Which set of wheels do you think would look best??????????

-
Cragars all the way, some wheels never get old..seems everyone is going with the new style rims these days..be different...stay old school.
AL

then he better not get cragars. everyone has them or keystones these days. its one of the latest fads.

Look sharp as hell to me.

rpm-r23-566535_w.jpg

How about these?

I like ralleys and steelys.

Darryl

Attachments

• images.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 182
someone really needs to invent software for your pc so you can show your car and just plug in the available wheels to your car so you could see what it would look like. why havent the wheel manufacturers thought of this. would make life a lot easier.

I am rocking a variation on the Ansen Sprint rims on my car. I don't know what brand but they are mags and look awesome. I would say factory rallyes really, but I like the ansens on the a-bodys.

any pics? :)

I have pics of 15x7.5 with 5" backspacing Centerline Convo Pro wheels on the rear with a 225/60/15. This combo is a bit bias to the outer fender on my car and all wrong for the front with 73-up disc brakes. I'm changing the combo to 17x7 with 4-3/4" BS and 17x8 with 5-1/2 BS and run a 215/50/17 front and 245/45/17 rear. Why? Because there are no decent 15" tires and the few like Copper Cobra or BFG's are not rated great for speed and heat. For the same price you get a a far better tire in 17" and almost too many choices in manufactures. I wish I could stay 15", but tire selection just plain sucks.

Attachments

• pict0004.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 166
The problem with a post like this is that Darts look good wearing almost ANY kind of shoes!! :p

Personally, I think if you're going with a blue or dark green, the Rallye wheels look the best. Otherwise, go with some 5-spokes. Personally, I'd say the top left or bottom right... The darkened spokes with chrome lip always looks great! If push comes to shove, you can also paint the spokes and center black, or better yet Plasti-Dip it so you can peel it right back off if need be. :)

I am rocking a variation on the Ansen Sprint rims on my car. I don't know what brand but they are mags and look awesome. I would say factory rallyes really, but I like the ansens on the a-bodys.
I'm in the same boat; just got me a set and the front tires just came in! Just in time for me to run out of money. :p Still, they will look great once I get rubber around them... Personally, I think the slot-mags (Ansen Sprint, kidney bean mags, whatever you wanna call them) are the best wheels for a Duster or Dart Sport/Demon... However, the Dart proper can much more easily pull off the Rallyes or a nice set of 5-spokes, and these wheels on the Dart proper often look just as good or better, depending on the color and overall schema...

A mock-up of my car wearing Ansens:
625446_429101027178411_210018822_n.jpg

And, a view of the rears (14x8 ) that are going on, except without rubber...
601406_432560353499145_1308530262_n.jpg

- CK

15x7 cragars all way around. Soon to be gone tho backspace is all wrong

Attachments

• 1974 Dart Swinger 10-1-12.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 160
  • ABA 1-1-13 3.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 154
I also have the front disc brake swap from a '73 up car. So backspacing may play a role in wheel choice also.

someone really needs to invent software for your pc so you can show your car and just plug in the available wheels to your car so you could see what it would look like. why havent the wheel manufacturers thought of this. would make life a lot easier.

Jeg's used to have it on their website, I amnot sure if they still do or not.

The bottom right are Summit Legend 5's right?

No pictures of them on a Dart, but I have them in 17x9" on my Challenger. I vote 17x8 with 5.25" backspace front, 17x8 4.5" backspace rear, 245/45/17's all the way around. :D But that's just me.

They are a nice looking wheel. FYI, be sure to get the lugnuts with them if you get the Legend 5's, they need the "tuner" style lug nuts. The holes are too small for a standard lug nut and socket to fit into.

IMG_3018.jpg

I personally like the looks of Cragars on the GT,the GTS has Weld Draglites

Attachments

• DSC01260.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 161
I also have the front disc brake swap from a '73 up car. So backspacing may play a role in wheel choice also.

For 67-69 Darts, a 7" wide rim fits best with a 4.5 to 4.75 back space on the front with 73- newer discs. Tire size can allow that number to shift some. Most use a 205 or 215 front tire of appropriate side wall to obtain or get as close to 26" in overall diameter.

Here is a good reference specific too 67-69 Darts, see Youngun2.0's comments on front fitment with pics.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=225071

Wouldn't you be getting really close to hitting the outter tire rod?

Shouldn't be. With a 17x8" you should be able to run about 5.5" backspace before you get into the outer tie rod. The guys running mustang rims are usually using 17x8's with 5.72" backspace and a small spacer to get to around 5.5-5.6" backspace.

But, apparently not all lower ball joints are created equal. I've heard of as much as 6" backspace working on the front on 17x9" rims, and as little as 5.4" with a 17x8" rim hitting the tie rod. Only thing I can figure is that the steering arm on the ball joints aren't all at the same angle, might vary a bit by manufacturer. The design/shape of the lip on the rim might make a difference too if things are close.

Regardless, 5.25" bs on a 17x8" should be fine in the front.

Jegs does that. I actually found out what my 66 would look like with 17 billet specialties before I bought my wheels.

steel with dog dish caps, they will take a betting and not break and look outstanding .
I have been running Ralleys for a while now and will be going with them when I am ready

I would go on ebay and search around...find something that someone doesnt have....

-
Back