What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
20230915_123356.jpg

Finishing a new black convertible top replacement on my 1965 Dodge Dart. First convertible top install. Still looking for answers on how to do the qtr. panel attachment. I have learned a lot. Today will be no different.

Last edited:
A couple new layers of wax. First wax in the bottom side of the hood since I took the insulation out.
20230916_161527.jpg

That old paint shines up well..
20230917_121605.jpg

My Neighbor let me use his cooled shop.
20230917_121443.jpg

I have quite a few photos. Top remove, rehab of rusted front bow retainer, top retainer strips build and assorted photos!
Not all photos are available to send. I have several devices in which the photos are at. Planned to share once finished. Yet to organize most photos into folders. Are you doing a top?

I have quite a few photos. Top remove, rehab of rusted front bow retainer, top retainer strips build and assorted photos!
Not all photos are available to send. I have several devices in which the photos are at. Planned to share once finished. Yet to organize most photos into folders. Are you doing a top?
And why are you Red X'ng everyone's pictures/posts?

New Motocraft Plugs and Denzo Coils in my Parts Haulin' Van.

Tight quarters, touchy work, it all worked out, Perrrs like a new one now.

5.4 Triton 225,000 miles, well cared for. Good for more road trippin' again.

20230913_153007.jpg

20230915_150800.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

Cross County Traveler

☆☆☆☆☆

Last edited:
And why are you Red X'ng everyone's pictures/posts?
I dont know what I am doing. I very seldom post. Have no experience in the operation of answering and posting. I have no idea how many Red Xng I done! A major blunder on my part. I dont even know how to fix what I have done. Please help if you will

Back in the 2000s When I did the top on my 65, I had to weld new sheet metal on the main bow and weld the second bow back together, it was broken on one side. Had an upholsrery shop install the new top.

Back in the 2000s When I did the top on my 65, I had to weld new sheet metal on the main bow and weld the second bow back together, it was broken on one side. Had an upholsrery shop install the new top.
Sounds like you had unspeakable things to do back then. I bought this Dart back in 2001. I've worked on it for years on and off till I got sick of it. I had my share of rust buckets. Now to old to enjoy. I just have little road blocks to finish the top. Can't seem to connect with the right person for answers. Does this bring back memories?

PICT0070.JPG

Sounds like you had unspeakable things to do back then. I bought this Dart back in 2001. I've worked on it for years on and off till I got sick of it. I had my share of rust buckets. Now to old to enjoy. I just have little road blocks to finish the top. Can't seem to connect with the right person for answers. Does this bring back memories?

View attachment 1716143074
That does bring back memories. Almost how the bowe looked when I was done with it. John, from John's auto upholstery in Longmont, CO did the fitting , stretching and shrinking to install the top, and made a well liner for it custom.

My car was from a salt state, not a total rust bucket, but was a leaky Convertible for a number of years in the 80s. Still have floors yet to replace at some point.

Installed new front axle shafts and some rearend suspension parts on my wife daily. I also installed some new headlight assemblies. Have to keep the wife happy and safe!

Some before and after pics of headlights. I have been informed I have to black out the grill now!

20230916_154202.jpg

20230916_072024.jpg

20230916_154228.jpg

20230916_154217.jpg

20230916_072017.jpg

I put a diffuser and exhaust tips on for me, and a Sto-n-Sho license plate bracket for the pigs. I'll "forget" it in the back seat and see how long it takes that trooper to pull me over. (The reason for the bracket)

1000006000.jpg

1000006003.jpg

-
Back