What PARTS did Hurst and Chrysler put in the Super Stock Barracuda & Dart not in other factory cars

-

davescuda

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What PARTS did Hurst and Chrysler put in the Super Stock Barracuda & Dart not in other factory cars.
Lets make a list of these parts
1 Hemi K frame
2 K frame spacers

Okay SS guys let us know what you know.

Gonna be a long list.
Acid dipped doors with seatbelt lifted lightweight corning glass.

Gonna be a long list.
Acid dipped doors with seatbelt lifted lightweight corning glass.
Yes but a very cool list
1 Hemi K frame
2 K frame spacers
3 acid dipped doors
4 seat belted front side windows
5 light weight corning glass

everybody please try to keep the list updated

I believe the battery & its tray were one-off pieces. And I'm not sure, but I don't think the Danas were "stock" B-body items, either and no other A-body I know of had a Dana under it. Come to think of it, the converters & auto shifters weren't production either. And weren't the A-arms in later ones different too?

front brake rotors 4 1/2 large bolt pattern on small bolt spindles from what I have been told

all side glass was thin light weight
front bumper was acid dipped
fiberglass front fender
fiber glass Hemi hood

all side glass was thin light weight
front bumper was acid dipped
fiberglass front fender
fiber glass Hemi hood

Good thread davescuda. Lets leave no question mark left when we are done :)
I believe front bumper was stamped thin steel. Same gauge as body panel... Someone?
Speaking of rear end. Leaf springs, front hangers and rear shackles were special for these cars.

some corrections made

1 Hemi K frame
2 K frame spacers
3 acid dipped doors
4 light weight side glass
5 seat belted front side glass
6 battery
7 battery tray
8 A body Dana not a B body one
9 torque converter
10 Hurst automatic shifter, console and cable and bracket mounted offset on the tunnel
11Hurst 4 speed shifter, rods, levers, boot, ring and mounting plate
12 front brake rotors and hub 4 1/2 bolt pattern on small bolt spindle
13 front bumper stamp thin light weight
14 fiberglass fenders
15 fiberglass Hemi hood
16 special front seats not a 100 seats
17 sticker in the door jam not street legal
18 rear leaf springs, shackles and hangers
19 Blue coil (manufacture?)
20 hooker headers

The SS list, any correction will be made as we go.

Last edited:
Hood pins
Master cylinder relocation block
18 spline Red stripe gears used in 4-speed
Steel safety belhousing
Reverse lock out
Adjustable pinion snubber
glass packs

front brake rotors 4 1/2 large bolt pattern on small bolt spindles from what I have been told
Actually Dave, the rotors were standard A Body pieces drilled for the 4 1/2" bolt pattern, with 1/2" RH studs instead of th 4"
7/16"LH & RH pattern. Don't forget the radio and heater delete plates, the outside mirror delete, and the pass side fresh air duct.

exhaust with collectors

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

Actually Dave, the rotors were standard A Body pieces drilled for the 4 1/2" bolt pattern, with 1/2" RH studs instead of th 4"
7/16"LH & RH pattern. Don't forget the radio and heater delete plates, the outside mirror delete, and the pass side fresh air duct.

Correct on the rotors, only on these cars. I just said it different
Radio and heater delete were on production line cars

aluminum water pump housing
front seat tracks
rear window brackets to keep the window up
speedo plug on trans (I did not know this)

cross ram intake
special super stock 727

Last edited:
Let's make this simple...........The Authentication Guide has a list of parts specific to the cars, so you'd see first-hand all the stuff that's different......

Let's make this simple...........The Authentication Guide has a list of parts specific to the cars, so you'd see first-hand all the stuff that's different......

Not everything in that book is correct. I talked to Jim my self he said Only 4 pictures in that book of the dart are when it was new. Like the fan picture in the book is not correct, he said he just took a picture something close. Also some part numbers are wrong. We talk about the book a lot. I like to see what people come up here.

Pass fresh air duct was used on heater delete cars sold in Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and South America.

"
some corrections made

1 Hemi K frame
2 K frame spacers
3 acid dipped doors
4 light weight side glass
5 seat belted front side glass
6 battery
7 battery tray
8 A body Dana not a B body one
9 torque converter
10 Hurst automatic shifter, console and cable and bracket mounted offset on the tunnel
11Hurst 4 speed shifter, rods, levers, boot, ring and mounting plate
12 front brake rotors and hub 4 1/2 bolt pattern on small bolt spindle
13 front bumper stamp thin light weight
14 fiberglass fenders
15 fiberglass Hemi hood
16 special front seats not a 100 seats
17 sticker in the door jam not street legal
18 rear leaf springs, shackles and hangers
19 Blue coil (manufacture?)
20 hooker headers

The SS list, any correction will be made as we go.

Are you sure the doors were acid dipped and not stamped of thinner steel sheet like the bumper??

And shouldn't that be a "B-body Dana not an A-body one". A-body Dana didn't exist at that time and would have required different rims than the 8 3/4 cars with B-body width rears.

Is the outside mirror delete a production piece used on other cars? Those cars would have to be sold out of this country for a place that did not require mirrors.

Aren't the offset shackles just a van pieces?

Was the crossram, water pump housing, speedo plug also used on 65 and/or 64 Hemi cars?

How about the rubber hoses on the master cyl lines? Did they come from Hurst like that or were they added later on by racers?

The rubber hoses were installed at Hurst. Make it easier to remove the master cylinder every time you wanted to remove drivers side valve cover. Interesting find after reviewing an original Hemi Dart, the front bumper brackets have the same part number as stock but have been stamped with material half the thickness as stock ones.

does anyone know what the seat frames looked like , special light weight ones ? and are they from the earlier max wedge cars . and there would have been a difference in speedo trans plugs from the early 62 - 65 are cable shifter type with smaller speedo opening .

The early A 990 hemi cars and the 1968 hemi "A" bodies all used the seats from the A 100 work van/truck. The were factory cheap and lightweight without tilting backs. Search A 100 van seats for photos. They have low backs on them.

-
Back