Winter time model building thread.

-
I've got most of the foil and detail paint work done on this 300 body but it still needs some touch up. I have a little paint work to do on the engine and need to string up the wires. There is a cool web site that is dedicated to the restoration of the car this model was made after. I'm trying to find a good match for the light tan interior, any tips will be appreciated.

Like that build. As for the light tan have you tried Testors Model Master fabric tan?

Wow, lots of awesome models on this thread!!! Here is the only picture on my computer of any of my models. This is a old 1/32 scale Monogram model of a 65 GTO mounted on a Scalextric slot car chassis. Painted in three coats of Honduras maroon metallic and three coats of clear. Built this for a friend.I will post more pics soon of the collection.

100_1233.JPG

What a great thread!! Here is the only picture I have on my computer, it is a heavily modified amt Richard Petty "Kit Car" I had this one at the Mopar nats this year, ended up second with it. It is also featured in the Feb 2010 Mopar collectors guild, on the top of page 82. There were a lot of awsome models there!! I thought I was the only adult that still likes to build models!!!!!

WOW! very nice.:cheers:

Well after I got home from physical therapy and made a run to Walmart to buy new sneakers and a boat load of ibuprofen (my new prescribed anti-inflammatory) the day was pretty shot for doing anything but laundry and tinkering on the models. So, I decided it was time to fix a few that had gotten damaged in the move to get back out on display:

Been living on ibuprofens for a couple months now Robert. Works good for my neck.

I tried working on my Petty Charger yesterday but couldn't get the chill out of me and thought I was gettein sick from the stress fron the weekend. Heck I didn't even have a beer. I finally ended up taking a short nap, which is something I never do. I feel much better today.
Weather is warming up to 63 today so I will try and work on the 1:1 scale today. :-D

I've got most of the foil and detail paint work done on this 300 body but it still needs some touch up. I have a little paint work to do on the engine and need to string up the wires. There is a cool web site that is dedicated to the restoration of the car this model was made after. I'm trying to find a good match for the light tan interior, any tips will be appreciated.

Looking good 4spd.:cheers:

hey homecloned, your model room looks just like mine, full of mopars. My favorite thing to do in the winter is build models. I like building pro street mopars from the 70 super bee kit, and making pro street cars from other mopar kits Nice models.

I bought up about 10 of those 70 Bee kits from Big Lots for $5 each about 15 years ago, and use as the basis on all my prostreets. I have to cut a little out to fit the Darts but they work good. Plus you can make one of those cool DOHC engines like FASTBACK. 8)

Been living on ibuprofens for a couple months now Robert. Works good for my neck.

I tried working on my Petty Charger yesterday but couldn't get the chill out of me and thought I was gettein sick from the stress fron the weekend. Heck I didn't even have a beer. I finally ended up taking a short nap, which is something I never do. I feel much better today.
Weather is warming up to 63 today so I will try and work on the 1:1 scale today. :-D

The temps are are supposed to be in the 20s this weekend, so chances are I'll be bringing in the header panel for the Dip and putting it on the work bench. :cheers:

Funny you mentioned a DOHC Daytona project....

I started this one almost 9 yrs. ago and got sidetracked. This is going to be an open wheeled, mid-engined high-boy roadster.

I spliced together 2 DOHC engines and created a ficticous V-12 version w/ a 4 X 4Bbl. intake.
=

I also started a scratch-built brass chassis w/operating suspension.
Models_110056-vi.jpg

One of these days I'll finish it.
John,
Have you ever built slot car frames. Looks like you have the talent to do it well.

RR chassis.jpg

rr chassis 2.jpg

rr front and lrw.jpg

rr rear and lrw.jpg

Here is the one I will be starting on 8)
I bought this 66 altered wheel base Valiant on line last summer and you can see I have allot of body work to do to this 66 body and modifying the Hippy drag frame to fit under the 66 Valiant.:happy10:
This will be a challenge and if anyone has any input please step up :-D
I am going for a gasser look, But as you can see I am just getting started on the build

Victorian Valiant

GETTING BACK TO SHOOTING 059.jpg

GETTING BACK TO SHOOTING 060.jpg

GETTING BACK TO SHOOTING 061.jpg

GETTING BACK TO SHOOTING 062.jpg

I pulled this out yesterday but decieded to put it away for now.
It must have warmed up out side didn't it homecloned :cheers:
You are going to work on your 1 to 1 Scale Dart :cheers:

It must have warmed up out side didn't it homecloned :cheers:
You are going to work on your 1 to 1 Scale Dart :cheers:

Yes. I feel better today memike and the weather is lookind up. I will still pull a project out to work on, maybe one that is further along.8)

I am setting up a jig on the living room bar and work space for this build
With grand children coming over I will need to put it all on a work top I can put on top of the fridge
I am glad you are feeling up to par bud :cheers:

GETTING BACK TO SHOOTING 063.jpg

-
Back