What's up with Classic and Legendary ..?

-
do you guys expect that Legendary will be having a sale soon, if so when? Memorial Day?

Completely agree, I / we have become spoiled with the normally, super fast delivery of just about anything we want. I will wait, and probably be even that much more grateful when my "stuff" does finally filter in. Just having a moment right now because I spent almost 30 minutes on hold to be told my stuff isn't being shipped in the time they told me it would be and couldn't offer any time frame.

These are challenging times. I am waiting for a guitar I ordered about 8 weeks ago, supposed to finally ship this week, but not any word yet. To add insult to injury, I originally ordered mid-January and received it early March. It had issues and had to return it, so waiting for the replacement.

I get your frustration LOL. I too will be more grateful when it gets here.

Did you order the hardboard headliner? Once you get it let me know how the quality is.

Did you order the hardboard headliner? Once you get it let me know how the quality is.

Screenshot_20210514-210941~2.png

Here’s the skinny on building a car during these times... don’t hesitate if you want it. And when you hear a ridiculous sounding timeline... place your order and sit back... I waited 4 or 5 months for a dash pad and thought when I ordered it that I was going to get to that part of the car in January... I have had the dash pad two months and I am still not to the point I need it... lol

If you place an order and stick it out, before you know it... your part will arrive. If I had said “I am not ordering TTI headers because it’s a 6 week lead time”, I would not be sitting here 7 weeks from that moment working out how to get everything to fit around those same headers I ordered that day... be patient... find another part of the car to work on. I started buying parts the day I brought my Duster home in November, and aside from the surprise issues that I have had to buy for along the way, I have been buying whenever I see items in stock I think I want for the car or just saying “Put me on the wait list” and so far the results are I have all the parts I need... I think this time lol.

Oh, actually nope, I need rear seat upolstery in black for 1972 Duster... and I bought PUI to match the already done front seats with a lead time of 20 weeks Or so like 6 weeks ago. So the rear seat I never plan to sit in will be the wrong stitch pattern of black until later this year... uhm... who cares, at least that doesn’t stop me from enjoying the car if I get it back together this month lol.

Yes I know, my interior, heck, whole car is a mix match of aftermarket parts and original parts and to be honest, it is a driver quality rebuild in my case, that I am trying to get the best quality I can find And cut few corners... oh, the car could use quarter panels and rockers, but I am going to ignore that LOL.

As being directly involved in the manufacturing and supplying of parts to the restoration market, nothing within the market place has not been touched. With each and every delivery of the components that we may need, we are facing either back orders, no longer available and if shipped; a 7 to 350% increase in price since the last order. I do not see it getting any better either for the market place.

As a distributor for the ACC product line, I was talking with our rep and was told that they are over 30,000 units on back order. Being that we are located in the carpet capital of the world, many of the carpet mills are still producing product for protective equipment and still unable to get some of the raw material to turn out the bulk carpet.

I phone in orders two to three times a week to ACC. Prior to Covid, the orders would ship within 36 hours of placing the order. Currently, unless the carpet kit is a special request color, the order is shipping within three to four days which I can live with and the customers are ok with that time frame.

Still waiting on Procar seats that I ordered a month and a half ago. Tracker says not shipped yet.

Every industry has been hit due to the covid crap. I'm heavily into the dirt bike world and delays or availability on parts is ridiculous. One buddy waited over 3 months for a silencer (a muffler for you non-2T non-dirt bikers). Tires, filters, exhaust, etc. are difficult or impossible to get right now.

I just ordered 18 k worth of parts from classic....88 cartons...all delivered within a week to my shipper for export to Oz...
Yes there were shortages of some stuff but im happy with what I could get in the time frame I had ...
Also had to ring a few times to confirm ship dates etc and had pleasant experiences every time I rang

As a distributor for the ACC product line, I was talking with our rep and was told that they are over 30,000 units on back order.

We have about that many guitars on backorder right now. The company is doubling the size of the production facilities here to try to catch up. Represents some $6M in unmade guitars.

I placed an order with Legendary a couple of weeks ago. Got my seat foam already...They stated that the upholstery would be around 180 day or something like that. I ordered now because I am not near that part of the car build, yet. I've got so much going on with the car this year as well as building a second garage. If the upholstery doesn't make it here until early next year, we'll be fine...

I think it's our own fault. When Covid hit and it looked like I'd be stuck at home for awhile, I pulled out a project car that had been sitting for 9 years and got to work... me and a blue billion other gearheads all had the same idea. I've been waiting for a new supplier for channel run window seals since the only place making them went out of business due to the pandemic. I've never seen so much progress on cars in our local Mopar club, ever. Demand is up while a whole host of things go wrong on the supply end. Don't give up hope, the non-stock silver metallic door and rear panels for my Dart GT showed up last week from Legendary - now for the seat covers ordered at the same time...

I think it's our own fault. When Covid hit and it looked like I'd be stuck at home for awhile, I pulled out a project car that had been sitting for 9 years and got to work... me and a blue billion other gearheads all had the same idea. I've been waiting for a new supplier for channel run window seals since the only place making them went out of business due to the pandemic. I've never seen so much progress on cars in our local Mopar club, ever. Demand is up while a whole host of things go wrong on the supply end. Don't give up hope, the non-stock silver metallic door and rear panels for my Dart GT showed up last week from Legendary - now for the seat covers ordered at the same time...

I ordered a ton of stuff from Legendary a couple months ago...they're saying Sept or Oct before I get my seat covers.. and I should expect everything else close to then..however, the bucket seat backs in the same order only took a month.. I'd love to see some pix of your GT.

I’m a firearms dealer, my 27 years in business I’ve never seen it this bad can’t get **** for inventory, it is what it is we just have to ride it out.

Then... prices for everything goes UP and everyone will get their stuff and be glad to pay the high price!!!! Except if and when they sell their car, then noon will want to pay for it!!! Too high! ha
I just spray the floor and the inside of roof with Lizard Skin and drive the sucker!

I ordered from Classic a few months ago. They were up front about what was back ordered. They refunded me the amount that was for BO stuff. They charge my card as they ship.

LOTS of businesses will TAKE the entire amount of the order when placed. So, they have my money (and that of many others, which adds up) the entire time I'm waiting. I cancel orders from places that do that and tell them exactly why.

I ordered from Classic a few months ago. They were up front about what was back ordered. They refunded me the amount that was for BO stuff. They charge my card as they ship.

LOTS of businesses will TAKE the entire amount of the order when placed. So, they have my money (and that of many others, which adds up) the entire time I'm waiting. I cancel orders from places that do that and tell them exactly why.

Yep, Legendary has had my $$ from the day I ordered, yet all on backorder.. Classic has my payment info and as with you, will collect as shipped.

It is what it is there Fella!

I started a new 69' Cuda bumper to bumper build at just about the time that this Damn China Plague hit us and I've gone through everything from a 20 year job loss to waiting for parts of all types. My new "Black" carpet kit that I got about two months ago actually came from ACC in a couple of weeks..HA!

Roll Cage kit from Competition Engineering took a month and I'm now going on about FIVE MONTHS still waiting for my custom rear steelies from Wheel Vintiques.

LP-294-2.jpg

It is what it is there Fella!

I started a new 69' Cuda bumper to bumper build at just about the time that this Damn China Plague hit us and I've gone through everything from a 20 year job loss to waiting for parts of all types. My new "Black" carpet kit that I got about two months ago actually came from ACC in a couple of weeks..HA!

Roll Cage kit from Competition Engineering took a month and I'm now going on about FIVE MONTHS still waiting for my custom rear steelies from Wheel Vintiques.

View attachment 1715738205
Right on.. How's the ACC carpet..??

Right on.. How's the ACC carpet..??

It's just Great, I went with a traditional Loop Type and think it cost about 140 bucks to the door. I only got a Two Pc. kit since there's no rear seat and the car got caged. One caveat is that they won't sell any spare carpet at this time due to shortages and since I wanted the whole interior and tubs carpeted, buying an additional matching 3 yds from a local supplier actually cost me more ($250) than the front 2 pc molded section ...Go Figure!

Since there's deadener going down anyway I just went with this bonded type without the thick additional backing:

They sent me samples and just happen to have them still sitting on my desk, also included the deadener I used (Two boxes) which was the best value. No current pic of the completed interior and cars awaiting paint.
Kilmat.png
20210516_111005.jpg
20210516_111018.jpg
6.jpg
1.jpg

i just jumped onto the waiting game... placed big order from legendary.. dont need it now but i might as well order it now and it will be here when i need it... i still hate waiting... i ordered front and rear door panels for my duster project, i was a bit disappointed that the door clips are NOT included, gotta buy them separate, 1 dollar each.. need 40 of em..... ouch.. took advantage of the weekend sale.. saved over $300

i just jumped onto the waiting game... placed big order from legendary.. dont need it now but i might as well order it now and it will be here when i need it... i still hate waiting... i ordered front and rear door panels for my duster project, i was a bit disappointed that the door clips are NOT included, gotta buy them separate, 1 dollar each.. need 40 of em..... ouch.. took advantage of the weekend sale.. saved over $300
Did they contact you with how long the wait is?

-
Back