What is the one thing at work you hate more than anything?

-
There's a guy I work with. Whistles maniacally. To everything. Even the commercials. Off tempo, adds in his own improvisation. Whistles guitar solos. He sings too. Off key, too high, wrong lyrics, starts singing the second he recognizes the tune. He has on several occasions sung the lyrics of one song to the tune of another. It's like 12 years of daily bad karaoke....

IN general.... managers that have been promoted FAR beyond their capability and the cascade effect when those managers promote idiots like themselves.
I have worked for some damn fine managers/directors, guys that REALLY knew what they were talking about and had a grip on reality and overall strategic direction and who were able to communicate that direction IN ANY direction to get the job done. WHich is why LAMERS flatbackers and kneelers make me puke!!!

I do not like the long hours but being self employed and a one man operation means that I have to get everything done. Some days are worse than others but I am determined to make my business work. So I keep at it,that's how I roll!!

I throw butts out the window.

Me to, I just figure I'm putting it back where it came from, you know paper/tobacco/asbestos.:toothy10:

What really pisses me off is employers (and others, you know who you are) who think they can micro manage my life like they all know what's good for me. Like people against smokers. It ain't illegal so piss off and get out of my life. If I want your opinion I'll ask for it.

I do not like the long hours but being self employed and a one man operation means that I have to get everything done. Some days are worse than others but I am determined to make my business work. So I keep at it,that's how I roll!!

Don't you hate it when your boss is a dick?

I despise :

- Sandbaggers ( those whom purposely drag their *** and make others have to pick up the slack )
- White Collar Honkies ( the " I-have-a-management-degree-and-zero-experience " types )
- 200,000 + miles on the mal-maintained vehicles ( REALLY bad when you work for an auto parts store !!! )
- Being short-handed ( I'm sorry ... a multi-million-dollar company CAN afford to hire help !!!! )
- Working on Sunday ( because some ***-hat-sandbagger complained that he had to work Sundays ; called H.R. , whom in turn called the manager of the store , telling him to split Sundays . I'll refer-back to 'White Collar Honkies' for the synopsis ... )
- Dealing with the public ( I already have a problem with 99% of society anyhow )
- Dealing with **** heads on the road ( I drive around 160 miles a day in L.A.-type traffic )

Things I Like :

- Great medical benefits
- huge discount on parts
- waterless urinals ( oh , wait ... that's called a "sink" ! )

what i hate:
working for a company that says they care about the employees but treat you like a number
favoritism...
worrying about quantity over quality then bitchin about the quality
working evenings 2pm till 11pm (it has some pros and cons)
working on cars like an assembly line

What i like:
40+ workweek
weekends off (pretty rare in the automotive field in Northern VA)
heat and ac shop
actually having a job.
union-like benefits without paying a union to get them.

I hate all the drama generated in a work situation that is mostly women. I work in the ER and the amount of drama and pure bullshit is unbelievable. Do not get a job in a situation where there are a lot of bossy, high strung women.

I'm gonna post the same thing in both work threads. The weather!

I love my job when it's 75 and sunny, radio blastin', wearin shorts and a T shirt, and workin away!!

Tomorrow, it will be 2 degrees and windy when I leave the house...

I hate when I have to crawl under some secretaries desk to repair her telephone or data jack when its mini-skirt day at the office. :p

I retired once. My wife said I was making her crazy, and told me to find a job, so I started a company. I like what I do, I like the people who work for me, and I enjoy dealing with the customers, suppliers, and everyone else. So, if I had to chose something about my job that I "hate", it would have to be those times when we're between jobs.

Managers who demean employees. Get over yourself, the reason you're a manager is you couldn't do my job.

I hate watching the select few individuals stir up trouble. It's bewildering that management will watch these people waste more time figuring how to get out of work than actually working!!! It makes me have more work, which in a sense is job security I suppose.

Dealing with inconsiderate Aholes on the commute there and back. Knowing their are sniviling whineing,people who are rageing at me cause I just flicked a butt out the window. Not allowed to smoke on a construction jobsite whe its mostly open to the elements, but it`s perfectly ok to fire up a 2cycle cutoff saw and cloud up the whole building with nasty exhaust and killer superfine, block and concrete dust, while labors sweep/and make airborn, said dust combined with killer fire proofing dust along with insulation dust. And its ok to cloud the whole building with welding smoke??WTF:angry7: Haveing to listen to foreign language all day, makeing me feel like I`m in another country, and dealing with there lack of respect for peoples property. Just this past friday a beaneata' parked his wheelbarrow full of morter right beside my rig truck and proceeded to splat it all over my truck, when he had a 30x50' area to do this:angry7: And the general superntendant, when I asked if the masons were under him. He responded, everyones under me. I`m GOD. He tells me this twice and said he`ll jump some **** for me. Really? I`m GOD?:angry7: I could go on and on, but thats enough bitchin for now, after all the man said ONE thing.8)

Hate it when people don't pay there invoices,specially the big corps.Only other thing i guess is when I have to work on an outside door and it -35*. Otherwise I like my job,it's my company and I been doing it for 36 years. 8)

-
Back