Work....

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
We are being beat to death. I literally was seeing stars and a customer offered me water in the middle of my sentence. Aparrently I turned white as a ghost after working 17.5 hours the previous day and have been working no less than 12 hrs. a day averaging about 14. One technician quit and another had a work related nervous breakdown and a third got into an accident. Being a Supervisor, it's my job to pick up the slack. So far it's 7 days straight and I know I will be called on Sunday. To preserve the sanity of my one remaining tech and I, I told them no more for Saturday as we're burning out like a match and confirmed this with my district manager.

I am so glad I'm working but I've never been to the point of passing out in 30 years and that includes 10 hour days working concrete in Chicago. I had to leave my dogs at home for 13 hrs. straight one day and that sucked. Merlin pissed all over (don't blame him a bit) so clean up took some time when I got home. I felt horrible for doing this to them and they got praise and biscuits regardless. I'd build in a dog door but it's a rented house and these dogs would need a pretty big door.

I got a call after work today from my Brother and **** has hit the fan with some of the the sisters in regards to my Mom's estate and i'm mad as hell. :read2: I'm not even going to get into the rest of the crap that happend with work and family.

BTW, since I've been home tonight, the dogs won't let me out of their sight. :love7: I need a dog walker I can TRUST to have my keys during the day and I'm asking for a raise to pay for it. I don't have much but it's all I got.

Thanks for letting me vent and in summary, please accept my apologies for T shirts being sent out late and the Young Guns prize being late (for those who don't know, no money was exchanged). I am doing my best and all will be reconcilled ASAP.

Sincerely,

Ramcharger Joe

P.S.
At least I'm making some good money and was able to replace my camera on a rare lunch break, so look forward to some cool pics (I was blocked by a Llama getting to one job...not the gun but the animal) in the next few weeks or so.

damn bro if i lived in area i would take care of your pups,, as i am typing i have my youngest boston terrier on my lap, and i have not taken a vacation in 6 years because if my pups dont go, i dont go ,work will get better so keep your chin up, and maybe find someone that can walk your pups ,cause they will get as stressed as you are, just take care, and vent when you need to we are here.

Been wondering where you're at.... Sounds like you've gotta plate full right now... Vent all ya want!!!!

Thank you iggy68. Together they are about 180 lbs. so it won't be an easy task. :snakeman:

I've got a member in mind and I'll give him a call tomorrow and maybe we can agree on a weekly fee.

Thank you for the support as well. Maximus is right here at my feet and Merlin is about 5' away (as close as Maximus will let him be to me right now... she a jealous ***** :))

That sucks ramcharger. It seems like quite a few companies these days are spreading their techs thin. I now do the job of two mechanics at my job. I don't complain most days, but the days it hits the fan it is bad. I can't be in three places at one time. Hang in there and I hope it gets better for you.

Thank God for our special friends bud......Hang in there!

Pups 031.jpg

What about the girl that you bought a collar for her dog, you think she would walk the beasts or would they be too much?

Just think back about 6 months ago when you were out of work and now you have more than ever.

Been wondering where you're at.... Sounds like you've gotta plate full right now... Vent all ya want!!!!

Thanks Greenhornet. My 400 block is within arms reach in the garage and I'm too damn tired to break the rest of it down. After work I got the house somewhat cleaned up today and dragged my gun safe into the basement along with some other furniture by myself and I'm pooped. I played with the dogs for an hour or so and they beat the hell out of me. I still have payroll and about 50 work related e-mails I have to respond to tomorrow. I ate a little bit and retired to the garage and computer to see what's up with my Mopar bro's.

In retrospect, I have no reason to complain. Thank God I have a job... 'nough said I suppose. I think I'll have a beer. :cheers: Two days ago I saw a guy sleeping on the sidewalk with his plastic bag of stuff.

I'm a lucky man...

Amen about being lucky. Sometimes when work gets to me I try to think about people out there who would be happy to do my job even when it's hard. I think about people who don't know if they will get to eat today and worse.

It's good you put your foot down about needing to slow down a little, you shouldn't have to risk your health for a job.

Just think of all them 400 parts you can buy...

You'll be shoppin' like a sugared up kid in a candy store with uh full piggy bank.... ;)

Get ya some rest bro!!!!

That sucks ramcharger. It seems like quite a few companies these days are spreading their techs thin. I now do the job of two mechanics at my job. I don't complain most days, but the days it hits the fan it is bad. I can't be in three places at one time. Hang in there and I hope it gets better for you.

Thanks BD. This week was really bad with a capital "B". It'll get better and if not it's my own damn fault, period. :)

Thank God for our special friends bud......Hang in there!

You betcha 6pk! These guys are my crutch as no matter what happens, they are always glad to see me and the feeling is mutual. They are a rock, lol.

What about the girl that you bought a collar for her dog, you think she would walk the beasts or would they be too much?

Just think back about 6 months ago when you were out of work and now you have more than ever.

I would trust her but not her family. She's a good kid but blood is thicker than water.

JR, I'm finally recovering and am trying to fix my credit and you are 100% correct. I am a lucky man.

I got a buddy that is a welding supervisor at the shipyard and he is working 7 12's right now busting his ***. The guy is dead on his feet when he gets home but the way we see it is that money makes the world go round not love! You can live without love but not without money and anyone that says different is a liar! So do what you have to, bust you *** for as long as you can, overtime is your friend, that way nothing is given to you, you earn everything from respect to carparts, stand tall....then go home get shitty drunk and pass out on your couch from exhaustion, wake up and do it again! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

been there. At least they smile for pics.

This guy was all black and wouldn't budge for even the horn on the van. I just drove around him and he looked at me like I was an idiot. :read2:

Amen about being lucky. Sometimes when work gets to me I try to think about people out there who would be happy to do my job even when it's hard. I think about people who don't know if they will get to eat today and worse.

It's good you put your foot down about needing to slow down a little, you shouldn't have to risk your health for a job.

I'll pay for this in the long run but I had to do what I had to do for the other tech as well, it wasn't just for me.... I think? I literally had to pull over on SanteFe Drive for 5 minutes as my eyes were crossing and I thought I might hurt someone.

Just think of all them 400 parts you can buy...

You'll be shoppin' like a sugared up kid in a candy store with uh full piggy bank.... ;)

Get ya some rest bro!!!!

Yee Haaa! I might start making a list. :) No day dreaming allowed when driving and trying to figure out what cop shop the the out of state tech needed to deal with not to mention what forms he needed to fill out for the company itself and insurance, plus thinking about my next job and then having a tech call me saying he's having a nervous breakdown then having resource allocation call me to say that I have to make a 260 mile round trip after this job then getting to the job and finding out it's a law firm with 7 pissed off laywers then my bro calling me telling me my sisters are insane then my district manger calling me asking why I haven't sent in my expenses yet then I get second call on the cell and it's RA again asking why we haven't made the jobs and then I lose cell phone connectivity and I have a Llama blocking my way and then....... AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!! :bootysha::bootysha::bootysha:

You can live without love but not without money and anyone that says different is a liar! So do what you have to, bust you *** for as long as you can, overtime is your friend, that way nothing is given to you, you earn everything from respect to carparts, stand tall....then go home get shitty drunk and pass out on your couch from exhaustion, wake up and do it again! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

This my friend, is what I needed. :cheers: I just gave the dogs another biscuit BECAUSE I CAN AFFORD IT!!!!!!!!!

good you have a joob making money :), just take care of yourself so you dont kill yourself going to far bad stuff can happen but it will probably be ok as long as you can get some "mental rest" at home!
if i would have lived anywhere near you i would gladly have helped you out with your dogs for free :)

I feel your pain Bro. The only difference for me is that I own my business and could refuse work if I chose to but it has been busy and I have been averaging 12 -14 hr days as the norm. My wife is on vacation this coming week and she is spending it with the kids. I am working. That is a blessing however because there are so many who do not have a job and cannot find one.

Keep hanging tough and make sure you take care of yourself by eating healthy and trying to sleep between work. You will get even more run down if you don't.

I think it's great that you are in demand Joe :happy10: You have allot to offer I bet :read2: and the folks you work for is bushing you very hard :clock: I wish I was closer I would be there for ya, lord knows I need more to do and enjoy, I remember being on call 24/7 and really missed out on some good time with my boy's as a safety and Maintenance director for 14 year's for an out patient O.R and 14 Dr's offices, they kept me busy at there home to8)
I hope they give you some earned home time soon , we sure miss you and Maxi and Merlin here. Look what showed up on the hill today, The best T-Shirt in my stash of shirt's, Thank you Joe, This will be put to good use at Monster Mopar Week End.
You spoil me rotten brother.:happy10:

It's the least I can do for you Mike. More than once there's been a mystery package on my doorstep from you. One time it was a headlight bezel, another time it was a really nice checkers set, then there was the George Ray t-shirt, etc.

You have really been a good friend over the last 5 years and have seen me through the loss of my fiance and then later my job with great advice and support.

You are the man Mike! Wear it and enjoy!

Hey Joe

You have my sympathy buddy. I am so glad I could get
out of the rat race back in 2006.

Just do the best you can with what you have to work with.

That's what kept me going for 41 years.

Have another beer on me.

Tony

Hang in there Ramcharger. You might be able to just buy a cheap replacement door and hang it till you move. Then you could put in a dog door and not worry about it. I feel your pain leaving them locked up that long. Good luck in finding a sitter or walker.

The economy is bad. Many employers are reluctant to hire more people simply because they see what is coming down the pike.

I know the feeling. I attended full-time college while working a full-time job back in the 1970s. My school/workday began at 7:00 a.m. and ended at 11:20 p.m. (at least when not snagged for overtime on the night shift). My job at the time was in a nut house, so in case I lost it, all I had to do was turn in my keys and take a bed!

Then, when working at wind trunnel testing at Grumman, we had a couple of tests that required 16 hours per day, 6 days per week. The longest lasted about six months. It was a black test and all windows were covered by sheet aluminum to prevent EMR leakage from data and computer lines. For most of the time, we got there in the dark and went home in the dark. We saw the sun only during lunch. Grumman would not allow us to work seven days for health (mental & physical) reasons. We worked as much OT as they allowed because we knew that defense contracting work was feast or famine.

Thank you all for your support. This has been another trying weekend with two techs refusing to take call-outs.

The good news is that I can now afford a few toys. :)

Make sure you take some time for yourself. I can relate to the huge hours at work. When you work 24 hour shifts, any OT is on top of that. It's feast or famine for me with that. I'm either working all the time or off for a good week. Not complaining at all, I need the $$ but it sure can wear a person down. Hate it when I am at work for so long I'm unfamiliar with my house when I get home.

-
Back