What PARTS did Hurst and Chrysler put in the Super Stock Barracuda & Dart not in other factory cars

-
I was told they were bent stock parts and then reheat treated. After many of the cars were delivered to the racers they were givin spacers that went between the lower control arms and the bumper. It was thought this would help with bump steer...it did not.

I was told that the first sets of glass was to thin and braking, (a recall) and they were sent new class?
Anybody else hear this?

I never heard that but Bill Bagshaw told me that one day he closed the door on his Dart and the door glass exploded into a million pieces.

well some times when people remember stuff , its always bigger , longer , faster , and it had a hemi ! lol ;)

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was" lol

Well maybe wrong thread, but what the heck...
I saw a picture of the engine compartment of Castaldo´s Dart on FB somewhere. Apparently taken when he picked up the car. It had the very same looking air cleaners on it, as we see here on the engine of Bagshaw´s Dart.
This make me draw the conclusion, these air cleaners were put on by Hurst.
Could be I´m the only one who didn´t knew… but still…
red light bandit.jpg

reverse bracket looks like it could bend at the line , backing up after the burnout .

I have a magazine article that indicates they came with a single air shock on the right rear only.

Did the parts that were put on these cars attached to an OEM number? In other words if you broke up a superstock hood up could you order a replacement from the dealer?

Thanks,
JW

Did the parts that were put on these cars attached to an OEM number? In other words if you broke up a superstock hood up could you order a replacement from the dealer?

Thanks,
JW
Yes you could buy a hood. I am just not sure from dealer.

aluminum water pump housing
front seat tracks
rear window brackets to keep the window up
speedo plug on trans (I did not know this)
did the AL water pump have a little square reservoir bolted on top?

Anyone on Fabo that may have that info?

Thanks,
JW

Well according to Jim Schild in his SS Guide, these parts had a PN. So yes a good guess would be you could order them from any dealer.
Try PN 2836900 for a scooped hood to your Barracuda, or -901 for your Dart...

Did Hurst stamp all the parts that they but on these cars?
As we are restoring Tom Myl's car we are finding numbers on the original parts hurst installed on the car and on other parts that we bought from other original cars.

I think this is another mistake in Jim Schild book
This is regarding the fan on these cars.
The book has a part number of 2585375 but has a picture of the fan that is different (I think is the right fan just the wrong part number) that part number is 2585376. I have a clutch and fan that I have and was told it can of a real SS car. The first two pictures is the fan 375 and the next one is the 376 fan and the 070 clutch.

36C1E724-0A21-4ECC-9F72-6C549B225047.png

411D3761-9437-4D72-BB1A-7A043C860C65.png

8A1A5AF5-65F0-47D4-9258-678D74AB308C.jpeg

811D7E8C-809C-43BB-B205-0F9B53F184E8.jpeg

-
Back