who is running a stock slant six

-
So lets start one! A slant 6 club. I hope to be running a stock slant 6 but then if I get it running and find a good deal on headers and an intake...well who knows what might happen. But I have to get it running first. This weekend is the goal.

So lets start one! A slant 6 club.

you beat me to it ....I was thinking the same thing over dinner and I thought, why not start one .....looks like the slant following is still rich enough to support it.

Attachments

• super cool.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 161
I can't be in the club. My 254 at .050 cam, 11:5:1 compression and many other mods puts me out.

But, dad has a '76 Feather Duster that is 100% stock. Don't want to change much about it because it gets really good fuel economy.

Slants are fun engines.

Where's the yawn button ?

Hater! :) I admit, I wouldn't be happy ONLY having a /6 car and nothing else, but they sure have their own unique appeal. Boring to drive (when stock)? Performance-wise, yeah. But not character-wise. Guess it's an acquired taste!

I can't be in the club. My 254 at .050 cam, 11:5:1 compression and many other mods puts me out.

But, dad has a '76 Feather Duster that is 100% stock. Don't want to change much about it because it gets really good fuel economy.

Slants are fun engines.

well this thread was intended for stock sixes ...but now that we are talking about a club ....I think a club should be open to ALL Chrysler slant sixes....in fact I would say, The more the merrier.

Hater! :) I admit, I wouldn't be happy ONLY having a /6 car and nothing else, but they sure have their own unique appeal. Boring to drive (when stock)? Performance-wise, yeah. But not character-wise. Guess it's an acquired taste!

I agree, if I only had one car I would not be running a six but I have enough cars to want a variety. I have a 340 car and a BB car already so why not a sixer.

plus any car person will know the slanty is not just another six cylinder I would like to see a ford or chevy six cylinder of equivalent times hold up to a slant

Running a stock slant in my 67 vert. Parked for 20 years, I installed new points, rad and rebuilt 1 bbl. Over 8000 miles since May 2012.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131024_221320.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 158
  • ForumRunner_20131024_221335.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 152
  • ForumRunner_20131024_221449.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 147

Slants are fun engines.

where does it run out of breath? my 246 @ .050 has probably another couple tenths on it but i want more!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ92UCIjtfc"]First Dart Vid With New GoPro Black!! - YouTube[/ame]

I agree, if I only had one car I would not be running a six but I have enough cars to want a variety. I have a 340 car and a BB car already so why not a sixer.

plus any car person will know the slanty is not just another six cylinder I would like to see a ford or chevy six cylinder of equivalent times hold up to a slant

The Ford 300 six is actually a pretty good engine. But my old '73 Dart with a stock /6 had 354,000 miles on it when I sold it. It ran good for an engine with that mileage to!!

The Ford 300 six is actually a pretty good engine. But my old '73 Dart with a stock /6 had 354,000 miles on it when I sold it. It ran good for an engine with that mileage to!!

the chevy will wipe the floor with a slant and the ford 6 starts like a slant but has more aftermarket parts

to be honest ....I would have to say that a stock slanty is more exciting to me right now ......nothing re-captures the late 60s and early 70s any better.

I have a complete Clifford setup but that look is not as exciting to me right now. :-?

where does it run out of breath? my 246 @ .050 has probably another couple tenths on it but i want more!

First Dart Vid With New GoPro Black!! - YouTube

Man...that car is awesome. I'd love to say where it falls flat at but I haven't had the chance to hit the local drags with it yet. I will gladly post a video when it happens. Have you weighed the car?

I know that the /6 engines love compression.

Man...that car is awesome. I'd love to say where it falls flat at but I haven't had the chance to hit the local drags with it yet. I will gladly post a video when it happens. Have you weighed the car?

I know that the /6 engines love compression.

well before the lexan and some other stuff i have the car down to 2800 without me in it and without the ballast (200lbs). im getting glass bumpers and installing by lexan shortly so it should be close to 2700 w/o me in it. thats alot of ballast in the rear for the 3200lbs class!

my motor is pretty basic
236" motor with 10:1 comp
246 @ .050 cam
ported head 1.7/1.44 valves
Clifford intake with a 750 holley
Hooker super comp headers

best so far (with a bad miss and other issues) 14.25 @ 94mph.

Ours is a Slant 6, 225. We got it after purchasing a (significant) project '65 Cuda with a 360 V-8 that has no interior (the only seat is behind the steering wheel and it isn't even bolted to the floor!) and has collision damage to the right front fender and valance. But the V-8 has power steering and a/c.
Money being what it is, I can only focus on one... so we are working on the Slant 6 by adding front disc brakes and will be transferring the p.s. and a/c into it.
We get such positive reactions when we go to car shows and people see the Slant 6 under the hood!

well before the lexan and some other stuff i have the car down to 2800 without me in it and without the ballast (200lbs). im getting glass bumpers and installing by lexan shortly so it should be close to 2700 w/o me in it. thats alot of ballast in the rear for the 3200lbs class!

my motor is pretty basic
236" motor with 10:1 comp
246 @ .050 cam
ported head 1.7/1.44 valves
Clifford intake with a 750 holley
Hooker super comp headers

best so far (with a bad miss and other issues) 14.25 @ 94mph.

I'm impressed. Really nice times there for a basic combination :prayer:

it should go mid 13's sorted out, street driven at 3200 lbs

That's the route I should have went, street driver. My car didn't have a title and since it was a drag car since the '70s, I just went further with it. Will probably never do a tube chassis car again. It is far to expensive for a poor person like me.

13's for a street driven /6 is fantastic.

That's the route I should have went, street driver. My car didn't have a title and since it was a drag car since the '70s, I just went further with it. Will probably never do a tube chassis car again. It is far to expensive for a poor person like me.

13's for a street driven /6 is fantastic.

yea alot of the stuff you take for granted on a stock chassis goes out the window on a tube car...

goal has always been 12's on a street car, someday!

My '70. No plans to modify it at all other than appearance items to make it look more original. I found a correct radiator for it, but the red heater hoses have to go......

My 318 Coronet is keeping its engine with no performance mods also.

Attachments

• ax.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 158
-
Back