Winter time model building thread.

-
I know what you mean Galactic. I painted the orange metallic on my Duster back in 2001. I think its dry now.:-D

Ya Think :toothy10::toothy10:
I need to go to my storage building and get my 66 model and get it here on the hill and get a frame made up :clock:

Wow cool kits guys I've got the my 69 barracuda in the same paint as my actual car , a 70 hemi cuda rag top in a dark metallic purple and am part way into a 66 charger kit I found .I'm getting pretty good at wiring up the motors to look real .I also have a 70 442 that I painted little rust spots and bubbles around the wheel openings and on the rear quarter that I did up with no wheels and the hood stuck in the car that I plan on using in a scene with all the pristine mopar in a driveway and the olds on blocks in the weeds lol - my boss has a70-442 that's the same color as the model .Thanks for the push I forgot all about them since last winter I'll have to drag the 66 back out and finish it if the weather ever go's bad here , Sorry for you snow guy's but another warm sunny day here.

Do you have any pics cannucky? I have a few Olds 442 kits.
The black one is painted with Dupont Emron, as are most of my models.
It looks bad in the pics but it just need to cleaned.

DSC00001 (Custom).JPG

DSC00003 (Custom).JPG

DSC00009 (Custom).JPG

DSC00008 (Custom).JPG

cool stuff.
I used to have a 'color me gone' 330 super stock model, I almost finished it too!
I have been playing with a couple off those. The decals on the CMG are yellowed when I install them so I threw it back in the box.:angry7:

I am building the second as a beigh colored sleeper.(with a roll bar?)

DSC00019 (Custom).JPG

DSC00021 (Custom).JPG

DSC00022 (Custom).JPG

I used to build models up until I was about 16. I did about 60 of them, then I developed some other interests.

This thread is inspiring me to build another one! Does anyone know if any company makes a '70 Swinger kit?

No stock 70 Dart kits available. You can find resin bodies for about $40 and you will need a Revell 69 Dart kit to finish it off. They have rereleased the 70 Dart Hemi Hunter? but the quarters are cut for big tires and there is a HEMI in the trunk(so I dont think you get a trunk lid with but I am not positive.) That would be hard to scratch build.

I am collecting parts for my 71 Swinger build from various kits and will be documenting the build here. I will probably spring for a resin body but am hoping for a new release from Revell, don't think that will happen but I thought the same thing about all the B-Bodies Revell has put out.

i was going to say must not have kids around my boys would be in to that stuff right now my are still in boxs. they seem to be going out of style so when they were on sale or mopar one were only one left i bought them the set of 3 i bought for the duster,als

I go to our local Big Lots and can find kits from 3-5 bucks. That Duster builds up nice Al. I am using the rallye dash and Go Wing from one for my Swinger build.

Ya Think :toothy10::toothy10:
I need to go to my storage building and get my 66 model and get it here on the hill and get a frame made up :clock:

I would think so. LOL I usually use Imron and that is set hard in 24 hours.
I painted the Duster with Testors rattle can and that takes forever to dry. When you open the box and it still smells like wet paint 3 months later it's NOT done.:toothy10:

I bought cheap dehydrator on feebay and will modify that for a speed dryer.

Are you back with the 66 yet? :toothy10::toothy10:

I have been playing with a couple off those. The decals on the CMG are yellowed when I install them so I threw it back in the box.:angry7:

I actually went to high school with Roger Lindamood's son Chuck. It was pretty cool to see that car sitting in the garage. The group we all hung out with all drove mopars. I had a 1970 Challenger my buddy had the Baddest 69 GTX that said Mr. B's G on the quarter panels. A few years ago I saw Roger and Akron Arlen Vanke at a swap meet and they were signing autographs.

Ah, those were the days!:toothy10:

I used to build....

59Buick2_jpg-vi.jpg

And I collect.....
OriginalHUG-vi.jpg

I got me a new digital camera for Christmas. I'll try and snap some good pictures of my old builds, and a project or two.

I used to build....

59Buick2_jpg-vi.jpg

And I collect.....
OriginalHUG-vi.jpg

I got me a new digital camera for Christmas. I'll try and snap some good pictures of my old builds, and a project or two.
I have a re-issue of that Hemi Under Glass car made by Model King. I haven't built it yet and it did not come with any of the sponsor decals, just the big Hurst Hemi Under Glass ones.

Well, Noel, here are some of mine:

This was my first Father's Day gift Sarah bought me after we lost Katie, so I named it Kate's Rod. It's the Willys rod kit with the blown 392 Hemi. I display this on the TV console with Katie's picture and some of her keepsakes.

20100110_10.JPG

20100110_11.JPG

Good looking builds Robert. What paint did you use for the General?

I like the Katie tribute. Very clean with some meaning.

When Sarah and I first got married all we could afford was a three room apartment with a bath. It had one closet and no storage. But it did have a bay window with a window seat. Sooo...all my models at the time came out of the boxes and into gallon size storage bags. It also made them easier to box up move into the duplex we were in later and the house we're in now. Now they're in the basement where there's plenty of room :-D

20100110_22.JPG

20100110_23.JPG

20100110_24.JPG

20100110_25.JPG

20100110_26.JPG

These got damaged in the move and need some repair to get back out on display. Things like open hoods fallen off, broken mirrors, etc.

20100110_27.JPG

Good looking builds Robert. What paint did you use for the General?

Primarily I use the Testors Model Masters or small jar thinned out with the airbrush thinner and through my airbrush. Mostly these days I've been using the rattle cans. I just wait until it's dry and then move on to the decal stage and hit it with clearcoat. The General was done with the airbrush. The interior was done with the airbrush flat tan and then the "vinyl" parts were hit with low gloss clear.

Kate's rod. The look on her face was one of determination. She didn't want to give up, just like her dad, refusing to surrender. Figured she would have fallen in with her dad and liked cars, too.

1/16 Bel Air. Nice.

I did a 1/16 Firebird way back in the early 80's.

The only convertible Bel Air kit I could find. For the large scale I'm not impressed with the detail, but I can work with it and make it something. I usually stay box stock and use the paints to highlight detail and work with what's there.

This will be my first go around with Testors chrome foil, too.

Guess what color it'll be? :-D

Hmmmm....white? 8)

All my foil is so old its deterioates when I take it off the page. Testors has some new stuff? How much?

Forgot to ad in my previous post that for this kit I shaved the body line off and used some polyester spot putty to smooth it out, filled in the dimples for the door handles and shaved the door locks. I sprayed it in Testor's Boyd's Alumi Yellow. Since it's a candy style color I sprayed the body with yellow base and the color keyed the interior with the same color, spraying the seats and the tub with a white base. The windows are so small that the pic didn't come out right.

-
Back