tires and checking the pinion input angle against the overdrive output angle to see how much to shim the rear axle to make sure there is no problem when I hook up:) I also have some exhaust wrap that I will put on the head pipes if I have time. When all this is done, and the snow is gone I will take it to the tire shop for tires and alignment and it will be ready to complete the engine break-in with about 500 miles in my spare time. Oh yeah, I will be stopping by my insurance agent to but coverage on the car to the tune of about 40K--------------------------:)
DR out!

My car is close to being finished. Today I am Transferring the 1967 License plate to the title and registration, Installing the windshield washer hoses and fixtures, installing the rally wheel inserts onto the wheels in preparation for new tires and checking the pinion input angle against the overdrive output angle to see how much to shim the rear axle to make sure there is no problem when I hook up:) I also have some exhaust wrap that I will put on the head pipes if I have time. When all this is done, and the snow is gone I will take it to the tire shop for tires and alignment and it will be ready to complete the engine break-in with about 500 miles in my spare time. Oh yeah, I will be stopping by my insurance agent to but coverage on the car to the tune of about 40K--------------------------:)
DR out!

It sounds like you're in a good place, have fun with the break in.

Working on the spring relocation and mini tub, got the old 7 1/4 out and the gas tank over the weekend so this next weekend I'll hopefully be cutting and welding it all up. Nervous as hell to start cutting!

IMG_20170204_162446_950.jpg

I paid the credit card off yesterday I used to buy things for the Money Pit in January.... Between my obnoxious neighbors and too much money spent on the car I haven't even thought about putting a wrench on it. Hopefully the flow will be lighter by the end of the week and I may put the Brakes back together lol.....

JW

No rain for a couple of days so I could finally work on the car.

1) Cleaned windshield inside and out with denatured alcohol. @#$%^ bugs! Then put on Brillianize to chase away the rain and bugs and any possible inside fogging. I used to use this stuff when I repaired photocopiers. It makes glass slicker than snot on a doorknob.

2) Got the heater box back in and connected up. My GAWD, that thing blows hot. Nice little cheapie <$50 heater core from Summit. And one heater hose $7.

Next up: Wiper seal kit from Schumacher. I hope I can do it with the dash still in the car.

No rain for a couple of days so I could finally work on the car.

1) Cleaned windshield inside and out with denatured alcohol. @#$%^ bugs! Then put on Brillianize to chase away the rain and bugs and any possible inside fogging. I used to use this stuff when I repaired photocopiers. It makes glass slicker than snot on a doorknob.

2) Got the heater box back in and connected up. My GAWD, that thing blows hot. Nice little cheapie <$50 heater core from Summit. And one heater hose $7.

Next up: Wiper seal kit from Schumacher. I hope I can do it with the dash still in the car.
Probably wouldn't've been a bad idea to do the wiper seals BEFORE putting the heater box back in. I'm fixin' to change my heater core and wiper seals sometime in the next few weeks hopefully

-
Back