What's up with Classic and Legendary ..?

-
Not yet.... I assume that they will contact me tomorrow.. I’ll let you know what they say..Rich

so Lengendary just sent me an email... ONLY 196 day wait !!!!

We have about that many guitars on backorder right now. The company is doubling the size of the production facilities here to try to catch up. Represents some $6M in unmade guitars.

My guy at the local music chain store told me weeks ago that they are selling guitars faster than they can make them. I stopped in today and he checked and told my guitar will be shipped to the distribution center on the 23rd. That's the third time the date has been pushed back. At this point that will be 12-13 weeks from date of order, if it comes. Do you have insight on why they might keep pushing the dates back? People in the supply line making promises they can't keep, or....?? My guitar is coming from China.
On the other hand, I ordered a part from AMD for the Cuda, and had it in 3 days. Obviously it was an in stock part.

I tried to order door panels from Legendary they told me 28 weeks lead time!!! I called PG Classics they had them in stock and shipped the next day. I REALLY wanted the Legendary MADE IN USA stuff I just can't wait 6 months to put the car back together.
As for Classic industries I tried to order parking light lenses they were on back order for over 6 weeks and I finally cancelled my order Again called PG Classics "In Stock" I ordered them. Not Bitter just Not Waiting.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like those companies fail...? Can it REALLY take that long for some carpet..? A dash pad..? Really...?? Headliners...?? Seat covers...?? Shouldn't they have templates, or CAD or programs that could produce these items in a timely manner..? The wait is ridiculous...!! Yep, I'm bitter..lol
Try calling and using the online chat, every other day, happened to us 1969 Dart, when I turned the heat on, the carpet came within a week.

Try calling and using the online chat, every other day, happened to us 1969 Dart, when I turned the heat on, the carpet came within a week.
I've called a few times... A couple weeks ago I was asked if I wanted my dash pad shipped out even though all my other stuff wasn't in... I said of course, ship it.. A week goes by and I notice my status hasn't changed on the website so I call.. They apologize and said they made a mistake...that they had some come in but none were mine...

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like those companies fail...? Can it REALLY take that long for some carpet..? A dash pad..? Really...?? Headliners...?? Seat covers...?? Shouldn't they have templates, or CAD or programs that could produce these items in a timely manner..? The wait is ridiculous...!! Yep, I'm bitter..lol
I ordered new wheels from Coker Tire. Order confirmation said it would be 8-12 weeks. Called them yesterday to get a status update. They make their own wheels, and as they get made, they get shipped because there are a TON of backorders. They also said they are having a challenge getting raw materials. I also ordered new wheel rings as well. He said they just sent back a large supply of rings because they were inferior (had a yellow tinge to them). They had to change suppliers because parts are not meeting their standards. Getting industry cranked up again to the standards we expect with people willing to work will take awhile. I thanked the guy at Coker for doing all they can, and he thanked me because he has gotten so much guff from angry customers. I ordered an engine from Blueprint Engines back in early February. Expected ship date now first week of June (16 weeks). They ran out of camshafts, then Edelbrock heads. Everyone is feeling the pinch!

I tried to order door panels from Legendary they told me 28 weeks lead time!!! I called PG Classics they had them in stock and shipped the next day. I REALLY wanted the Legendary MADE IN USA stuff I just can't wait 6 months to put the car back together.
As for Classic industries I tried to order parking light lenses they were on back order for over 6 weeks and I finally cancelled my order Again called PG Classics "In Stock" I ordered them. Not Bitter just Not Waiting.
Was the PSG Stuff aesthetically correct? I remember checking them out and the door panels would work but they weren't 100 % correct looking

I ordered black front bucket and rear bench seat covers for my ‘67 Dart GT from Legendary a few weeks ago. It was online, so I wasn’t quoted a wait time or anything but I’ve been paying attention enough to expect it anyway. I got excited when I saw a shipment notification... and a dose of reality when I got a box with just the padding and installation kit lol.

It’s annoying but I try to keep things in perspective. I figure I still have my job, a healthy family and my own health. Some people I know personally aren’t so lucky. I’ll wait patiently for my seat covers.

Guys, it took over 5 months (20 weeks) for Duster door panels from Classic in early 2020....all car parts are in high demand....products in my business which usually take 7 to 10 working days out of California are now 4 to 8 weeks. Mopar suppliers are telling me certain items are up to a 6 month wait.... pre paid.......Patience is a virtue .....and you best plan ahead.

I am sure our countrie's businesses are in a backlog, but I also have to wonder, IF the workers are back at work or many just sitting on their *** and drawing unemloyment? Tx has joined other states in ending the extended gov unemployment $.
A bill n the Tx legislature to stop abortions as early as 6 weeks. Not here to argue the argument for or against it, but as time marshes on, I see people choosing which states to live and work based on the core values of life and of all of it. Never mind, this has nothing to do with getting seat covers and door panels.

I am sure our countrie's businesses are in a backlog, but I also have to wonder, IF the workers are back at work or many just sitting on their *** and drawing unemloyment? Tx has joined other states in ending the extended gov unemployment $.
A bill n the Tx legislature to stop abortions as early as 6 weeks. Not here to argue the argument for or against it, but as time marshes on, I see people choosing which states to live and work based on the core values of life and of all of it. Never mind, this has nothing to do with getting seat covers and door panels.
Well I can see that you are on to something. At the least there will be states where people want to work, and the businesses and services will be running on par. In states where people don't want to work, you'll have a hard time finding tire valve stems in a box auto parts store. Shelves wont be stocked, emplyee wont know what it is, manager wont care etc.

I pulled the panels out immediately and looked them over. They are a close enough match to the originals and made very well. It just so happens my rear panels are Legendary and they seem comparable to the PG Classics ones. I know the PG Classics are imported, they were over $100 cheaper for the set and In Stock which was the reason I ordered them. IF Legendary had them in stock OR a reasonable wait time I would have bought theirs.

My guy at the local music chain store told me weeks ago that they are selling guitars faster than they can make them. I stopped in today and he checked and told my guitar will be shipped to the distribution center on the 23rd. That's the third time the date has been pushed back. At this point that will be 12-13 weeks from date of order, if it comes. Do you have insight on why they might keep pushing the dates back? People in the supply line making promises they can't keep, or....?? My guitar is coming from China.
On the other hand, I ordered a part from AMD for the Cuda, and had it in 3 days. Obviously it was an in stock part.

Can't speak for what's happening in China but here supply issues are a problem too. Running out of tuners is a situation and it seems every week we have to hold a line of guitars until we get more in. Plus our production numbers are way up so we go through parts a lot faster than we used to.

Another problem is uglier. We can't keep people because the cost of housing has shot off to the stratosphere and they simply can't afford to live here any more. People from the coasts have ran away from the cities to live here believing it would be easier and safer and they're paying whatever the seller wants, so there are a lot of grossly overpriced properties here now. And people who are paying upwards of $500,000 for a house don't want to make guitars for a living. There's a pervading feeling around here that something's gotta give and I don't think it'll be pretty, or limited to this part of the country.

Sounds like what I'm going through with Firm Feel right now.
Ordered a rear sway bar. Was told 4 weeks. Sounded reasonable, so I went ahead with it. 4 weeks came and I called, was told it's gonna be another 3 weeks. Well, at that point, I can't do much about it so said okay.
3 weeks passed, I called again. Was told it's gonna be 2 more weeks. 2 more weeks passed and I noticed that they had taken the payment from my account. I thought great, that means it's shipping/shipped! A week later, no sway bar, so I call back. Again, was told 2 more weeks! Just insane.
Next Tuesday will be 12 weeks. Seems to me they shouldn't be taking my money before it's ready to ship.
Each time I called they did thank me for my patience though. So that's something, I guess.
I hope & pray they don't accidentally send me an E body sway bar and I have to go through this all again!

I saw today that Firm Feel took the shipping payment from my account. So, we'll see...

Can't speak for what's happening in China but here supply issues are a problem too. Running out of tuners is a situation and it seems every week we have to hold a line of guitars until we get more in. Plus our production numbers are way up so we go through parts a lot faster than we used to.

Another problem is uglier. We can't keep people because the cost of housing has shot off to the stratosphere and they simply can't afford to live here any more. People from the coasts have ran away from the cities to live here believing it would be easier and safer and they're paying whatever the seller wants, so there are a lot of grossly overpriced properties here now. And people who are paying upwards of $500,000 for a house don't want to make guitars for a living. There's a pervading feeling around here that something's gotta give and I don't think it'll be pretty, or limited to this part of the country.
Yeah, I am still waiting for my axe, and your comments about housing resonate here in the Charlotte area. Apartment complexes are going up here faster than I can count and home prices are escalated as well. If you don't make big money, forget it. Even apartment rental is out of reach for a lot of younger workers. A friend of ours put their place on the market to buy another, did it on a Sunday and had a contract on Wednesday, and so it goes. Is that your home town?

Do not despair!!! Today with no fanfare FedEx dumped a BIG box on my porch and there were the custom color 1970 Dart front bucket and rear bench seats for my Dart GT. They were ordered on 1/6/21 and arrived today (5/25/21). I did a close inspection and they are soooo beautiful. My wife picked Plum Crazy to paint this car so my previously hoarded green interior was out. In 70 most high option Darts had 2 tone seats with coachman grain dark color and light metallic color derma grain for the inserts - except for black interior which was two tone dark black and light black :))). Way too dark for a car built to drive around the country, mostly in the summer. So here you see my custom pick, well worth the wait. The factory door and rear panels are also in that same non-factory silver color. Carpets are medium gray and the rest factory black pieces. Pics when completed. Anybody into a complete (and I mean complete) 2 tone high trim interior in green?

DSC01602.JPG

Do not despair!!! Today with no fanfare FedEx dumped a BIG box on my porch and there were the custom color 1970 Dart front bucket and rear bench seats for my Dart GT. They were ordered on 1/6/21 and arrived today (5/25/21). I did a close inspection and they are soooo beautiful. My wife picked Plum Crazy to paint this car so my previously hoarded green interior was out. In 70 most high option Darts had 2 tone seats with coachman grain dark color and light metallic color derma grain for the inserts - except for black interior which was two tone dark black and light black :))). Way too dark for a car built to drive around the country, mostly in the summer. So here you see my custom pick, well worth the wait. The factory door and rear panels are also in that same non-factory silver color. Carpets are medium gray and the rest factory black pieces. Pics when completed. Anybody into a complete (and I mean complete) 2 tone high trim interior in green?

View attachment 1715742821
Pretty sweet looking..!

Is that your home town?

Nope. Started this trip in what is now called Greater North Chicagoland and spent the majority of my life about 45 min. north of Madison WI. Put on my exploring shoes back in 2005 (the humidity was killing me) and haven't looked back.

Nope. Started this trip in what is now called Greater North Chicagoland and spent the majority of my life about 45 min. north of Madison WI. Put on my exploring shoes back in 2005 (the humidity was killing me) and haven't looked back.
Good for you. Adventure is good for the soul, and low humidity is good for the health.

-
Back