Winter time model building thread.

-
Hey dodgefreak73, you found good use of that old fish aquarium I see, that's awesome!!! I been using the Testors lacquer paints with excellent results.

Hey dodgefreak73, you found good use of that old fish aquarium I see, that's awesome!!! I been using the Testors lacquer paints with excellent results.

8) Thanks!! I didn't have any fish to put in it so used it for my models though if you look close there is a Sox & Martin "Barracuda" in it so guess I do still use it for fish LOL. I used to have three of these plus a 5 foot long store display case all full of models, but we had to downsize last year so I had to get rid of some of the display cases. I want to someday do something different for the shelving in the aquarium it's large enough to put 1 more level in it but I just haven't got around to it yet.

here is one that i have been working on. its not a super detailed model, but when i saw it i had to have it.

P1132779.jpg

P1132781.jpg

P1132782.jpg

P1132783.jpg

P1132784.jpg

here is one that i have been working on. its not a super detailed model, but when i saw it i had to have it.
Thats a cool model!!!! A little bit of detail work eg.sparkplug wires, hoses. trim etc. this would look ready to go.. I love the flying eyeball kinda Rat Fink looking. Looks good!!

Here is a 1977 D-150 that someday I'd like to build in full scale, I built this model about 10yrs ago. I had a full scale '70 Swinger about 18 yrs ago that I had painted in the same yellow w/black stripe and at the time my winter beater was a '77 D-150, I kept wanting to paint the truck to match the car. Of course life changed and I don't have either of those vehicle now but wish I did. There are so many real cars I want but can't afford so I just build models of them

HPIM5200.jpg

HPIM5199.jpg

Ramenth, you sir, officially suck! LOL Would love to get my hands on those A body Fishy kits!! Don't suppose anyone knows where to get a 67-68 Barracuda coupe kit?? Found one a few years ago but the whole kit was close to $100. OUCH!! Been looking for one so I can build my car. 8) Awesome looking models guys!! Maybe someday I'll get a few of mine up.

Ramenth, you sir, officially suck! LOL Would love to get my hands on those A body Fishy kits!! Don't suppose anyone knows where to get a 67-68 Barracuda coupe kit?? Found one a few years ago but the whole kit was close to $100. OUCH!! Been looking for one so I can build my car. 8) Awesome looking models guys!! Maybe someday I'll get a few of mine up.

I suck? Hey, now, there are guys on here building way better than I am. :-D

As far as a more modern 'Cuda coupe, I haven't seen one, but then again guys are building kits I'd love to get my hands on, like the '77 D150 kit above. Although I do have a '79 Ramcharger kit in the bin that I'll be building as a replica of the one we just scrapped this summer.

One thing this thread has told me, though, is that I need a better camera. Mine's six years old and not taking close ups like it used to.

Thanks dodge freak73, I didn't know where to start. I have been building models for ever it seems. My father got me in to them, and he is still building kits at 75 years young.

I meant you suck as in you have all those fishy kits and I don't. lol, it was an expression of jealousy. :-D

Ummm... I'm the one who sucks. I posted the Barracuda & Hemi under Glass kits. :???:
OriginalHUG-vi.jpg

DGE467: WOW! Please post more of your work. DAMN NICE builds!!! I especially love the tubbed `62 300 and the resin Dodge A-100 van. I have both stashed away and am looking forward to building them both.

Some real nice stuff popping out of the woodwork. Keep `em coming guys!
:cheers:

Thanks fastback340. Your models are pretty damn awesome, super detailed! All the models on this thread are awesome. I love to see what others are building. Here's a pict of an old Hemi under glass in my collection.

100_1533.jpg

Wouldn't be cool to stumble across this site in real life. I made this with models from the junk box. I don't remember what took longer to build,the models or the landscaping for the base.

100_1506.jpg

100_1507.jpg

100_1508.jpg

I wish you guys would post your names in your signatures.....

DGE467: Do you belong to the MASSCAR club? I've been up to Tauton a bunch of times for that show with the LIARS club. Your work is amazing.... the fictitious junkyard with the Turbine and Daytona is mind blowing. Your never seeing that in real life.

Post more. Please....
=P~

Here's a pict of an old Hemi under glass in my collection.

I just realized you have that kit on both an HO & 1/32 track. Your into every childhood fetish I had growing up. Please, tell us more about the tracks.

BTW: Can I be your friend?
:-D

Here's a pict of an old Hemi under glass in my collection.

BTW: I've always wondered why there is an adult and a child standing at the 60' lights on the box art of this kit....
:-k

Thanks again fastback340. I went to the model show in Tauton last spring, didn't put any models in the show , I just like to look everybody's models and check out the swap meet. Plus my dad and his friend were vending.I am not in the club though. I never noticed the father and son on that hemi under glass box till you mentioned it, that's funny/ weird. Slot cars are another of my bad habits. I have just gotten in to 1/32 scale slot cars a few years ago.I like taking 1/32 scale kits and mounting them on slot car chassis.Here is a few pictures. One is an MPC Dodge van mounted on a Scalextric chassis. The Barracudas are on Scalextric chassis also. The 65 cuda was a built model I found at a flea market it is an old Monogram kit. The 69 cuda is an old Revell kit I found on e-bay built but un painted. Yea, my wife thinks I am still a kid.

100_1535.jpg

100_1534.jpg

This is one of my current projects.

Started with this...

leftrear.jpg

leftfront.jpg

stripped the old paint off, and cleaned up the body.

srtipped2.jpg

I put a coat of red on it, but haven't taken any more pics.

Not a mopar, but this is the last one I finished.

edsel1.jpg

-
Back