Winter time model building thread.

-
Hmmmm....white? 8)

All my foil is so old its deterioates when I take it off the page. Testors has some new stuff? How much?

I got it Hobby Lobby for $10. It's available online at some of the modelers' supplies, too.

Yeah, white for the Chevy. Figure since the owner has the real thing I'll blow up a nice portrait style of the real one to go with model to display 8)

Very nice ramenth :cheers: You have what it takes to build these car's 8)
I picked up my box with the 66 body from a rented storage building :read2: It will need some sanding and some exact O knife work an early A body floor pan will not be used 8)
This will be a gasser Alter 66 Valiant :happy10: Wish me luck :cheers:

GETTING BACK TO SHOOTING 020.jpg

GETTING BACK TO SHOOTING 021.jpg

I was in Walmart today with the Wife. I went looking for models (not looked in years) Is it just me or do they not sell them anymore!

Very nice ramenth :cheers: You have what it takes to build these car's 8)
I picked up my box with the 66 body from a rented storage building :read2: It will need some sanding and some exact O knife work an early A body floor pan will not be used 8)
This will be a gasser Alter 66 Valiant :happy10: Wish me luck :cheers:

I'm looking forward to seeing that build come together.

I've got a few kit bashes to work with one of these days. Including a '32 Ford sedan worked with a funny car frame set up. So, post some pics, memike, and give us some pointers.

I was in Walmart today with the Wife. I went looking for models (not looked in years) Is it just me or do they not sell them anymore!

Walmart's done away with 'em now for a few years. Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Big Lots, still has 'em. Models have been relagated mainly to the online stores or specific hobby and/or modelers stores.

It's been a while since I bought my last one. I got it for $4.95 @ Wally Mart. 69 BEE. I guess I should hang on to it! Still in unopened box..

It's been a while since I bought my last one. I got it for $4.95 @ Wally Mart. 69 BEE. I guess I should hang on to it! Still in unopened box..

Some of the unopened can get there. My brother has unopened Bill Elliot #9 Coor's T-Bird (red) and Coor's Light T-bird (blue). The Coor's car was fetching $105 and the Coor's Light was getting $95 the last time we looked.

Here is a sweet model box that I found at the local thrift store last week. When I spotted the lid, I knew that I had to have it. Of course there was a Chevy inside the box, so I removed the lid and used it as a tray for a couple smaller items.

P1015849.JPG

P1015852.JPG

P1015853.JPG

I'm looking forward to seeing that build come together.

I've got a few kit bashes to work with one of these days. Including a '32 Ford sedan worked with a funny car frame set up. So, post some pics, memike, and give us some pointers.

I will be asking some my self 8) on this one 8) I need to pick what engine and chassis to rob from the models I have 8)

Here's a '65 Chevy p/u that I just finished about 3 weeks ago. I did an angle chop on the roof and wedged the hood to match. The tail gate as you can see swings out instead of down but if you look close you'll see the tailgate lettering is all cut out so you can see through each letter. The drivetrain is complete from the S-15 Syclone as is the interior. For those not familiar with the Syclone truck they were a limited edition and came with a 4.3L turbocharged V-6 and all wheel drive very fast. This build took alot of custom work as you can see. Pic # 3 shows the 2 kits used in this build. Thanks for the postive responses to my previous post it means alot

HPIM5104.jpg

HPIM5107.jpg

HPIM5112.jpg

Very Nice dodgefreak73 :cheers: 8)
I had to save this one so I can refer to it on my 66 gasser "Victoria" project 8) Thank you for sharing :cheers:

GETTING BACK TO SHOOTING 021.jpg

HPIM3635.jpg

No big rush or maybe you can just answer my question, Is it a straight axle front end ?

No it's not a straight axle it's an older style chassis with the pin style wheel mounts I just put the pins in the bottom hole on the front and the top hole on the rear suspenion to give the gasser look. The body was from the Hemi under glass kit with the chassis from the '69 Barracuda (AMT reissue) but if you have any other ?'s or need pic's I'm more than happy to help

Here is the car "Victoria" I have and I will be trying to build this model to look like her bigger brother drag racing car, slicks and v/8

Welcome to this great site if I missed you in the welcome wagon :cheers:

We will be here at this thread doing our winter build 8)

paint.jpg

Ralley's 004.jpg

Here is the car "Victoria" I have and I will be trying to build this model to look like her bigger brother drag racing car, slicks and v/8

Welcome to this great site if I missed you in the welcome wagon :cheers:

We will be here at this thread doing our winter build 8)

Looks like a fun build!

OK.... I got some good shots. Here's some of my stuff:

413 Long Ram `32 Ford Vicky
Models_110002-vi.jpg

Models_110001-vi.jpg

Models_110005-vi.jpg

4.2ltr. Jaguar powered `27 Ford T bucket right hand drive
Models_110006-vi.jpg

Models_110008-vi.jpg

Models_110009-vi.jpg

How about a Hemi powered motorcycle?
Models_110011-vi.jpg

Models_110012-vi.jpg

Chopped `64 Chrysler Imperial
Models_110026-vi.jpg

Flathead Ford powered rail
Models_110021-vi.jpg

`59 Buick Invicta Sled
Models_110046-vi.jpg

You guys have posted some nice stuff. I hope by next winter I have my work space back after we move.....I miss this kaos.

Models_110047-vi.jpg

I'll second that.

I especially like the dirt car and hauler. What was the technique you used for the dirt to stick?

The dirt car was built in memory of my Grandfather and is a replica of the car and hauler that he used to have and race. As for the dirt it was applied with an airbrush using flat acrylic paints, low air pressure & alot of patients I also practiced on junkers before doing this one

Those are some nice builds, John.

I've got to give you guys doing the plumbing a thumbs up. I've done it in the past. Personally, I didn't like the way it turned out, though others told me I did a good job with it. Guess I'm my own worst critic. From then on out I've done box stock, sticking to the paint to highlight the details. Though I do like to kit bash, too.

(Though I do have a 4 door up my sleeve using a couple of GTX kits...)

So, to make 'em turn out like you did, John: :thumbup:

Here's a few of the original `68 Barracuda annual kits I have. These are the ONLY correct `68 Barracuda kits in 1/25th. scale. Other kits are advertised as `68's, but are actually `69's with round side marker lights. Beware.

At last count I have 7 complete kits stashed away. 8)
Models_110048-vi.jpg

Here's the cornerstone of my model collection, my vintage Hemi Under Glass kits.
Models_110051-vi.jpg

The 2 top kits are original `69 HUG's. The left middle kit is the incorrect box art release of the left bottom kit, the re-issued `66 version. Initially they shipped the kits with the wrong year car on the cover! The contents of that kit is actually the `66. Can you say instant collectible? The right middle is an original `67 HUG. The bottom right is considered to be one of the Holy Grail kits amongst Mopar collectors: the original AMT HUG kit from `66. Mine is un-touched mint and worth a few dollars, as are all the old HUG kits. I'm missing an un-built `68 HUG, but I do have a built-up.

Polar Lights did a pair of NICE vintage funny cars. A `68 Mini-Charger and a `68 Barracuda as well. They did Ghost versions where they cast the parts in clear plastic. Common kits.

Ever see one cast in clear red? 8)
Models_110049-vi.jpg

Let me know guys.... I have more models and kits I can post.

The dirt car was built in memory of my Grandfather and is a replica of the car and hauler that he used to have and race. As for the dirt it was applied with an airbrush using flat acrylic paints, low air pressure & alot of patients I also practiced on junkers before doing this one

Nice memorial to your Grandfather. I can say with honesty I know what it means to build a eulogy piece.

After reading what you said and examining the photos a lot better I get what you're saying about the airbrush on low pressure.

I want to do something along those lines with my General Lee kit. Not a show car, something that just came off the back clay roads of GA.

Here's a few of the original `68 Barracuda annual kits I have. These are the ONLY correct `68 Barracuda kits in 1/25th. scale. Other kits are advertised as `68's, but are actually `69's with round side marker lights. Beware.

At last count I have 7 complete kits stashed away. 8)
Models_110048-vi.jpg

Here's the cornerstone of my model collection, my vintage Hemi Under Glass kits.
Models_110051-vi.jpg

The 2 top kits are original `69 HUG's. The left middle kit is the incorrect box art release of the left bottom kit, the re-issued `66 version. Initially they shipped the kits with the wrong year car on the cover! The contents of that kit is actually the `66. Can you say instant collectible? The right middle is an original `67 HUG. The bottom right is considered to be one of the Holy Grail kits amongst Mopar collectors: the original AMT HUG kit from `66. Mine is un-touched mint and worth a few dollars, as are all the old HUG kits. I'm missing an un-built `68 HUG, but I do have a built-up.

Polar Lights did a pair of NICE vintage funny cars. A `68 Mini-Charger and a `68 Barracuda as well. They did Ghost versions where they cast the parts in clear plastic. Common kits.

Ever see one cast in clear red? 8)
Models_110049-vi.jpg

Let me know guys.... I have more models and kits I can post.

Can't say that I've seen one in clear red, but with Polar Lights it doesn't surprise me either.

I like their Star Trek stuff. Yeah, I'm a Trekkie.

-
Back