What clutch fork with Lakewood scatter shield?

-
OMG! A "E" clip, why didn't I think of that! I have a few of those C clips and hate'em for the linkage set up.

Dude, I'm tellin ya, they work freaking awesome even without the groove cut into the stud to ride in.
I had my Wife work the clutch pedal like don Garlits and that thing did not move a red pube hair, lovin it thanks to the guy at Napa for the suggestion.

I love the stock clips when they are new and pop right into placE, BUT if they get distorted, you might as well cross your fingers and hope they don't fall out going down the road.

I got a spare E-clip I am keeping in my tool box for a rainy day.

Word of advice on those Lakewood scatter shields.

Check the bearing retainer on your transmission where it fit's into the shield. There are 3 different sizes, the largest (that will not fit the scatter shield...) is for the overdrive unit. Then there is a small retainer, that requires a spacer ring, and the middle sized retainer, that drops right into the Lakewood unit. I had to buy the middle sized bearing retainer from Brewers or Passon, I forget which, but both sell them.

BTW: Great tip on the E clip! I hate those factory clips....

here mine installed

P1011613.jpg

P1011614.jpg

P1011615.jpg

Thanks for the tip fastback340, i read about that on the lakewood site, but I got a billet retainer from Brewers, not cheap, hopefully it would fit.

Look at all that room alsdemon, glad you did not have the headers on, what a beeatch that is all together with the pipes on.
That's what I played with today, not fun, not fun.

spaz, excuse my ignorance, but you think you could snap a pic of one of these e-clips? i myself have never really felt too confident in the factory clip system and the slop in the linkage in general, so if they work better that would be awesome

spaz, excuse my ignorance, but you think you could snap a pic of one of these e-clips? i myself have never really felt too confident in the factory clip system and the slop in the linkage in general, so if they work better that would be awesome

Everyone calls them something different.

e_clip.jpg

These usualy sit in a groove so it can snap in and relax, but the right diameter clip will snap right on with a tight, spring loaded hold and won't budge.

I really like these clips also which is what I was looking for at the auto parts joint, but they did not have them.
Ultimately I would like to try these as well and see how they do.

I messed with plenty of these with Mercedes shift linkage rods and they are really, really bad *** clips that never come off.
You can get them off with pliers but a special tool makes it real easy.

Once they slide onto the round face of the stud through a square hole, the outter shell of the clip clamps down around the hole and snaps into place.

You just push them on and hear them snap into place and never have to worry about them coming off.
In many cases, rubber bushings will wear out and these clips are still holding fast even with tons of slop in the shift linkage from a deteriorated bushing.

automatic_transmission_shift_link_c.jpg

clip.jpg

alot less bs I'm sure, I have thought about it.

really? i love the z-bar setup, simple and it works...hear too much badluck with hydraulic setups, leaking, etc...more money and more pita it seems to me...the z-bar may need more maintenance/checking up on, but it works lol

really? i love the z-bar setup, simple and it works...hear too much badluck with hydraulic setups, leaking, etc...more money and more pita it seems to me...the z-bar may need more maintenance/checking up on, but it works lol

Depends on who you talk to, and what system they are using.
I have heard both good and bad, but definitely sticking with what I have.

-
Back