Who has the fastest /6 here

-
Just wondering,are we talking cars that did run?Or are running and raceing now?Guzzi Mark

Just wondering,are we talking cars that did run?Or are running and racing now?Guzzi Mark

Mark.

That's a good point. That's a really FAST /slant 6 car (one of the fastest I've seen!) but the video generates more questions than it answers.

As a fan of these cars, I am left wondering about several things:

1. Is this an Australian car? There are a lot of REALLY fast /6 turbo cars in Australia, and for various reasons, we, here in the USA never hear about a lot of them. FABO helps, but I am sure a lot of the really interesting stuff never makes it to this site.

2. Technical details, (when available,) are always interesting and would answer a lot of questions such as, what's the method of induction, is it fuel injected or carbureted, and how much does it weigh. The fact that it is a /6 car, capable of running in the nines, makes me curious about all that information.

3. That is a really small car to stuff a /6 into, given the length of the engine. If anyone has an interior shot of the car, showing how they did it, that would be appreciated, for sure.

Thanks for posting that video.... AWESOME CAR!!!!:cheers:

I dont know any thing about the car , it was at Bowling Green Kentucky ,at the 2008 Chrysler classics . Lonnie Smith aquick408 FABO member was racing the 10.00 index class,I wanted to video Lonnie , this /6 car was in the lanes when i got to the track I videoed him too. lol Lonnie won the 10.00 race

[ame="http://youtu.be/gD4JqRHloK8"]http://youtu.be/gD4JqRHloK8[/ame]

[ame="http://youtu.be/HXCG4awm6R8"]http://youtu.be/HXCG4awm6R8[/ame]

When I used to race at Immokalee Regional Raceway while living in Naples,I was introduced to a Charles Myers (if memory serves me right)out of N Carolina !!Used to run a Slant 6 powered rail type dragster !It then ran a 9.36 in the 1/4 !!Not having anyone else in the same class,he purchased a Dodge Colt to run the motor in,and was running 9.63's !! So these times are not unbelievable !!And yes,he ran a Flying Toilet carb and Alcohol !!He was at one time looking for people to go in on a joint venture to develop an aluminum head also !Do know if he ever did or not though !!

Very fast,I have only been able to go 7.21@95 in the 1/8th,all motor on gas only.It does slow them down without boost or juice.I figure I am about $10.000 away from beeing able to have my car run in the 9s in the 1/4.Think car is capeable,I am not.Guzzi Mark

You could run 9's with VERY LITTLE boost from a centrifugal supercharger or a mildly boosted turbo setup. For personal reasons, you seem not to want to do that... but, it's there for the taking if you should change your mind. I figure $3,000.00 would do it nicely, with forged low compression pistons, and a decent turbo setup.

Just a thought.... 9.85 @ 136 mph... in that bantam-weight you drive.... GREAT car, by-the-way....!!!!:cheers:

I dont know any thing about the car , it was at Bowling Green Kentucky ,at the 2008 Chrysler classics . Lonnie Smith aquick408 FABO member was racing the 10.00 index class,I wanted to video Lonnie , this /6 car was in the lanes when i got to the track I videoed him too. lol Lonnie won the 10.00 race

http://youtu.be/gD4JqRHloK8

http://youtu.be/HXCG4awm6R8

Well, thanks for posting it! It's gotta be an 1,800-pound car, I'd bet.... a tube chassis car.

When I used to race at Immokalee Regional Raceway while living in Naples,I was introduced to a Charles Myers (if memory serves me right)out of N Carolina !!Used to run a Slant 6 powered rail type dragster !It then ran a 9.36 in the 1/4 !!Not having anyone else in the same class,he purchased a Dodge Colt to run the motor in,and was running 9.63's !! So these times are not unbelievable !!And yes,he ran a Flying Toilet carb and Alcohol !!He was at one time looking for people to go in on a joint venture to develop an aluminum head also !Do know if he ever did or not though !!

Charles is out of NC. He ran the Bay boys arrow. He fastest run was 9.93 on NOS/methanol in the arrow. Before the arrow he had a dragster built by Race Tech and ran a pretty mild slant 6 and it ran a fastest of 9.93. The motor in the arrow would have run a lot faster in the dragster but that combo never happened.

Well, thanks for posting it! It's gotta be an 1,800-pound car, I'd bet.... a tube chassis car.

The white arrow is Dale Rose originally from GA but I think he lives in TN now. That car was built by Ness and was the lightest slant car to date. Dale is not a big guy and in order to meet the 2000# minimum for the slant 6 records he had to add 50-70# to the car with him in it!! Can not remember the exact number. I think his record is 10.01 in the 1/4. Not sure he races it anymore.

Bill,you build it,WE stuff it in my car,YOU drive it in the 9s.My spinchter gets really tight at about 110 mph.Guzzi Mark

Bill,you build it,WE stuff it in my car,YOU drive it in the 9s.My spinchter gets really tight at about 110 mph.Guzzi Mark

Mark, the only part about that deal is assuming that I can build an engine that is within 100 horsepower of the one in Ryan's car.

Maybe we'll find out something before the snow flies; we're making good progress with our car, now that we have spark (!!!) and it may hit the track before November, after all. We still have to install a complete fuel system, and all the wiring. There's some body work to be done, yet, but a lot of the time-consuming stuff we were facing this time last year has been taken care of.

Gonna be fun! If it runs within a full second of Ryan's car,
we'll be happy!!!:cheers:

The white arrow is Dale Rose originally from GA but I think he lives in TN now. That car was built by Ness and was the lightest slant car to date. Dale is not a big guy and in order to meet the 2000# minimum for the slant 6 records he had to add 50-70# to the car with him in it!! Can not remember the exact number. I think his record is 10.01 in the 1/4. Not sure he races it anymore.

That car really flies! I love Don Ness race cars, anyway. John Hagen's Pro Stock 383 Hemi record holder (another Arrow) was a Don Ness creation.

The Wallace Calculators (an online calculator that figures e.t.'s and speeds based on horsepower) contend that the hp requirement to go 10.00-flat in a 2,000-pound car is about 395 HP, and the engine in Ryan's car, or Tom Wolfe's car exceed that number by a bunch... so, they are both capable of sub-10 second runs if they can just get their car's down to the 2,000-pound minimum. Not an easy task...

Like I said; that little Arrow FLIES!!! :)

Mark, the only part about that deal is assuming that I can build an engine that is within 100 horsepower of the one in Ryan's car.

Maybe we'll find out something before the snow flies; we're making good progress with our car, now that we have spark (!!!) and it may hit the track before November, after all. We still have to install a complete fuel system, and all the wiring. There's some body work to be done, yet, but a lot of the time-consuming stuff we were facing this time last year has been taken care of.

Gonna be fun! If it runs within a full second of Ryan's car,
we'll be happy!!!:cheers:

Put a "bonifide race" turbo on it and you will do better. I'm still waitin to see somebody do it.

Put a "bonifide race" turbo on it and you will do better. I'm still waitin to see somebody do it.

What do you mean race turbo??? The simca had a T-60 on it and this car had a T60-1.
Ramp1mod.jpg

Thinking....Tear down motor this winter and bump compression from 12.3 to 13.5.And try to lower my NA records,I do have over 350 passes on this motor with no issues so far.OR leave it alone and spray it with a 100 shot at Vegas next year and go for Nitrious records.Would go to 4,30 gears cause I am pushing the 4.56s to high now at the lighter weight.Thoughts and comments wanted.Guzzi Mark

Thinking....Tear down motor this winter and bump compression from 12.3 to 13.5.And try to lower my NA records,I do have over 350 passes on this motor with no issues so far.OR leave it alone and spray it with a 100 shot at Vegas next year and go for Nitrious records.Would go to 4,30 gears cause I am pushing the 4.56s to high now at the lighter weight.Thoughts and comments wanted.Guzzi Mark

i think you should just make the bump to 14 or 15...
your running race gas no matter what...

just gonna have to check the bearings every other year or so...

agreed on your gear, maybe you should try the gear change before the motor changes though...

I just hate tearing apart a perfectly great running motor,I actually would like to hurt it a little so I can justify makeing it better.Does this make any sence?Mark

-
Back