Where is the GOLD??? WTH???

-
I've seen worse for 67-69 Barracuda parts.

I think there are a lot of newbies with these cars. They aren't very savvy.

That's why there is a such a sudden influx of people jumping on the bandwagon parting out 67-69 Barracudas to take advantage of somebody willing to pay $500 for window moldings.

I think supply and demand is catching up. I've recently seen some parts advertised at a typical higher asking price and the parts are not moving.

I just bought a pair of 68 Barracuda grilles at Fall Fling for $30. One was cracked missing some fin pieces. The other was cracked but just needed to be glued back. So not directly comparable to this non cracked $132 grille. But the one is an extremely easy repair.

Attachments

• Copy of IMG_2658.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 411
Same thing with aspen Volares, $500 for grills, window louvers, $300 for wheel flares, and $50+ for individual interior parts. Those cars were never T H A T valuable. I should sell all of the parts that I have and buy a complete Mopar.

besides the fact they repop those now

And it's a part that really doesn't get that beat up. Not like the alumimun grille surrounds or headlight bezels. The plastic grilles are way receased back in the grille.

But I think the repros are very pricey. I wonder if some just think that heck, it's less than half of a new one.

Could the price of a repro part make the used parts more valuable? That doesn't sound right to me.

I saw that very auction in the OP and it started out real low ...like 20 dollars when I first saw it ....when an item goes that high and generates that many bids ....I cant help but envision in my mind the seller's buddy bidding it up.

And it's a part that really doesn't get that beat up. Not like the alumimun grille surrounds or headlight bezels. The plastic grilles are way receased back in the grille.

But I think the repros are very pricey. I wonder if some just think that heck, it's less than half of a new one.

Could the price of a repro part make the used parts more valuable? That doesn't sound right to me.

i think it makes NOS stuff worth more. Repoped X part is worth 100 bucks. An NOS part (to the right person) is now worth more (assuming it wasn't already more than that).

I saw that very auction in the OP and it started out real low ...like 20 dollars when I first saw it ....when an item goes that high and generates that many bids ....I cant help but envision in my mind the seller's buddy bidding it up.

Very well could have been shill bidding. Time will tell if it was an actual sale or if it will be relisted in the future.

If a buddy just got into a bidding war with a actual live buyer...and the actual live buyer won the auction... it's a real sale. Emotions may have got to the buyer.

One sale on ebay does not dictate the going market of a part.

i think it makes NOS stuff worth more. Repoped X part is worth 100 bucks. An NOS part (to the right person) is now worth more (assuming it wasn't already more than that).

I can see that.

Shame when a repro part comes out and it's priced more than the going rate of a NOS part. But it does happen.

Here are a couple of surrounds that sold from the seller above. No extra charge for the rust or broken studs.

Attachments

• uuuuuuuuuu.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 308
Man I am glad I collected mine before things went nuts on prices.

Very hard pressed to polish/paint/restore even an undented $220 bare surround, then add painted/restored grille insert and add good chrome grille surrount for an additional $416 for a total of $636. I can make the $220 surround look like the restored one, but it would take me an easy 10-12 hours of sanding/polishing/masking/painting/stud repairing/assembling etc EACH surround. And that's starting with an undented surround.

Of course many buyers of the $220/ea surrounds would just clean it up and run it on their car without a full part restoration. Nothing wrong with that.

It's take a lot of time to straighten these out.

Attachments

• Copy (2) of RHGrillsSurroundA_Pic03.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 280
Years ago a 68 was over $5000 for the chrome and trim and the glass. I would get them and it was a guaranteed money and I had the rest of the car to do what I wanted with. Sold and traded many to the same person here in Pa. He didn't want the fenders. hood or drive train. Just the Dash trim and title. 68 Cuda FB parts are the highest turn around A-body parts. Just the way it is.

If you like A-bodies the Hemi Cudas are always your dream. Some will pay big bucks for the OEM parts they want. Including myself.

I have Dusters and Demons. They are affordable and consisted of graphics not high dollar trim. But wouldn't mind having the right FB.

Parts are getting even more scarce for the 67-69 valiants. And they are not repopping them. Watch those prices climb even higher now that they are being noticed as little boxy light weight racers . They are starting to get pretty sought after.

I've seen worse for 67-69 Barracuda parts.

I think there are a lot of newbies with these cars. They aren't very savvy.

That's why there is a such a sudden influx of people jumping on the bandwagon parting out 67-69 Barracudas to take advantage of somebody willing to pay $500 for window moldings.

I think supply and demand is catching up. I've recently seen some parts advertised at a typical higher asking price and the parts are not moving.

I just bought a pair of 68 Barracuda grilles at Fall Fling for $30. One was cracked missing some fin pieces. The other was cracked but just needed to be glued back. So not directly comparable to this non cracked $132 grille. But the one is an extremely easy repair.

I agree with the people trying to make a quick buck by parting these out. I bought my stainless notchback back window mouldings for $100 from another member. Theres a guy on this list in michigan who bought a clean rust free arkansas cuda notch, and parted it out. This thing was in better shape than what im trying to piece together. He wants $500 for the rear window mouldings. I wish i found that notch instead of him finding it. He ruined a perfectly good project car.

I agree with the people trying to make a quick buck by parting these out. I bought my stainless notchback back window mouldings for $100 from another member. Theres a guy on this list in michigan who bought a clean rust free arkansas cuda notch, and parted it out. This thing was in better shape than what im trying to piece together. He wants $500 for the rear window mouldings. I wish i found that notch instead of him finding it. He ruined a perfectly good project car.[/QUOTE]

That was pretty sad and I guess he had the rest hauled off to the scrapper by now.

Attachments

• ppppppppppppppppp.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 230
When I was parting these cars was 20 + years ago now any car that has a title and good frames should be kept whole.

Years ago a 68 was over $5000 for the chrome and trim and the glass. I would get them and it was a guaranteed money and I had the rest of the car to do what I wanted with. Sold and traded many to the same person here in Pa. He didn't want the fenders. hood or drive train. Just the Dash trim and title. 68 Cuda FB parts are the highest turn around A-body parts. Just the way it is.

If you like A-bodies the Hemi Cudas are always your dream. Some will pay big bucks for the OEM parts they want. Including myself.

I have Dusters and Demons. They are affordable and consisted of graphics not high dollar trim. But wouldn't mind having the right FB.

....clip...

Very true. The there is a lot of unique trim to a 67-69 Barracuda AND it's often in places were it's easily damaged.

What's the weird thing is, a 68 340-S fastback is worth about the same as 71 Duster 340 or Demon 340 with similar desirable paint color. And there are colors offered in 1971 340 cars that were not even available in 1968 and there are 1971 color that are more desirable than any 1968 color. That goes for 1971 graphics, wings, scoops in addition too.

And I think 1968 and 1969 Dart 340 GTS's are worth about the same as a 1968 or 1969 Barracuda 340-S or 69 340 non-S.

I agree with the people trying to make a quick buck by parting these out. I bought my stainless notchback back window mouldings for $100 from another member. Theres a guy on this list in michigan who bought a clean rust free arkansas cuda notch, and parted it out. This thing was in better shape than what im trying to piece together. He wants $500 for the rear window mouldings. I wish i found that notch instead of him finding it. He ruined a perfectly good project car.[/QUOTE]

That was pretty sad and I guess he had the rest hauled off to the scrapper by now.

I meant to say i DONT agree with people trying to make a quick buck on these cars by parting them out. I wrote my original post off my smart phone. Small screen and all, my original post was a typo error. I went thru the parts cars section, and was sick over the nice vintage cudas in much better shape than what i started with being parted out. The one cuda i mentioned was ownef by a guy who goes by the name Whodacudaman. I was sick when i saw it was getting parted out. Look at the pix i have posted of my 67 on fabo. As you can see it is/was in much worse shape than many of the cars being parted out, yet i am trying to save it. Just want to clarify things a bit.

i sent him a PM and called him Whodajackass. i guess it pissed him off, he PMed me back telling me "F@@KOFF BOY" LOL what an Ahole

When I was parting these cars was 20 + years ago now any car that has a title and good frames should be kept whole.

I think the reason people are trying to make a quick buck is for several reasons. 1 the economy is ****, jobs are hard to find but some people still have money to burn on this stuff so its quick cash. 2 some of these guys either dont know any better, or just dont care how many of these are even left. I agree cars with clear titles, and solid frames should be saved. Although i wish i could find a nice straight notchback in my area of the country. Its probably not gonna happen, in that case i will buy the parts i need to restore what i have from the people parting these cars out. I know its sucky, it really is, but it is what it is, and theres stuff i need to complete my car. Again i urge you to look at the pix of the roach i pulled out of a scrapyard to rebuild, this is worse off than many of the nicer project cars these idiots are ruining.

But this brings up a point. Theres a parts car that recently popped up thats a 67 formula s 383 car thats truk lagoon rusty. Not worth saving. If its numbers matching, should the drivetrain, vin, and data plate be swapped to a clean slant 6 body? Would that be misrepresentation if sold, or does it matter?

try buying 69 eggcrates.

they make these repop. i see nothing wrong with repops. but then again im making my car into a nice driver, and dont care about originality. a 67 year only dash pad. im not paying unobtanium prices for that when B/E&A has a black 69 to 76 A body dash pad new for $225. is it correct for a 67 absolutely not, but will it fit and look good and make me happy enough, sure will. the price for one brand new with soft vinyl compared to $200 for a dried out tho uncracked 67 only pad that probably brittle makes it worth it to me. if my car was a formula S with all the extras, id probably go with the 67 only pad to make it correct.

-
Back