What is it with ebay threads in the for sale section???

-
Then the suggestion section should be removed if people are going to be squelched for throwing out ideas. People who sell things here regularly see their ads fall to the bottom or the next page really quickly when the Ebay feeds come up. I take nothing away from the site being a damned fine one and being free. Yall run a great site, no doubt. But it sure as hell would be nice not to me met with a damned brick wall with every suggestion. I'll be damned if I'm gonna make any more.

Then the suggestion section should be removed if people are going to be squelched for throwing out ideas. People who sell things here regularly see their ads fall to the bottom or the next page really quickly when the Ebay feeds come up. I take nothing away from the site being a damned fine one and being free. Yall run a great site, no doubt. But it sure as hell would be nice not to me met with a damned brick wall with every suggestion. I'll be damned if I'm gonna make any more.
Not squelching any one, the posts that were cleaned up were just gibberish and in no way helpful to this thread, that is of course unless you count mnjhygfj[nammnbgyupsn njnggyhug as helpful, which if that is the case you have bigger worries then Ebay ads clogging things up. I agree that seeing them in the droves that they appear as is frustrating.......but if it helps pay the bills.....What I meant is that if you have nothing to contribute to a thread of this nature than don't contribute. Throwing out a bunch of childish bs like this "fgsnwjk;fgh;sjkdfbh" is not really very helpful. And that is a cut & paste right from one of the edited posts......
Say what you need to say, don't post the above several times in an attempt to get a thread closed.......

Not squelching any one, the posts that were cleaned up were just gibberish and in no way helpful to this thread, that is of course unless you count mnjhygfj[nammnbgyupsn njnggyhug as helpful, which if that is the case you have bigger worries then Ebay ads clogging things up. I agree that seeing them in the droves that they appear as is frustrating.......but if it helps pay the bills.....What I meant is that if you have nothing to contribute to a thread of this nature than don't contribute. Throwing out a bunch of childish bs like this "fgsnwjk;fgh;sjkdfbh" is not really very helpful. And that is a cut & paste right from one of the edited posts......
Say what you need to say, don't post the above several times in an attempt to get a thread closed.......

I wasn't talking about removing the jibberish. I meant that the legit complaints are being met with less than welcomeing responses. I would figure "customer feedback" would be appreciated.

I wasn't talking about removing the jibberish. I meant that the legit complaints are being met with less than welcomeing responses. I would figure "customer feedback" would be appreciated.
Sorry I misunderstood you.......

Hope about ,we just get rid of the General Discussion thread but that would be counter productive for need prayers and stuff...
I'd be in favor of that as well, or at least some type of non-prayer / non-post your death in the family clause.

Now ,How about back to more important things and maybe some MOPAR discussions...
Thanks for proving my point for for me.

I'd be in favor of that as well, or at least some type of non-prayer / non-post your death in the family clause.

Thanks for proving my point for for me.
Hope you are not suggesting that we start chasing any thread that is non car related.........

I read through every page of this "discussion" and I do put quotations around that because that is a big stretch. Seems like all it takes is for one person to complain and everybody jumps in. I agree they are annoying, but then again so are some of the members here and you all still come around anyways. If you could put a sticker on your car and get free gas would you do it? Of course it helps you out just as ads help out the site. If you guys can come up with a solution to the ads and still bring in the same amount of money for the site while maintaining the sites no membership fee then post it up. Otherwise just stop bitching. If it wasn't for this site and a couple others I would have gone crazy over here a long time ago. This site is by far one of my favorite sites on the interwebs that I frequent and there are about 20 others that I am a member of. If you think we have an ad problem here go to one of the other www."insert car name" forumz.com and check them out. Peace out

So because FABO is a great site, we shouldn't speak our opinions on our dislikes or have to get ridiculed for doing so? :wack:

my only complaint was that the adds by members get bumped off the first page by the 6 or 8 feeds that pop up at a time. no big deal , its not going to change anything in my life. i am grateful the adds are free. the subject was brought up and i voiced my opinion on it. i wouldnt go out of my way to start a thread on it. clearly this has been brought before. i think what people were looking for is just a simple understanding and purpose of the ebay feeds and their relation to the site.....

Some people just got to *****. If it wasn't eBay it would be something else. Take things in stride. The world don't revolve around your whims.

The core issue is that their parts in the For Sale ads aren't selling. There HAS to be some reason ... and it must be those blasted eBay ads.

X3
Hope about ,we just get rid of the General Discussion thread but that would be counter productive for need prayers and stuff...
Now ,How about back to more important things and maybe some MOPAR discussions...
I might not be in a very good mood just got raped by Uncle Sam and was thinking if I owned this site I would not be qualified I would need a degree in patience and would have to have run a successful baby sitting job or day care chain....BOO HOO
I,m taking abit of offence to this response(prayers needed,other important things?)as I recently started a thread for prayers needed for my dying mother(RIP)Starting a thread asking for prayers saved me from PMing many members/friends and helped me through the tough times.Sometime we have to drop our daily duties to concentrate on lifes courses.One day you will need prayers also and will be here asking for them.Sorry for off-topic rant.

maybe make a "preimum" sale option where you pay any you ad stays on the first page for so may days.

Nice concept, probably rotten in execution.

Last thing I want to see is the same overpriced crap sit on the front page, THAT would be more annoying than the e-bay feeds!

The core issue is that their parts in the For Sale ads aren't selling. There HAS to be some reason ... and it must be those blasted eBay ads.
Not necessarily.
When I list something for sale, you can bet it includes an accurate description and a reasonable price so it sells quickly.

That being said, I buy thirty or more parts for every one I decide to sell.

I still find the eBay feed annoying when thumbing through the classified section.

I have voiced my opinion, others have voiced theirs. Some have done so using tact and some have chose a different route.
It takes all kinds, opinions, and viewpoints.

God bless America!

I tried to buy one of those manuals off of an ebay feed. They send a message that the part is on the way three weeks ago....still not here. I won't buy off of ebay again.

I ignore the feeds and don't pay attention to them.

Fool me once....

Or as stated below, it cost me $20 to get rid of ebay... It's worth it...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAuSTQUa3tM"]A Bronx Tale - 20 Bucks - YouTube[/ame]

Ok folks.....and perhaps a few children......while I originally closed this I decided to clean it up & re-open it. If a certain couple of individuals persist in there antics perhaps they will be placed in a "time-out"......consider this your first and final warning shot......in the future if you have a problem with threads of this nature may I suggest just looking the other way, perhaps asking a Staff Member, in a mature fashion, to close it, or maybe even just post that it should be closed and then LEAVE IT ALONE
BUT Idont wanta ... Pouting face ..... Bwhahahahahaha Oh well back to ur thread to keep it at the top see ya soon ink

You have to admit it's getting worse around here,,,, like the word radiator used to not be "linked" when someone typed it in a post. I hate going on forums that link words and geezz my favorite site on the planet started it!!

I mean.... when is enough... enough?

A site that has paying members still has to put up ebay links, linked words,, etc... ???

And where's my damn hat? lol

Yeah. I don't like the links in my posts either. Ebay feeds are probably a necessary evil. They are annoying though.

there are many different opinions about this thread. Everyone has a right to voice it too.

-
Back